DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

3 hours ago, Control said:

We bought a puppy from the same breeder. He was born last month. Ready for pickup end of June. Something to look forward to this year, finally.

Just got the email that our puppy died on Monday. Sudden puppy death syndrome. Has never happened before for this breeder.

Fuck 2020.

This happened to me a few years ago. I was fucking tore up about it, because I was getting the puppy to fill the hole in my heart that my 15 year old shih-tzu left when she died about a year before that.

After the new puppy died, I ended up buying her sister. That made me feel good. Maybe look into that if the option is there?

8 hours ago, Casey said:

This happened to me a few years ago. I was fucking tore up about it, because I was getting the puppy to fill the hole in my heart that my 15 year old shih-tzu left when she died about a year before that.

After the new puppy died, I ended up buying her sister. That made me feel good. Maybe look into that if the option is there?

Thanks. Very similar story here. The rest of the litter is spoken for, unfortunately. There should be a new litter (different mother, obviously) born in a couple of weeks, so the end result is probably just a delay of a month or so. However, everything happening while on lockdown is making it harder. We’re currently in the process of cancelling all of our reservations for our 10-year anniversary trip, which would have had us in France and Spain for three weeks. 

• Sad 7

Yeah.  COVID-19 is putting a damper on the usual celebrations in my family as well.  We're going to make my mom dinner this Sunday for Mother's Day, but my dad's mental wellness / assisted living facility is on lockdown until the infection curve flattens so we don't know if we'll get to see him in June for Father's Day.

• Sad 6

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 5:44 PM, jaedmc said:

I'm going to change the subject because it's important that we don't continue down this road. It wasn't a call for submissions.

My wife, within the last few days, has decided she wants a pet rat.

A FUCKING RAT, YOU GUYS. 

I'm trying to fight her on it and she's just kind of blissfully ignoring me while watching youtube videos on how to care for your pet rat. So I'm fucked here.

My question to the board is how do you poison a rat without it showing up as rat poison? I need it to look natural.

Peanut butter mixed with antifreeze will do the trick.... uh..... not that I am familiar with such thigs.

Edited by J.T.

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

Peanut butter mixed with antifreeze will do the trick.... uh..... not that I am familiar with such thigs.

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED STORY TIME.

Long time ago when I was a kid, we had neighbors. They'd use their garage as a kind of mini landfill. They'd just fill it with bags of garbage. Eventually someone would complain and they'd haul all that garbage to the dump.

Of course that caused all the rats who were living in that garbage to flee the scene for a new home.

That place was our house.

And my dad would buy a loaf of bread and some antifreeze set "traps around the house to eradicate the bastards.

One day my bedroom started to smell. We searched around and found nothing. We looked in all the cupboards and hidey holes looking for whatever rat got poisoned and manged to die in our house.

My dad eventually cut a whole out in my ceiling thinking maybe it got up in the space between that and the roof.

He peeked his had up in the darkness and staring back at him was the terrible visage of a cat. Its face was frozen in a pained contortion, as though its tail was caught in a rocking chair for all eternity. Scared the shit out of my dad.

An unfortunate victim of our war on rats.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, jaedmc said:

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED STORY TIME.

Long time ago when I was a kid, we had neighbors. They'd use their garage as a kind of mini landfill. They'd just fill it with bags of garbage. Eventually someone would complain and they'd haul all that garbage to the dump.

Of course that caused all the rats who were living in that garbage to flee the scene for a new home.

That place was our house.

And my dad would buy a loaf of bread and some antifreeze set "traps around the house to eradicate the bastards.

One day my bedroom started to smell. We searched around and found nothing. We looked in all the cupboards and hidey holes looking for whatever rat got poisoned and manged to die in our house.

My dad eventually cut a whole out in my ceiling thinking maybe it got up in the space between that and the roof.

He peeked his had up in the darkness and staring back at him was the terrible visage of a cat. Its face was frozen in a pained contortion, as though its tail was caught in a rocking chair for all eternity. Scared the shit out of my dad.

An unfortunate victim of our war on rats.

HV2xx2l1bRavNY3o55h-HYmEK8g=.gif

• Like 5

On 5/3/2020 at 7:55 AM, Control said:

Weird...I’m familiar with Paghat the Ratgirl because she posted a lot of reviews of (relatively) obscure samurai movies.

Also, @jaedmc: don’t get a rat. There’s a plague across the globe and you’re gonna get the avatar of pestilence?

Somehow missed this... Yes, Jessica probably knows samurai movies the way JT knows kung-fu movies. Her knowledge base of weird fiction is simply incredible, I'm supposed to be the guy that knows the genre as well as anyone and Jessica is the person that I consult when I don't know something. I'll have to check and see if she's still uploading essays to her site violetbooks.com if so, I'd suggest reading, no matter what the topic!

• Like 1

Oh before I forget.   

This is my new rule as an Admin of this here message board. 

If you post the #Plandemic video, I will ban you and your IP.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh before I forget.   

Can we randomly insult it without naming it as to not give it a plug somehow?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Putting aside how dangerous that shit is, I'm really disappointed by how bland and lazy the conspiracy thought surrounding this virus has been. The crackpots aren't bringing their A-game.

Not enough Time cubes and lizard people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I had heard nothing about it until mentioned just now here. Just reading an article about it and the person behind it was enough to make me search no more.

Same here. At least I know now why my boss today was talking about Bill Gates killing Indian children with polio vaccination.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, OctopusCinema said:

Back in my day conspiracy videos were about dead celebrities still being alive and secret societies running the world. It was a more wholesome time.

Anything that was an episode of In Search Of ...

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 2:22 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh before I forget.   

I was blissfully unaware of its existence until you mentioned it.

Thank you for ruining my Sunday.

Thank God that Avenging Eagle comes on El Rey in like ten minutes.  I will recover with the awesomeness of Eagle Claw Kung Fu and then I'll bounce over to my Mom's house for dinner.

Happy Mother's Day to the DVDVR moms out there.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 1:22 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh before I forget.   

We were having a perfectly nice Sunday afternoon teaching Arya and Spike to play "fetch" and you just couldn't restrain yourself from posting something sick and twisted could you?  I am so going to mail you a copy of Bleak Warrior... Or better than that... JT and I can just ring you up at  odd hours and read passages from the book over the phone. ?

To continue with our nice afternoon, Spring has sprung in New Mexico! We began the day by seeing two hummingbirds making use of our three humming bird feeders. Spike Sandor and Arya sat on top of the dryer making those cute machine-gun noises that cats make when they know in their heart of hearts that they ain't getting the bird, not no way, no how.  Going outside with my coffee (and why not,  it's 78 degrees and it's not even 10AM yet), and I spot the corpses... Three of them to be exact, Sansa has been busy and the skink population has been depleted. I know it was her as she,  Seven, and Jackpot were the only ones out and Jackpot has never been much of a hunter. Seven was hell on wheels at one time, but these days he gives no fucks, thank you very much!  Oh well. as long as she leaves the horned  lizards  alone I'm good.

Spotted something large with too many legs walking along the concrete bulkhead... Yeah,1st tarantula of the season...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Edited by OSJ

Turantulon 3000 Vs Birdemic 69 Vs. Plandemic 4D, coming soon to SyFy, written, directed, produced and effects done by @OSJ. Editing done by the cats. Mostly shots of birds for some reason.

Edited by Ryan
  • Haha 2