DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

It’s the Post; most of their reporting is designed to wind people up. 

That said, there seems to be some dissonance between what the student asked for and how the professor replied. Unless I’m misreading it, they asked for a no harm final for the entire class on the supposition that the students were busy protesting and weren’t studying. His response frames it as the student asking for special consideration only for Black students, which wasn’t the request. He had every right to say no, but he mischaracterized what they were asking, to the point where it appears he was inviting this to happen. The student’s motives may be sketchy, but the professor appears to have an agenda too. 

I wouldn’t worry about him. I’m sure he’ll get crowdfunded as much or more than he’ll be cancelled. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

What's Latin, is that a kind of bread?

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Gluten?

Please quit making the board member who took 4 years of Latin sad. Admittedly I have forgotten so much and was more focused on mythology for competitions, but I would like think those times weren't a complete waste. Actually the Latin teacher I had was probably my favorite teacher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Please quit making the board member who took 4 years of Latin sad. Admittedly I have forgotten so much and was more focused on mythology for competitions, but I would like think those times weren't a complete waste. Actually the Latin teacher I had was probably my favorite teacher.

Didn't you used to be the Greek god of death. THANAT(O/U)S!

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Actually the Latin teacher I had was probably my favorite teacher.

Paul Harvey: "And that teacher turned out to be...Roy Cohn!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, (BP) said:

It’s the Post; most of their reporting is designed to wind people up. 

That said, there seems to be some dissonance between what the student asked for and how the professor replied. Unless I’m misreading it, they asked for a no harm final for the entire class on the supposition that the students were busy protesting and weren’t studying. His response frames it as the student asking for special consideration only for Black students, which wasn’t the request.

The original request was "an ask that you exercise compassion and leniency with black students in our major". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

The original request was "an ask that you exercise compassion and leniency with black students in our major". 

Yes, by not letting the final negatively affect any student’s grades. 

“We have been placed in a position where we must choose between actively supporting our black classmates or focusing on finishing up our spring quarter,” 

They’re saying they can’t be good allies if they have to worry about bombing finals. It’s some spurious reasoning for sure, but all he had to do was say no. I’d like to read the actual letter, but I keep circling back to the professor and all of the anti-woke grifters elevating the story online being intentionally obtuse. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:47 AM, Zimbra said:

@Brian Fowler Hope you and any other Michiganders on the board are safe and above water today.

I'm way delayed responding to this because I guess I missed the notification, but thanks. I'm lucky, was about twenty minutes away from the dam failures but had nothing notable here outside of one day of the parking lot being a mess and hearing the subpump working triple time

Don't sell yourself short. You can admit it. You emptied it all yourself with a single bucket and a wish. You also had a blindfold on.

• Haha 2

The incident report for the Breonna Taylor situation was released by the Louisville PD and... it's literally blank.

It says there was no forced entry.

It lists Breonna has having no injuries, despite her being dead because of 8 shots out of 22 hitting her while she slept.

The narrative portion, that's supposed to be a detailed account of what happened that night, simply just says "PIU Investigation".

Naturally the police are blaming a computer program.

EDIT: Oh, and Atlanta is about to turn into Minneapolis probably.

Edited by Casey

11 hours ago, Casey said:

The incident report for the Breonna Taylor situation was released by the Louisville PD and... it's literally blank.

It says there was no forced entry.

It lists Breonna has having no injuries, despite her being dead because of 8 shots out of 22 hitting her while she slept.

The narrative portion, that's supposed to be a detailed account of what happened that night, simply just says "PIU Investigation".

Naturally the police are blaming a computer program.

EDIT: Oh, and Atlanta is about to turn into Minneapolis probably.

"Who watches the watchmen" and all that.

The cops have thus far been allowed to police themselves, with rules written by unions for whom untouchability of officers' jobs  is the only directive.  The whole Taylor incident, start to finish, is the perfect microcosm of decades of policing directed by "whatever the officers want to do."

• Like 3

The police in New York accused Shake Shack of intentionally poisoning their milkshakes...and of course it never happened.  Are they trying to do everything they can to lose trust with the entirety of the country?

• Like 2

Multiple cases of Covid in my son's daycare now.  This is gonna be the thing that finally drags me onto facebook - to keep track of what the school sends out.

Unrelated thing - am I a terrible person for enjoying pictures of those New Mexico militia douchebags on their knees?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

The police in New York accused Shake Shack of intentionally poisoning their milkshakes...and of course it never happened.  Are they trying to do everything they can to lose trust with the entirety of the country?

Like what would convince them this was a thing?

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Like what would convince them this was a thing?

Dude, I'm pretty sure getting the shits is what happens to about 76% of the population after a milkshake.  I have no idea why they assumed it was poison. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, elizium said:

There was cleaning product in the drinks, but it was from an improperly cleaned machine.

Scheming on a thing that's a mirage,
I'm tryin' to tell you now it's sabotage!

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, elizium said:

There was cleaning product in the drinks, but it was from an improperly cleaned machine.

I trust ineptitude to come first before purposeful tampering which is sad seeing that neither is a remotely good thing.

• Like 1

From July:

“Last week, a Marion County Sheriff’s Office employee purchased a McChicken sandwich from the McDonald’s location at 3828 W Morris Street, Indianapolis," the sheriff's office told NBC News in a statement Monday. "The employee took a bite out of the sandwich upon starting his shift at the Marion County Jail, then placed it in the refrigerator in a break room."

The officer returned nearly seven hours later "having forgotten that he had previously bitten the sandwich," the sheriff's office said, adding DJ "wrongly concluded that a McDonald’s employee had tampered with his food because he is a law enforcement officer."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-accused-mcdonald-s-workers-taking-bite-his-sandwich-n1035796

• Haha 6