DVDVR Message Board

The Final Tuesday Smackdown - 9/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm a little bit meh on the Bryan turn. He was a great heel and it meant he could work a slightly safer style.

Obviously the crowd is still happy to chant Yes! and all that, but turning him back now really just gets you a slightly less over Daniel Bryan then you had before. Seems weird to me, but hey....WWE booking.

Like I feel with Styles you could re-turn him 3 months from now and put him back where he was as a babyface, because he never really turned on the fans - he just got back with his buddies. Bryan's heel turn was different and harder to come back from narratively. As I say you can still do the turn and people will broadly accept it, but it won't quite be the same.

I find it funny that Kofi is less scared of Lesnar than Rollins is of The Fiend. They've invested so much in Kofi bookingwise that to....just have Lesnar run through him? Yeah, one hopes that somewhere between Bischoff and Heyman they might figure a better place to take this. They need to demonstrate fresh thinking; wrestling fans are looking for reasons not to filter more than ever and Smackdown is one of those shows that can easily get lost in the shuffle.

Show was ok, B-Team appearance was an obvious display of wheel spinning. 

I've only watched the opening portion so far but that was a great way to open the show. I'm loving Rowan right now. Was worried about Bryan after getting tied up in the ropes. I hope he's okay. The giant face reaction after very recently getting legit heel heat just helps prove Bryan is one of the best to do it (in my opinion, at least). The match was a lot of fun as well. I also love Rowan's KSE shirt. Reminded me that I still need to listen to their new album after loving the single with both Jesse and Howard doing vocals. 

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

USA or WWE should have paid Europe to perform the final smackdown for Bryan's entrance. 

Would have been worth it to see the baffled/blank look on the faces of fans, then people start to chime in... but would have killed the run-in factor. 

I fully expect them to do this at some point in his career before the end, though.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Would have been worth it to see the baffled/blank look on the faces of fans, then people start to chime in... but would have killed the run-in factor. 

I fully expect them to do this at some point in his career before the end, though.

47 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I always wanted Punk to come out to Miseria Cantare at least once in his run. the MITB match with Cena would have been perfect.

You guys are bringing back the memories of banging on ROH's metal barricades to the rhythm of the songs. Good times.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Do we know if Smackdown on FOX is going to end up on Hulu? I know currently RAW and SD go to Hulu the next day, but am not sure if that will continue once they move to FOX

I would assume so. It shows up on Hulu now, as do most Fox shows.