DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

So, it turns out that the Panthers believe Cam has a lisfranc fracture.   That would push out his return to the "8" portion of the original "Out to 4-8 weeks" assessment. 

Thursday is Philly/Green Bay.  Cleveland/Baltimore, undefeated Buffalo(?!)/New England, and Cowboys/Bears round out Sunday

So, I got DAZN up here in Canada this year for the sawkur coverage (they own Champions League, Premier League, and Serie A rights in Canada) but it also comes with NFL Game Pass. As a result of that, I've been getting into the NFL pretty hardcore for the first time since I was a kid. I instantly fell in love with Brian Baldinger's analysis of every flipping game on Baldy's Breakdowns on week 1 and some of the film session stuff the NFL Network has him do (that interview he did with Akiem Hicks was so great!), but I'm a little confused. Is it not a regularly scheduled show? There didn't appear to be episodes for week 2 or 3 and instead he has all of his clips on his Twitter. Was that a one off? Is it random? Do I just need to follow his twitter? 

Maybe it's the soccer tactics nerd part of me that loves the intricacies that Baldinger picks out, but stuff like this is my jam:

"Dang, man! I just wanna go to the state fair with Patrick Mahomes and just pop balloons. I want the biggest teddy bear out there, period." ?

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So.... Case Keenum is in a walking boot

Instead of being all "FUCK IT! Dwayne Haskins is the starter" - Jay Gruden is all "Hey Colt McCoy might be healthy!"

Jay Gruden is easing into the Jim Zorn, "I'm going to call the same fake field goal twice in a row," territory of not giving a fuck.  It happens to every Washington coach eventually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

If they lose badly on Sunday to the Giants, I fully expect them to fire Jay.

If it's close, though, I can still see him staying on but being forced to get rid of Manusky as the DC and having to start Haskins against the Dolphins in week 6.

All in all, I think it would be saner to give him one more week, just because of the difference in having the new coach have first game be New England or Miami.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show will be headlined by Jennifer Lopez and Shakira.

Your gay friends are all going bananas right now.    

If your gay friends enjoy watching Shakira and J-lo more than you, you might want to reevaluate who is the gay friend.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I don’t know what pass interference is

pass interference is a narrative device that appears when the protagonist needs it to exist in order to surpass a challenge and advance on the hero's journey.

like holding.

or disqualifications and countouts

12 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Got home in time to see Green Bay fun FOUR straight pass plays on the one yard line and come up with fucking nothing.

Glorious.

let's take a look at the "goal line offense" page of Green Bay's playbook:

T2bH3rG.jpg

how many teams have to lose important games including but not limited to 3 recent super bowls before teams remember that's a running situation

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Has anyone ever gone further with less talent than Jennifer Lopez?

She is absolutely fucking great in Hustlers. Like full stop "this is one of the best performances of the year" great.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Jessica Alba? 

Has she dropped any albums?  Has anyone suspected she may win an Oscar?  Jennifer Lopez is worth about twice as much.  Jennifer Lopez is a decent actress, where Jessica Alba is not good at all.  Jennifer Lopez is on the Britney Spears/Paula Abdul level as a singer, but is a professional level dancer.  J-Lo's talent took her farther, but I'd still say her success has outpaced her talent by miles over Jessica Alba.