DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I suppose the rat is because I hate dogs. I figured I'd made it home free. I tried to say we'd get an aquarium and fish, but we all know fish aren't actually pets. It's just their upkeep is just an interactive puzzle to solve. 

I'd keep pushing for a snake as long as she pushes for the rat. Then, cut a heel Jake promo on her just for the hell of it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

What use is a Hooker, if you have to stay 2 metres apart from them they whole time?

You can stand her facing a motel room wall and throw lunchmeat at her, like in Backstage Sluts.

and of course, do coke while you're doing it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Rats are actually pretty awesome as pets.

Rats are incontinent. With a Cat or a Dog, they have a designated area for pissing and shitting. But rodents just leak urine like they don't give a fuck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

tumblr_noh1aeZmrH1tqxsu6o2_400.gif

Good point. This was in the late 90s and I recall Fred Durst, Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray, and the guys in Orgy amongst others that were in the video with their groupies.

Upon further review, there were three editions of Backstage Sluts.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Count me in as pro-rat. Never had one personally, but had a roommate and friends that have. They are super smart, personable, playful and make a sound like purring when you scritch them.

Fill your house with rats, be that guy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, elizium said:

Count me in as pro-rat. Never had one personally, but had a roommate and friends that have. They are super smart, personable, playful and make a sound like purring when you scritch them.

Fill your house with rats, be that guy.

Never go full Willard

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

Everyday I am seeing concrete proof that MS deserves it reputation. Every local store is trying to make each aisle one way. Putting signs on the floor directing traffic.

Heard a few landwhales on scooters telling the staff,that is stocking the shelves,"I AInt reading no signs on the floor. Now tell me where yall are hiding the biscuits?"

Yea is this the only area with a run on can biscuits and pizza crusts? We have 3 grocery stores in the county and 2 of them have been out of both for 5 weeks.

Timing it so once a week I go get meds and food for the upcoming week. Trying to hit places when they are the emptiest.But being surrounded by just ,and yea fuck it this is mean,living breathing examples of inbreeding and just generations of people that have been raised to not read and barely finish jr high....

Pretty much every week when I goto town,once I get home get everything wiped down and put up,been going to the big pier on the property and just sitting out there for hours at a time. 

Only people I see are the few fishing or just paddling around in the lake. Watched two kids race each other in kayaks earlier.

• Like 4

It's almost as if what we think in our heads about states that seem to be bottom five in every conceivable positive statistic and top five in all the bad ones is true. Almost...

Edited by Ryan

First the rat business... I hail from Seattle where we have a species called "Norway Rats" that are the size of small cats. Frequently , when closing down Murphy's Pub I'd see the horrible procession of these vermin as they would come the five block trip from the tip of Lake Union to the restaurant garbage cans on 45th street. Like I said, these were big fuckers and creeped me the fuck out.  Now here's where you seem to do a 180 on the  subject and mention that you are concerned that the rat will be lonely without someone to play  with and suggest that the energetic gerbil will be just the thing! The fact is that gerbils are as vicious as honey badgers and the gerbil will kill the rat in short order. I'm firmly in the camp of people who consider rats, mice, and other rodents to be noxious pests. I can tolerate a guinea pig, (at least  they're relatively cute). 

A dear friend has pet rats and actually uses "Paghat the Ratgirl" for her internet handle she also raises poisonous  fire salamanders , which I think are just cool as fuck. We're cat people, but I've always been cool with reptiles, amphibians, and fish. We lost our four clown loaches during the move to New Mexico, (somehow their bag got a hole in it and their water drained out  overnight). We were just too heartbroken and angry to start over, we'd had those fish for years and they had grown from little two inch fish that cost around $6.00 each to huge (for clown loaches) at around six-seven inches! The guy at the fish store  said that clowns of that size and apparent hardiness would readily sell for $60-$75 each! Had no idea...

Moving right along, thus far the C-virus hasn't effected me a great deal. I'm 97% home-bound anyway, going out maybe twice a month for date night. However, that all changed yesterday... McKinley County (which contains Gallup) has become a hot spot mainly due to stupid Navajos who bought into the bullshit that this is a "yellow man's and white man's disease and we don't need to worry about it. Hence, dozens of people with no masks or gloves packing the family into cars and wandering around Wal-Mart and  other retailers  like nothing was going on. Needless to say the local drunks have been passing the bottle around resulting in  filling up the high school gymnasium with sick people.

Well, the other shoe dropped yesterday... The National Guard was called in to enforce new safety rulings which consisted of:

No one goes in or out of Gallup without proof positive that they live there.

All business must close at 5:00 PM

The reservation is shut down at 8:00PM, anyone violating this curfew will be jailed .

What can I say except that the citizens brought this on themselves by acting like asshats. Fuck it, if you're going to behave in such a way as to put dozens of other people at risk because you only watch Faux News and listen to some idiot on the rez  who is running for Chapter House President  so that he can continue a lifetime of graft and nepotism, you pretty much deserve what you get. The sad thing is that this could have been avoided if these people had only tried the bleach and Lysol cure.... Supposedly they are going to re-evaluate the situation Monday  and see where we go from there. It's pretty creepy seeing National Guard roadblocks on every major street. I like writing apocalyptic horror, living it; not so much... Stay well friends, I keep telling myself that I survived Nixon, Bush and will survive the orange shit-gibbom currently occupying the  White House; so one way or another we'll get through this and  come out stronger on the other side. Live from the lockdown ... Peace out... John                                                                                                                                    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

A dear friend has pet rats and actually uses "Paghat the Ratgirl" for her internet handle she also raises poisonous  fire salamanders , which I think are just cool as fuck. We're cat people, but I've always been cool with reptiles, amphibians, and fish. We lost our four clown loaches during the move to New Mexico, (somehow their bag got a hole in it and their water drained out  overnight). We were just too heartbroken and angry to start over, we'd had those fish for years and they had grown from little two inch fish that cost around $6.00 each to huge (for clown loaches) at around six-seven inches! The guy at the fish store  said that clowns of that size and apparent hardiness would readily sell for $60-$75 each! Had no idea...                                                                

Weird...I’m familiar with Paghat the Ratgirl because she posted a lot of reviews of (relatively) obscure samurai movies.

Also, @jaedmc: don’t get a rat. There’s a plague across the globe and you’re gonna get the avatar of pestilence?

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Get a elephant.

Indian Proverb: If you wish your rival to suffer, buy him an elephant. He will thank you for your generosity, and then the elephant will eat him out of house and home.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 4:42 AM, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

One of my best friends from high school passed away.

In February.

No one told me because the only person in his life that still wanted me around was him.

I'm gonna be in shock for quite a while, I suspect.

Sorry for your loss.

I know I don't know you personally or anything, but I think I can say with a degree of certainty that there are plenty of folks here that want you around.

• Like 3

lol yeah that came off way more like "NO BODY LOVES ME T__T" than I intended. I've got a good & strong support network, it's just bitter to learn about that so far after the fact because of who his circle became. Nothing to be done, I suppose. Kind of you to say that, though.

Edited by Lamp, broken circa 1988

11 hours ago, Control said:

Also, don’t get a rat. There’s a plague across the globe and you’re gonna get the avatar of pestilence?

This makes me want to paint up my Skaven/Nurgle allies and throw them headfirst against some Nids. Can't wait. 

I'd advise against fish and aquariums, so much hassle to maintain, imo. Cleaning the water, checking the levels, temperatures, etc. My brother in law got us some Bettas because his own aquarium was lit up and with the lights out it looks very Avatar/Pandora-ish but oh man so much work, imo. Never mind trying to add other fish to the aquarium because them Bettas trip out like it's gang wars or something whenever we've tried to add new fish.

Instead of rats, may I suggest an ant farm if they're sold anywhere locally. Super interesting, imo, so industrious and seemingly always on the move. Loved visiting my cousin as a kid to see his setup, which was in a gerbil cage maybe, something that wasn't an aquarium but had glass to see them scurrying through. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 8:21 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

tumblr_noh1aeZmrH1tqxsu6o2_400.gif

Well, if you're worried about the economic aspect of wasting lunchmeat on them, sex workers can be easily trained to steal lemons, which will both add to your quarantine stockpile and provide important vitamin C to prevent scurvy from kicking in. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, AxB said:

Indian Proverb: If you wish your rival to suffer, buy him an elephant. He will thank you for your generosity, and then the elephant will eat him out of house and home.

Then the elephant will eat you because it turns into a zombie for some reason. Insert plot here.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Then the elephant will eat you because it turns into a zombie for some reason. Insert plot here.

PceKGFKIeJCoXZZ-YiKB7OR4vts=.gif

• Haha 5

On 1/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, Control said:

We put our dog down today. It fucking sucks.

We bought a puppy from the same breeder. He was born last month. Ready for pickup end of June. Something to look forward to this year, finally.

Just got the email that our puppy died on Monday. Sudden puppy death syndrome. Has never happened before for this breeder.

Fuck 2020.

• Sad 4