DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:31 AM, supremebve said:

Good brisket is one of the best things you'll ever eat.  Bad brisket is inedible...and smoking a brisket might take 18 hours of fire tending to get right.  Most people won't do that, and most of the people who will do it can't do it well.

Back when we lived in Seattle there was a little BBQ joint that we went to run by "The General", his son and grand-daughter. Man started his brisket at 4AM and wouldn't sell any until 3PM. It was to die for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, elizium said:

Don't get old. I played frisbee with some friends Monday night and I haven't been able to lift my arm since then.

If I'm older than you, I hate you.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

If I'm older than you, I hate you.

I'm 62 and haven't played extreme frisbee since leaving Seattle 13 years ago. I'm sure I can still throw, running after the damn thing would be problematic, I'd be good for about five minutes, then it would be time to hook the oxygen back up. 

On a funny note, not meant to be political, but the wife-person is watching the Trump rally so he can say something to piss her off and she can go nutzoid on FB. My only observation is "Look at how many people came dressed as empty chairs!"  If you can't draw 19,000 in OKLA. it's time to just stick a fork in it, you're done, you orange shit-gibbon. Done!

• Like 2

Figured I'd post this original before the joke-thieves get it:

Q: What's Donald Trump's favorite musical?

A: I don't know, but after tonight it sure as shit ain't Oklahoma!

• Haha 8

13 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I have some of the same issues when buying meats. It's just me and Mom here, so anything more than five pounds is just wasted in the end. I do a lot of cheap pork in the crock pot these days.

Do pork ribs with BBQ to your taste in the crock pot, it is to die for and very little work.

• Like 1

Ironically, it would seem, his favorite musical is Rent, but it just reminds him of his time as a slumlord refusing to rent to anyone that would be represented in Rent.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:07 PM, Ryan said:

The uncle of mine who had COVID-19, but was asymptomatic is finally out of quarantine and they're allowed to take him out of his room and even took him for a ride and stuff. He had to wait longer because another person got exposed by going into his room long after he had gotten it even though they tested negative. The woman who worked there who had it and he got it from is fine now as is her husband. So, all is well for now on that front at least.

Great news, @Ryan!

31 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I just wanted to post a quick Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on here. It’s going to be my second one without my dad, but I hope all of you have a great day. 

I'd like to second the Happy Father's Day message and kudos to you doing so. Losing a parent's the worst. Best wishes.

• Like 2

All this brisket talk has me sad I spent last week in the south (VA, TN, AL) and only had barbecue once... But lucky me, I have two more week of southern travel ahead! Hahahaha ????

This time I'm definitely getting some hole in the wall bbq and at least one huge Cook Out order 

Happy Father's Day, fellow dadz.

• Haha 1

I feel ya - I live in New England and hate seafood...

What's good for non-bbq in the south? Immediately I think fried chicken... I had some wings and fried okra from JRs Fish & Chicken and it was okay, nothing mind-blowing...

My grandma's husband spent years living in Texas and is a master barbequer, but unfortunately age caught up with him and he gave up his giant smoker about a year back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

What's good for non-bbq in the south? Immediately I think fried chicken... I had some wings and fried okra from JRs Fish & Chicken and it was okay, nothing mind-blowing...

Pretty much all southern food is awesome.  Even stuff I don't like (like crawfish) I get the appeal of.

Except for Carolina barbecue.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Pretty much all southern food is awesome.  Even stuff I don't like (like crawfish) I get the appeal of.

Except for Carolina barbecue.

That's not bar-b-q, that's ruining a piece of meat by dumping a bottle of vinegar on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Bite your tongue! I would kill several people for a big plate of New England deep-fried scallops.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Bite your tongue! I would kill several people for a big plate of New England deep-fried scallops.

I can't help it man, just my tastes! Even worse, I don't like cheese at ALL. I'm a terrible Italian. Oh, BTW I definitely loved Blake's Lottaburger, thanks for that heads up!

As for barbecue styles, I like everything I've had, honestly. Texas, Carolina, Memphis, all delicious to me.