DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

My grandfather tested positive last night. 81 years old with over a half dozen heart attacks under his belt. They sent him home to wait it out - tough old fucker's already had it for about a week apparently. Talked to him on Monday and his update was simply "Ahh, just got a touch of something, kid." If you're religious say your prayers, if you're not, send your vibes. Thanks all.

• Like 7

Hoping he makes it and mangles it with his bare hands somehow and makes a crude table out of its remains. "This wasn't even as bad as that time I had to remove my own kidney with a spoon just because I wanted to see what it looked like."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm noticing lots and lots of people starting to ignore the "shelter in place" orders.

In Washington, just talking to people on my shopping trips, there seems to be growing resentment at our governor for extending the quarantine and cancelling school the rest of the year.

My one cousin is just finishing up her two week quarantine after testing positive, she really couldn't afford to miss two weeks of work or have groceries delivered to her home, so she's anxious to get back to work.

Edited by Southside Jim

In Michigan we have a huge group who are marching on Lansing because they feel like their freedoms are being infringed. They plan to shut down traffic too. Of course when another group did this it was called uncivilized... until it affects a large portion of the population personally they won't ever get it. 

• Sad 1

One of my uncles on my dad's side has apparently been given only two days to live due to a bad heart. I wasn't particular close to him, but I am disappointed for my father. With the current pandemic he won't be able to see him or go to the eventual funeral as we live in Houston while most of his family including my aforementioned uncle lives in Louisiana. My father tends to take these things well enough on the surface, but I always worry how he is doing on the inside when family passes.

• Sad 1

I know I don't really know a lot of you folks, despite some of us posting here for well over a decade together. We know our wrestling hangups, and our pop culture references of choice, and we share the same dumb jokes long long looooong after they cease to be funny. But we don't necessarily capital K Know each other.

But I do think about you goofballs. Even the one's that get on my nerves. The ones who have different beliefs. Even the one's I've banned. And I know each one is a human being who is trying with every post, sometimes poorly,  to reach out to at least some one and see if they can be seen.

So I just wanted to say I hope everyone is as okay as one can be in these circumstances. For the people struggling I hope you know someone, even though you don't know them, is hoping you come out okay.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

The death toll numbers are terrible and when you can put a name, a face, a person to it that, you know... you can't be in contact with that person either. Horrible thing, this virus is.

Edited by The Natural

12 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

In Michigan we have a huge group who are marching on Lansing because they feel like their freedoms are being infringed. They plan to shut down traffic too. Of course when another group did this it was called uncivilized... until it affects a large portion of the population personally they won't ever get it. 

I read up on this and it seems like everything else that the backlash is tied to party politics.  But even Cheeto is giving a wait-and-see approach with state reps trying to curry favor with him.  As for those orders it makes sense to me but I can't see Maryland going that far even with Hogan being awesome in his handling of it.  As for the protests she seems to not be bothered by it so good for her.

14 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

In Michigan we have a huge group who are marching on Lansing because they feel like their freedoms are being infringed. 

Yeah, we're gonna probably start seeing more and more such protests, and not from political groups but from desperate people who live paycheck to paycheck and need their restaurants/theaters/stores/wherever they work re-opened.

Edited by Southside Jim

So... the dude with our company who tested positive faked the whole thing to.... I dunno.  

Saw an article about that on a news site, but didn't think I'd actually encounter it.  Shame he got fired by phone.  Face to face would have been more satisfying.  

I'm beginning to hate my job.  Our company will probably have all the business it can handle for the foreseeable future and I can work from home with no sweat (and am actually swamped with work), but..... every morning I get up and read various emails about how the economy is burning and it seems hopeless.  Then I turn on CNN and more bad news makes it seem more hopeless.  

In the evening, I busy myself missing sports, culture, my normal routine, people, etc.

I may just stay in the clothes I slept in and watch Xena: Warrior Princess all day (there's a marathon going on on the SyFy channel).

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

You wanna talk bleak? You wanna talk dark hour of the soul? Okay...

I just saw a man wearing boxer briefs as a face mask in Target. I thought I was losing my grip, but when I walked by him I could see the familiar Hanes logo waistband. I’m done for the day. Not recovering from this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I just saw a man wearing boxer briefs as a face mask in Target. I thought I was losing my grip, but when I walked by him I could see the familiar Hanes logo waistband. I’m done for the day. Not recovering from this. 

It could have been worse.  He could have been using tidy whities.  Or a thong.

26 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Hey man, we're just all trying to get by...

5 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I should add, we’re talking completely covering his head, using a leg hole for the eyes, like he’s auditioning for a Sho Kusugi movie. 

That's probably not even the worst mask to be used during all this, TBH.