DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

6 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Joe Wick's PE lessons on youtube can go and fuck themselves.

I agree, but for the opposite reason. Too easy. Great warm up, but where's the actual workout portion?

I'll have to admit that I read that as "John Wick", and was thinking that surely Keanu has better things to do with his time...

Our stay at home order is pointless because it's no different than what we were already doing. Nearly everything non-essential has been closed. Although on coastal states though, I imagine it means more to keep people off of beaches and shit like that.

• Like 4

We needed it here because things like Farmers Markets were still fucking running

(Not to mention large groups gathering because apparently I KNOW EVERYONE HERE SO CLEARLY NONE OF THEM HAVE RONA!!!)

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And VA just got its "stay at home" order

EDIT - and it is until June 10!

So is this when Lynchburg secedes from the Union (again)? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nearly-a-dozen-liberty-university-students-sick-with-coronavirus-symptoms-after-falwell-reopened-campus

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Our stay at home order is pointless because it's no different than what we were already doing. Nearly everything non-essential has been closed. Although on coastal states though, I imagine it means more to keep people off of beaches and shit like that.

Yeah, it's not affecting the stores that are already open.  But try telling that to everybody going to every still-open store and stocking up like the apocalypse is upon us.  I haven't heard of idiots going to Ocean City before the announcement though I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It's going to be interesting after this is over to see if we get many of our civil liberties back.

I can't imagine doing this till June 10th.  As poorly as I'm doing, I can't imagine doing this til the end of May (which is what our state is currently looking at).  I don't even suffer from anxiety or mental health issues and this is really tough.

Well remember MD just had the dude get arrested because he was hosting a party for 60 people. (Scumbag shouldn't have been out of jail in the first place but that is a different story)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yeah, it's not affecting the stores that are already open.  But try telling that to everybody going to every still-open store and stocking up like the apocalypse is upon us.  I haven't heard of idiots going to Ocean City before the announcement though I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

I know it's different everywhere, but it's starting to normalize here. Clorox wipes are still out of stock, but hand soap, tp, meat, and canned stuff are more in stock than what they were a week or two ago. Canned stuff and pasta look like the biggest sellers because at least that stuff lasts awhile and it makes multiple meals for cheap.

I just want the freaking bleach wipes to be in stock because I use those for wiping down my phone, keyboard, mouse, countertops when working with raw meat, and toilets.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well remember MD just had the dude get arrested because he was hosting a party for 60 people. (Scumbag shouldn't have been out of jail in the first place but that is a different story)

Fucking idiot. Need to catch the start of the conference to see if Hogan ripped him a new one. 

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I know it's different everywhere, but it's starting to normalize here. Clorox wipes are still out of stock, but hand soap, tp, meat, and canned stuff are more in stock than what they were a week or two ago. Canned stuff and pasta look like the biggest sellers because at least that stuff lasts awhile and it makes multiple meals for cheap.

I just want the freaking bleach wipes to be in stock because I use those for wiping down my phone, keyboard, mouse, countertops when working with raw meat, and toilets.

I can't wait for things to normalize here. Maybe if there's no new executive orders for a week or so that may help. But luckily the stuff we get mostly isn't stuff that keeps running out. 

My work got cut down to 4 days a week, under the idea that we'd be getting fewer calls, which isn't the case. I've finally committed to the athleisure wear while working and am wondering if this has ruined me for pants.

• Haha 1

I have forced myself to get in the habit of getting dressed everyday as if I was going to the office.

Well except for shoes. I know some people are like "PUT YOUR SHOES ON!!! THEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE WORKING!!!"

Fuck that - I hate wearing shoes in the apartment.

• Like 3

Well, work at home solution has been like watching a monkey try to fuck a football.  They essentially sent us home with instruction to configure our office phones at our houses that had "how to self destruct" because the phones have to be configured in the office and the first page of the instructions is about how to reboot the phones more or less negating the previously done work.  I'm now on phone #3 and still can't connect, somehow they can't have do emails or chat.... yet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Its normalizing here as well though paper towels and toilet paper are still out more often than not.

I haven’t even had the patience to get into it on here, but we went into contracts to sell our old house the week before the shit hit the fan. The buyer has used our insecurity about having a house on the market to grease us into all kinds of concessions and repairs so they won’t walk away. We’ve finally had to draw the line at asking us to pay all of their closing costs. We’re calling their bluff, and if they walk away, we did everything we could.  It’s been exhausting. 

• Sad 1

I've been working at home for years and unless I'm on a conference call where video is mandatory, I'm almost always in pajama bottoms or shorts and a tshirt. I'll take a shower either in the middle of the day or when I'm done. I pretty much just wake up, log onto the VPN, make breakfast, and then sit back down to work.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Gov. Northam seemed annoyed by how many people were at the beaches over the weekend, but really, that's on him for just suggesting people stay at home instead of making it a formal order.

To be honest, I prefer saying June 10 to the piecemeal method of "it's just going to be two weeks", then once the end of two weeks comes up, "it's going to be another two weeks". It just raises false hopes that this may end sooner than it probably should. Plus, the executive order can be rescinded if this clears up sooner.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have forced myself to get in the habit of getting dressed everyday as if I was going to the office.

This is what I've been doing.  In the past when working from home - which I've done hundreds of times, including 8 straight weeks in 2018 - I've worn whatever the heck I want.  Now, though, I'm wearing work clothes.  It sends a subtle reminder to the 3 other people living with me that I'm working not just farting around.  And my work actually had to send a message to people reminding them to not look like hobos when doing video conferencing.  Not surprising.  My first department meeting we held over Zoom (65-70 attendees), it took over 15 minutes before we finally got everybody's microphones muted.  We had people - on video, mind you - up walking around while talking on cell phones, people talking to their spouses, you name it.  Unbelievable.  Did I mention we're a tech company?