DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-14-13

MGFanJay

I thought the main was good but not as good as the tag match from the PPV. HHH totally blew the segment though. Good lord did he kill what should have been a great moment. It's amazing how he just cannot resist killing other people's heat.

ADR is a great worker but he has no character or connection with the fans.

• Like 1

What a match. It was like a brand new crowd when they returned from commercials. Throw in a bunch of young girls screaming for Cody and I'd swear I've been sent back to 1983 Texas. 

Shield debuted in November last year. So basically we are at the 1 year point. If given the option of having a comp tape of a years work for any person or team I would pick them at this point. This is comparing just their first year to some other people's peaks. 

It is too bad what happened with the big swing this week. Doesn't have to a super heavyweight each time though. Beats Hornswoggle though.

I admit I was hoping Cena was going to save Bryan from Del Rio just to read the meltdowns that would have followed.

Did anyone else feel bad that Claudio couldn't properly swing Tensai?  Apparently he is mortal.

That was odd, particularly since he had no problem swinging the larger Brodus on Main Event the other day.

"Swinging the larger Brodus" sounds so very dirty.

Might it have been something Tensai did, like the Shellshock botch?

• Like 1

I thought the main was good but not as good as the tag match from the PPV. HHH totally blew the segment though. Good lord did he kill what should have been a great moment. It's amazing how he just cannot resist killing other people's heat.

I thought HHH running down there immediately and just completely losing it added to the importance and chaos of the entire thing. HHH losing his cool and forgetting for a sec that he isn't a rassler anymore was absolutely perfect. It's really such an amazing character. He wants you to think he is this purely corporate entity, telling The Shield about "best practices" and "opportunities not failures" but in the back of his mind all he is thinking is "I'm still the best. I could pedigree all three of these morons right now and pose down while listening to Motorhead and no one would say a goddamn word. I'm still the Game, baby".

• Like 2

2. Why was Daniel Bryan upset that his wrestling fiancee was put in a wrestling match?

3. Why was the fiancee screaming behind the closed door even though it appeared that Randy Orton wasn't even in the room when Bryan entered?

2. His fiancee was going into a match with the 'new' powerhouse of the divas and her crazy bitch at ringside. Idk, I'd be worry for her too. Said match wasn't bad. I loved the way Brie set up for the finish only to get pushed down like nothing. Too bad it was just for a big boot.

3. Orton has been giving some rapey rape vibes for almost a month now. Like he wants to rape her after he punts her or something. idk. Brie is probably the prettiest diva and it makes sense to me that the 'scruffiest' guy and the most 'psychotic but handsome' guy on the show would want that. Her involvement, minus the bad acting, has made them fighting less about the title and more about pussy. Way more interesting than it was a month ago. imo

Kinda unrelated, if people are sold on ADR just because he can't do much outside of working the arm, there were matches on Superstars in which that's all Brie did. If you watched them, would you excuse her for being heat-less, charisma-less, and pretty much a dime a dozen too?

I know shitting on WWE creative is pretty fun, and often the right attitude to take.  But going back a month and a half ago, before Cody was fired, was anyone thinking "You know, this whole HHH/Bryan thing would be a great gateway to put a title back on Golddust."

No?  No.  I wasn't thinking that.  I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.  It just wouldn't have occurred to me.

Even when Cody Rhodes is all of a sudden thrown in a "you're fired" match with Orton, I'm not watching thinking "Ah...endgame for this is Rhodes brothers tag team title reign!"

Nope.

But clearly they were.  This fantastic moment was planned out at least 6-8 weeks ago and unfolded perfectly without any swerves or giving up on the angle, or hotshotting it too quickly or putting it off too long.

I got to give credit...probably two months ago, the WWE writers came up with an absurd and beautiful idea that no one could have predicted would go this well...and they executed it pretty well flawlessly.

Your positive attitude has absolutely no place here ... fucking NONE.

• Like 3

That Rollins powerbomb into the barricade was maybe my favorite spot in the match, and deserves to be in highlight packages for many, many years. And Reigns is turning into my favorite big man wrestler since Batista; he may not have a lot of MOVEZ, but what he does looks good and makes sense, and he's the best trash talker in the company (as long as he keeps paying Mark Henry's air bill). "You NEVER put the chair down!" was unbelievably great.

I've got the same worries about the rest of the booking as I've had the whole time - Daniel Bryan looks more and more like he's actually being positioned as a B+, and the payoff to this sure looks like Show-HHH at 'Mania - but honestly, if the best we get out of this whole thing is Shield-Rhodes Boys, it's hard to complain too much.

Kinda unrelated, if people are sold on ADR just because he can't do much outside of working the arm, there were matches on Superstars in which that's all Brie did. If you watched them, would you excuse her for being heat-less, charisma-less, and pretty much a dime a dozen too?

6'5 luchadores with legitimate Olympic-level amateur wrestling and MMA backgrounds are a dime a dozen now?

• Like 4

I know shitting on WWE creative is pretty fun, and often the right attitude to take. But going back a month and a half ago, before Cody was fired, was anyone thinking "You know, this whole HHH/Bryan thing would be a great gateway to put a title back on Golddust."No? No. I wasn't thinking that. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. It just wouldn't have occurred to me.Even when Cody Rhodes is all of a sudden thrown in a "you're fired" match with Orton, I'm not watching thinking "Ah...endgame for this is Rhodes brothers tag team title reign!"Nope.But clearly they were. This fantastic moment was planned out at least 6-8 weeks ago and unfolded perfectly without any swerves or giving up on the angle, or hotshotting it too quickly or putting it off too long.I got to give credit...probably two months ago, the WWE writers came up with an absurd and beautiful idea that no one could have predicted would go this well...and they executed it pretty well flawlessly.

Your positive attitude has absolutely no place here ... fucking NONE.
No worries, I can poke a hole in it! If this Rhodes' victory was the plan for 6 weeks, why did they make the Uso's the #1 contenders recently (and they still haven't received their match)?

Of course the main event was fantastic. The fact that they gave it time to tell a story though is what made it awesome. I'd be willing to bet the  last however many times the tag belts have changed hands (especially on RAW) the match has been 10 minutes or less. Giving these guys 20+ to tell a story was brilliant.

So, one thing that I am curious about... Xavier Woods. Is this how they introduce him to the main roster? Does he get called into Triple H's office for starting a petition to get Big Show back and forced into a match with somebody (where of course Big Show interferes leading to a win for the NXT upstart)? I love the different layers to the overall story right now where so many people are getting the rub from it.

Also... where does this leave the Usos? I'd assume the Shield will get the belts back soon and we return to Usos vs. Shield... but what if the Usos decide to join up with Triple H because the Rhodes Bros. "stole" their title shot? I think the Usos are much better off as faces, but you never know.

It's been said, but dear God, the Bella twins cannot act. Brie's "No" to Orton's brutal beatdown of the man she loves was said in roughly the same tone as someone who realizes the waitress forgot to put extra cream on their frappuccino.

And you will NEVER forget the name of...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDUUUUUSSSSSST, FUCKERS.

That. Was. Fucking. Balls. Out. AWESOME.

I don't think I've marked that hard over a tag match since Jericho/Benoit beat HHH/Austin. Just. Wow. So awesome. This year had a pretty mundane start, but whoever has been writing and booking Raw for the last few months deserves a raise and a lifetime contract. Such an amazing time to be a wrestling fan again. And somehow The Shield still look like a bunch of killers.

Oh, and to call back to something I said last week, yeah, Goldust is a top 5 worker. No doubt about it. 

• Like 1

I'm with the "Del Rio is pretty meh" crowd. His matches are heatless and his offense is mediocre at the best, but those punches last night were just ridiculously bad.Unless someone, other than Jae, says so I'll continue to avoid his RVD match on Battleground like the plague.

Watched it for the first time last night, and it's pretty good, almost entirely due to Del Rio. He takes some nasty bumps during the match and sells really well, his offence on RVD looks good (including a solid looking boot to the face) and he keeps it entertaining despite RVD pretty much going through the motions. Plus there is a great part where Del Rio has the match won, Ricardo interferes only for Del Rio to rightly beat the shit out of him.

They did bring up the Usos being the true #1 contenders last night but didn't dwell on it.

I'll give credit where it's due to Brie Bella, that was probably the best match I'd ever seen her in.  Also been liking the tornado X-Factor she's been finishing with.  Neither of the Bellas can act, though.

Was a fun show to watch but I don't really regret not going.  Three-hour Raws must be marathons to sit through live.

Someone on Twitter(think it was Tommy Dreamer) noted that it had been about a DECADE since Goldust's previous title reign in WWE, to put it in perspective.

6'5 luchadores with legitimate Olympic-level amateur wrestling and MMA backgrounds are a dime a dozen now?

If they can't do anything to make more than like 5 people want to watch them, then yes. And those 5 people probably post here. ADR is terrible.