DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

9 minutes ago, Control said:

Where is the outrage from the supposed conservatives and libertarians that secret police are being used to arrest people over graffiti?

The real surprise is that it's happening to largely white people and people seem to have no issue with it, which surprises the hell out of me.  They got white moms out here locking arms and they catching the tear gas like everybody else.

1 hour ago, Control said:

Where is the outrage from the supposed conservatives and libertarians that secret police are being used to arrest people over graffiti?

The future is everyone in America either warning about or demanding a soft coup military state depending on whether their party is in the White House. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Control said:

It's not just graffiti and you're wrong to characterize it as such. Just take it from Acting Deputy Secretary Smooth Brain, king of self-defeating arguments:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

It's not just graffiti and you're wrong to characterize it as such. Just take it from Acting Deputy Secretary Smooth Brain, king of self-defeating arguments:

1. Don't use the non-confirmed shouldn't be still in this job Head of the Non-technically allowed by the Constitution DHS Federal Police to make a point, as he's been pushing an agenda and most of this Federal Policing actions have been at the behest of the Wannabe Tinpot Dictator in Charge that's using a Dystopian Future as his campaign slogan, especially when the Federal Government has been conflating Protesters and Rioters since the start of this shit in an attempt to keep scared suburbanites voting for Donnie.

2. The "Small Government R's" and Libertarian response has been "Mah property!" as they care more about that and painting anything having to do with BLM as Marxist, because they're falling back to THAT boogyman again, than they care about actual rights, because selfishness is a virtue, and the only rights they care about are theirs, no one else's.

3. The issue is with the fucking media.  Depending on what side you're on, it's either "peaceful and no issues" or it's "lawless vandals and violent looters" and there's no fucking inbetween.  Everyone is only reporting what pushes their agenda.  It's almost impossible to get the real story as anyone only cares about what froths up their base.  Yes, there's peaceful protestors in Portland.  Yes, there are also rioters.  Yes, they're separate entities that BOTH sides are conflating into one.  Yes, there's a lot of shit that the protest side are doing that is making the other side's argument for them.  And yes, it's fucking frightening that Trump, Wolf, and Barr are using it as a test bed to have DHS Agents run roughshod with no oversight or apparent accountabilty on an American populace.  There's no fucking excuse for it.  It's as against every principal of Constitutionalism that exist and every principal that "Conservatives" and even Libertarians have claimed to have for the last 30 years at least.   But they're cheering it because it's THEIR side that's doing it.  Mind, if Obama had rolled DHS Stormtroopers into Dallas to "get it under control", All those people fist pumping the God Emperor for doing this would be the first building the gibbets on the South Lawn.

EDIT: Sorry Andy, as to 1, I see you edited it and provided the scarcasm.  Rest of my points still stand.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:21 PM, Control said:

Lol, how do you get Coronavirus three times?

Quite easily. The antibodies wear out after about 4-6 weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxB said:

Quite easily. The antibodies wear out after about 4-6 weeks.

Or that the virus just plain doesn't work like other viruses where you get it once and can't get it again.  Some viruses like the chicken pox just live in your body, that's why you may get shingles as you get older.  You can't get the chicken pox again, but once you have it you don't really get rid of it.  This could be the same thing with COVID-19, we just don't really know yet.

8 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

He really should have limited his tweet - and possibly all future tweets - to his last sentence there.  That is, understanding it was exactly 1 word too long...

On 7/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, The Natural said:

I had my last shift at the charity shop yesterday. It was one of if not the busiest shift I’ve had. It was kind hearing customers say how sad they were about the shop’s closure and wishing us well. We felt the same way. I’m already missing the people I worked with and the community I tried to help. The biggest draw to me about the Cellar Trust and specifically the shop was how it helps those with mental health issues, me included.

Hey everyone. The closing down sale went on longer than expected. I was asked if I wanted to do a shift and the one I picked, today turned out to be the final one. I began the first date of the closing down sale with the same people and there I was today at its end. I’m thankful for that. I wish I’d started sooner and I’m already missing it, man. Thanks for reading xxx.

• Like 5

Hey, all.  First my wife and I wanted to say thanks for the positive thoughts regarding her mom.

But good news is surgery is off the table.  Well, at least the option they considered before.  They drained the fluid in her lungs and are making sure that doesn't fill back up.  And things with her Pancreatitis seemed like it's mainly under control though they did recently offer to put in a stent.  I don't believe that would be too bad and the situation's not grim like it was before.  But assuming that part's not needed and all goes well she'll be moved to a rehab facility.  So all things considered good news.

• Like 8

On 7/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Hey, all.  First my wife and I wanted to say thanks for the positive thoughts regarding her mom.

But good news is surgery is off the table.  Well, at least the option they considered before.  They drained the fluid in her lungs and are making sure that doesn't fill back up.  And things with her Pancreatitis seemed like it's mainly under control though they did recently offer to put in a stent.  I don't believe that would be too bad and the situation's not grim like it was before.  But assuming that part's not needed and all goes well she'll be moved to a rehab facility.  So all things considered good news.

Love to' y'all xxx.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, The Natural said:

Hey everyone. The closing down sale went on longer than expected. I was asked if I wanted to do a shift and the one I picked, today turned out to be the final one. I began the first date of the closing down sale with the same people and there I was today at its end. I’m thankful for that. I wish I’d started sooner and I’m already missing it, man. Thanks for reading xxx.

Thanks for the reactions to my post a week ago about my last shift on the final ever day of the Cellar Trust Charity Shop. The shop was different to other charity shops as it promoted itself as one helping those with mental health issues like mine I've confided in here.

I really enjoyed my time there, got some great clothes and DVDs for myself to go with gifts for my Mum, Dad, Sister and my two best friends. This is the Zara Man's Coat I bought from the shop earlier this year:

107840065_10157543409573862_662217250244

Photo taken 5th March 2020, the day before my 35th birthday.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6

During my latest travels across the country for work, I've seen yet another animal I was not expecting, and this time not as roadkill - prairie dogs! Just bunches of the little bastards right on the side of a highway outside of Denver, CO.  Not quite a kangaroo, but still neat. 

• Like 5

I think I ran over one of those quick little buggers a month or two back (we live out in the Illinois cornfields and there are tons of animal, shall we say, "interactions"). I felt terrible but running in front of a car going 60+ MPH is asking for it. 

Luckily I have not ran into any deer out here in a decade plus, cross fingers and knock on wood. They're a nightmare around rutting season after dark. The only thing more dangerous is the fog we get at times, especially when you're legally blind like I am and have enough trouble seeing to drive at night.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, christopher.annino said:

During my latest travels across the country for work, I've seen yet another animal I was not expecting, and this time not as roadkill - prairie dogs! Just bunches of the little bastards right on the side of a highway outside of Denver, CO.  Not quite a kangaroo, but still neat. 

Not sure if this is a fun fact or not, but prairie dogs can carry the bubonic plague. I remember a friend going to the mountains in CO and seeing a sign saying to avoid contact with the prairie dogs so you don't contract the disease.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Not sure if this is a fun fact or not, but prairie dogs can carry the bubonic plague. I remember a friend going to the mountains in CO and seeing a sign saying to avoid contact with the prairie dogs so you don't contract the disease.

Yi yi yi!!!  Our-on-again-off-again-on-again-off-again cat Newt (Older sister-in-law, walked in, plopped down a very young kitten and said "Take care of this for a couple of weeks!" We deduced how old she was and that she required bottle feeding for FOUR WEEKS! Sometimes I don't know what's rattling around in Lynn's skull. Anyway after all that like we were gonna give her up? Well, we weren't except for one thing, she made life miserable for Cersei and she's my baby girl, plus she was here first. So Newt  went back to where she came from originally, everyone on Jones' Ranch is happy, everyone on DePauli Estates is happy (except for Sumuru, who delights in being miserable, as Zimbra posted in another thread, "Some cats are just asshats!")

• Haha 1