DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-14-13

MGFanJay

This was a show. Loved the Shellshock being done out of nowhere, and the hype song for Alberto-Cena. Loved seeing the tag titles in the main event. And the whole match ruled. Great stuff - hopefully it doesn't get a Dusty finish.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/10/wwe-raw-10-14-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/udqww3vt7unmipl22nwo8eymxsl1mvkh

HOLY SHIT FUCKING GOLDUST!! 

Match was insane. I liked how they worked Show into the end too. The Shield is so great also...  no wasted motions from those guys..  I liked how Ambrose and Rollins didn't just stand around like idiots they went right at Show instead.

Match of the year? I don't know...  who cares anymore...  the same group of 8-10 guys on the roster are putting on crazy matches every week. Who doesn't love this?

• Like 2

Reigns: "You IDIOT!  YOU NEVER PUT THE CHAIR DOWN!"

was such a movie villain moment, just before he gets sucked out of the plane or whatever.

Also, any wrestling match that ends with one of the announcers screaming "SOMEBODY ARREST THAT MAN!!!"

...is amazing

• Like 4

The main was a pretty damn good match and everyone worked really fucking hard.  I wish Cody showed more fire in the hot tag though.  He's starting to show me that while he is solid, he's not anything above that.

Also, I can't help but wonder why it's not Daniel Bryan in the Big Show spot.  It's been a good story with Show but all DB gets is beaten up and Show gets a huge moment on two straight RAWs.  I know DB got some big moments too in the past month but he needs it more than Show.

I really liked the main event, but I also feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity. With the no-DQ stip, they could have an All Japan-style tag with guys constantly running in and lots of brawling on the outside. Instead, we got a standard WWE tag, albeit a very good one, for the most part.

Moving on, it's amazing how much more interesting the Bryan/Orton feud is when HHH and Steph aren't at the center of it. Orton ramping up the sociopathy was great. The downside is being subjected to Brie's acting, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Reigns sells like a video game wrestler. So he sold the chair shot for about a minute then popped up like nothing happened. That is worse than no selling. Otherwise a great main event. 

Reigns is a part of the Anoa'i family and a former defensive linebacker, he's an hard cunt.

Great main-event, chairs, spears through barricades, super-hot tags, perfect use of the enforcers, new champions, Brilliant.

Reigns sells like a video game wrestler. So he sold the chair shot for about a minute then popped up like nothing happened. That is worse than no selling. Otherwise a great main event. 

Reigns is a part of the Anoa'i family and a former defensive linebacker, he's an hard cunt.

Great main-event, chairs, spears through barricades, super-hot tags, perfect use of the enforcers, new champions, Brilliant.

"A hard cunt" not "An hard cunt", we pronounce the H in hard, so you don't need the N.

That main event was so much fun.  I was pretty sure they were moving the titles along, but I wasn't sure if it would've been by Bionic Elbow or Falcon Punch. Show mauling people with his fist is everything that's right with America.

My main problem with this whole storyline remains Stephanie.  I think at this point it's clear that IF she gets her's (and that's a massive if), it will come at the hands of a Diva.  But after a couple of months of semi-feuding with AJ, she's all of the sudden doing her favors by tossing her opponents to the wolves?  Her lack of focus is killing me. 

Show actually had a decent amount of matches without a recap of what happened earlier or last week every 10 seconds.

Everyone in the back needs to watch Dustin/Golddust matches until they learn how to throw a proper punch.

Is the IC belt the only long time title that has always looked pretty much the same?

I know shitting on WWE creative is pretty fun, and often the right attitude to take.  But going back a month and a half ago, before Cody was fired, was anyone thinking "You know, this whole HHH/Bryan thing would be a great gateway to put a title back on Golddust."

No?  No.  I wasn't thinking that.  I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.  It just wouldn't have occurred to me.

Even when Cody Rhodes is all of a sudden thrown in a "you're fired" match with Orton, I'm not watching thinking "Ah...endgame for this is Rhodes brothers tag team title reign!"

Nope.

But clearly they were.  This fantastic moment was planned out at least 6-8 weeks ago and unfolded perfectly without any swerves or giving up on the angle, or hotshotting it too quickly or putting it off too long.

I got to give credit...probably two months ago, the WWE writers came up with an absurd and beautiful idea that no one could have predicted would go this well...and they executed it pretty well flawlessly.

• Like 11