DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:21 PM, Control said:

Aaaand that litter is way overdue and the breeder is suggesting it’s probably a false pregnancy. This news comes right after my wife started to turn the corner on her depression. Fuck this absolute dogshit year.

Holy shit, one pup born almost a week late. Guess single-puppy litters are rare and high risk (especially since it’s a first time mother), but if this little fucker survives, he’s ours!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've never even heard of that. What kind of dog is it?

A soft-coated wheaten terrier.

Googling info on single-litter pups, and there’s a danger that they don’t learn to play without siblings, but since it’s a breeder she’s got puppies that are only a month older.

One of the main concerns is that, since the pup won’t have to fight its siblings to eat, it will get fat. Lol, I love a chonky boy.

Edited by Control

I had a wheaten terrier when I was a kid named Buster. Sweetest, gentlest dog I’ve ever owned. Only issue was that he wasn’t fixed, and the first year or so we had him he’d knock my younger brother to the floor and hump him. Which of course twelve-year-old me thought was the funniest thing I’d ever seen and only made him more awesome to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Cerebral Palsy effects my legs more than anything else and I'm in a bad spell of that.

Hang in there, mate! Hope you feel better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quarandumped sounds like a shitty new live action show being developed for Adult Swim starring some youtuber everyone hates.

One of my best friends from college, whose wedding I attended 18 years ago, recently dumped her husband and has fully embraced the cougar lifestyle.

Ironically, I found this out when I emailed her over my own angst at briefly dating a much younger woman.

I expected/hoped she would talk me out of it, but instead she told me how "fun" a mid-life crisis can be.

Needless to say, I was upset at the marriage failing, and this was not the advice I had been hoping for.

?

• Haha 3

Work not too far from there. Other side of the river. An undercurrent of tension has been building for a while now. The killing of George Floyd set a lot off. The Mayor calls for charges to be made and the County Attorney saying the the officers involved are not cooperating. Everything hit the fan. Protesters being shot with rubber bullets, neighboring neighborhoods having looting, cop cars driving around Hennepin Ave spraying tear gas, the 3rd Precinct burning down, mixed information on what exactly is happening in St Paul like Frog Town being on lockdown.

If the riot makes it to my work, a camera shop, we probably would have to shutdown. I was about to head to work and got texted not to. The COVID world has business down and the business loan is only for payroll. 

The Twin Cities are a surface level nice, yet passive aggressive. Gay-friendly, bike-friend, art heavy, clean air, metropolitan yet less hustle. However, large racial inequality, COVID reopening debates getting more intense, old school portion of the police being more tough on citizens when their sheriff Stanech lost to openly-gay Hutch almost to overcompensate, still tense over Philando Castile’s death, racism towards the Somali community (my wife used to work at a Somali owned dentist office as a receptionist and would receive angry death threats occasionally), the fact that Tent City is still a growing thing, resentment over the previous Sheriff shipping police out the the Dakota Pipeline protest, last few years almost every major road seeming like it is under construction, people out of work and either blaming facemask truthers or Governor Walz depending on where your politics lean. Minneapolis with probably burn and St Paul could possibly be looted. One terrible event did not create this. Just like the Rodney King riots, this is a torch on straw.

My wife was in the city for most of her time in Mn so she never really needed to get her license. We’re in Hopkins now and use a car more, so she’s getting refreshed on practicing driving. I’ll be honest as a white man with a black wife, deep down it is terrifying. We’ve talked about it but I don’t show it. Typing this I’m tearing up because I know if anything every happens like that to my wife I’ll fucking kill myself and I have nothing to live for.

Edited by OctopusCinema
  • Sad 12

The last thing we needed at this specific time was another Summer of 1968, but dammit, here we go. Fucking bullshit.

Edited by Ryan

I care about equality dearly and shit like this really angers me anyway, but I can't find the words for how to describe how it makes me feel knowing I have blood relatives and adopted family that are African-American to have to be growing up and still have this shit going on. There's so little I can personally do and it frustrates me greatly.

• Like 4

On a much lighter note, the Spring Slaughter has begun here... It's ninety degrees and Jackpot, Seven and Sandor all came trooping in carrying lizards before I could catch them... At least one escaped and is under either the couch or love-seat where it will no doubt starve to death or come out where one of the cats will get it. The stupid cats throw the poor things up in the air and then bat them around, ultimately losing the damn things where we find the petrified remains when we move the furniture around. Stupid fucking cats.

Last week Jackpot brought in a horned lizard, which I rescued and let go way up on the hill in the backyard. The thing was only about two inches long, but it was rearing up on its hind legs, squirting blood from its eye-sockets and hissing up a storm. Feisty little things, the cats weren't at all sure what to make of it. I figured any little critter that would face down the cats deserved to be rescued. The skinks on the other hand I could care less about, they're as stupid as a box of rocks and I have little if any sympathy for them getting caught by the cats. Horned lizards on the other hand are pretty cool as is the baby chuckwalla I rescued a few weeks ago. I'd love to see the cats reaction to a full grown chuckwalla, those things get plenty big and while they are pretty much harmless, I'm quite sure that the cats would have no clue what to do with a full grown chuckwalla. (I think they get to be about a foot long, not counting the tail.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My cats cleared the little field behind the house out from mice long ago, but both of the boys, Billy and Jack(both about 17 years old) are now retired, essentially. Jack because he is a butterball, and Billy because he was in a fight about 5-6 months ago that tore him up pretty good. Had to be one of the younger toms in the neighborhood, as up until that he was still doing his daily rounds of the yard. I don't trust either of the girls (Ginger and Samantha, both about 3) too be outside by themselves.

I'm going to Logan, UT to take my social studies Praxis on Tue. Would do it here, but ISU hasn't reopened the testing center yet, and I have to get the test done before i certify. That has to be done by July 1, otherwise I have to take another test.  Its about an hour and a half away on the way to Salt Lake, not big deal.  . . . .