DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

1 hour ago, elizium said:

I mean, it looks cool, but that looks uncomfortable as all hell to sit at. I don't see anyway of sitting there without bracing your arms across the table.

I will most likely get a full set of bar stools and forego the bench seating.  The chairs have a spinal dip and are quire comfortable to sit in.

There’s a whole buncha major corporations sending me emails telling me how concerned they are about racism - this week.  For some reason they were all quiet about it last week.  Guess they were just shy or something 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Robert C said:

There’s a whole buncha major corporations sending me emails telling me how concerned they are about racism - this week.  For some reason they were all quiet about it last week.  Guess they were just shy or something 

The only one I've seen that I fully believe is Sesame Street. They've been practising what they preach for 50 years.

Youtube sent one out and it's like, that's nice, but maybe fix your algorithm so that people don't keep getting alt-right suggestions after looking up something innocuous. Or even better, remove those videos altogether.

I'm already worried about what Twitter is going to start recommending me, since I clicked on the trending all lives matter ?hashtag out of morbid curiosity. I already have enough trouble with it constantly recommending Barstool choads, just because I follow a few sports accounts like Super70sSports.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Do you still not have your bar stools yet? 

My ex-boo wanted the bar stools I purchased for the house three years ago so she gave me money for them.

I must purchase new bar stools.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Speaking of that album and the Rodney King song, I am going to be a hypocrite.  

I know I said that looting isn't cool but if there is ever a riot in RVA, it better happen near Rooms To Go on Broad Street when I have a moving van handy.

I have had my eye on this dinette set for quite some time now.

noah-chocolate-4-pc-bar-height-dining-ro

Note to self: if anything goes down, go to Broad with a brick to lend a hand.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I made the mistake of engaging in a political discussion on another forum and now my mouth tastes like pennies.

Well, the argument was about the taste of pennies and related to Abe Lincoln somehow, so you had to know it was going to lead to eating a lot of pennies.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As fun as it is to think about him going into the bunker on Friday, his response on Saturday was essentially to softly ask for street brawls that night. This story being out is going to be a major hit to his ego, and the response will not be good. 

He has an incredibly tiny dick. Pass it on. 

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Speaking of that album and the Rodney King song, I am going to be a hypocrite.  

I know I said that looting isn't cool but if there is ever a riot in RVA, it better happen near Rooms To Go on Broad Street when I have a moving van handy.

I have had my eye on this dinette set for quite some time now.

noah-chocolate-4-pc-bar-height-dining-ro

While I generally disapprove of looting, one image that is indelibly burned into my brain is that of the gentleman proudly absconding with about ten bags of variously-flavored Doritos... Now I'm as fond of Doritos as the next guy, but as I'm more or less of a shut-in, Kathy does the shopping and it seems to me that Doritos are almost perpetually on-sale, but even when they aren't, I think they carry a store-stamp of $3.69, so this dude is looting a Wal-Mart for less than $40.00 in junkfood. While my taste is such that there is very little at Wal-Mart that gets my attention, I guaran-fucking-tee-you I can find something worth more than forty bucks, even if it  just be multiple figures of Finn Balor. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Casey said:

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

I just got an alert on my phone about a Coronavirus update, and thought to myself, "oh yeah, I guess that is still going on."  Never forget, this is what happens when black people asked to be treated equally.  Not better than white people, not different than white people, but just the mere notion that people should go to jail for killing us in the street.    

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This feels like a turning point in history. Maybe that's foolish of me to say, but it honestly feels like a moment in time where sides are going to have to be chosen and fought for.

Maybe I've just been reading too much Lenin lately, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

This feels like a turning point in history. Maybe that's foolish of me to say, but it honestly feels like a moment in time where sides are going to have to be chosen and fought for.

Maybe I've just been reading too much Lenin lately, though.

I'll believe it when I see it.  As of now, the only idea to combat protests about police brutality seems to be more police brutality.  It's literally the only thing the police have ever tried.

25 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  As of now, the only idea to combat protests about police brutality seems to be more police brutality.  It's literally the only thing the police have ever tried.

Probably because there's a long history and connection between some police departments and white supremacy. They aren't going to change, that's who they are. 

To be clear, I didn't mean the turning point would be the police departments and other institutions suddenly shedding their racist skin or anything. It kind of feels like a lot of violence is about to happen, and whether that plays into the current administration's hands or not, it's going to affect one side or another of history for a long time afterwards.

There's two paths here, and either way, we're about to go down one of them.

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Thread

I agree with everything he is saying and all but maybe to maintain some sort of logical and emotional consistency he should stop sporting an avatar featuring a man that advocated for the death of gays. Shabba looks dope AF and all but man... That's not great and it's always bothered me about Big E's Twitter account.

I read up on the '21 Tulsa massacre (only entered the Oklahoma curriculum this year! None of my US history courses in university touched on it) and lynchings linked from the wiki article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1