DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Distance learning for kindergarteners is a shitshow.  No real alternatives, I absolutely get it and I understand the school system has to do something, but god damn.  A shitshow.  Fucking mayhem.  Hats off to all teachers, parents, and kids dealing with this.  You all deserve sundaes, filet mignons, the finest bourbon, and oral when this shit is over.

• Like 1

In the year 2050, small children will wonder why every old person in the world has calluses behind their ears.

Spoiler

(Because everyone who is refusing to wear a mask now will be dead by then)

Maybe its in the Metro section. (Has no clue what the NYT has in it.) We've gotten to the point where people are normalizing the massive death toll from this and we have to avoid that. I know RBG just died and all the other crap going on to distract including the election, but this should still be the number one focus of journalists going forward.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm just happy it didn't flood beyond the streets last night. Its mostly down now though its still flooded in various annoying spots.

We Still get a couple more nights of rain ... not supposed to clear up until Thursday 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm just happy it didn't flood beyond the streets last night. Its mostly down now though its still flooded in various annoying spots.

Remember: "Get hurtie, call Kurtie!"

• Haha 1

It'll obviously make for an easy pretense to crackdown in coming nights. And this doesn't address that some of the cop shootings during the protests earlier in the summer had boogaloo connections.

And this is before we even unpack what legitimacy violence does or doesn't have in protest. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Gotta love how they say two cops got shot but not whether it had anything to do with the protests. Nice little poke with the riot baton right there. 

Turns out one of them shot himself, so....

*yeets self out of thread before I get too political/obscene*

• Like 1

So remember how I said yesterday I don't want to think about what happens next?  Well, this is exactly what I was referring to.  I had some things typed out but considering the tone it took I'll take a cue from JLSigman and hold off on posting in here for a bit.

• Like 1