DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Cuomo creating one of the biggest human rights crises in the world this very instant on Rikers Island while becoming a national hero by being snippy to Trump and cracking jokes with his brother on tv is the epitome of our bleak political reality.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

So, if it'd be a fake vaccine that'd be lying to people, you're...not exactly saying they wouldn't.

I wouldn't put anything past the current US administration in terms of getting re-elected. And your President already has touted a fake cure once already, saying that Malaria drug was going to work against Covid (thus causing a national shortage for people who actually need it, and a couple died from eating fish pills because they saw this drug on the ingredients).

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

I hate to get political, but with the way that he's not handling the crises and being shown up by Andrew Cuomo every step of the way, Joe Biden could soil himself on tv, eat a baby and would still overwhelmingly squash the orange shit-gibbon in November.

Biden is so unfit to be seen that he literally disappeared from the public eye for almost a week during the biggest public health crisis in a generation. When the election ramps up, Fox News and the propaganda machine is going to hammer him so hard that everyone'll realize it's borderline elder abuse to keep trotting him out. At this point, I honestly think they're waiting out Bernie and then they're gonna draft either Cuomo or Newsom to be nominee. Not that they're great either, but they can at least express complete, coherent thoughts.

As for his actual handling of the crises, he's already punted responsibility to the Chinese government and Democrat governors. With the limp pushback he's getting from a comatose opposition, who cares about reality? 

Trump's a monster and he's going to cause a great deal of needless suffering. This is a winnable election. But losing winnable elections is what the Democrats do better than anyone. 

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Cuomo creating one of the biggest human rights crises in the world this very instant on Rikers Island while becoming a national hero by being snippy to Trump and cracking jokes with his brother on tv is the epitome of our bleak political reality.  

The bar is really that low, isn't it?

• Like 1

I just know that we'll get this shut down for being political, but Biden's been on national television four times in the last week that I can think of. Not that he said anything really memorable, but he has hardly been hiding. I'd be all for the Dems drafting Cuomo and punting Uncle Joe to the side. I'm tired of having people nearly two decades older than me in our highest office. I'm 62 and as far as I'm concerned, 65-70 should be the upper end for POTUS. It's a far more demanding job than what I do and I usually take a nap in the afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I just know that we'll get this shut down for being political, but Biden's been on national television four times in the last week that I can think of. Not that he said anything really memorable, but he has hardly been hiding. 

Right. That's after the last primaries they ran, where he wasn't seen for the next five days. IIRC, his campaign eventually responded to questions about his disappearance by saying they were setting up infrastructure to film from his house and the low ceilings made it difficult to light. That's so silly on its face it could be the basis for an episode of Veep.

Getting off politics though, I'm just reading some of what's been written about Rikers in the last day or so and it's absolutely horrifying. Fuck.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Biden is so unfit to be seen that he literally disappeared from the public eye for almost a week during the biggest public health crisis in a generation. When the election ramps up, Fox News and the propaganda machine is going to hammer him so hard that everyone'll realize it's borderline elder abuse to keep trotting him out. At this point, I honestly think they're waiting out Bernie and then they're gonna draft either Cuomo or Newsom to be nominee. Not that they're great either, but they can at least express complete, coherent thoughts.

As for his actual handling of the crises, he's already punted responsibility to the Chinese government and Democrat governors. With the limp pushback he's getting from a comatose opposition, who cares about reality? 

Trump's a monster and he's going to cause a great deal of needless suffering. This is a winnable election. But losing winnable elections is what the Democrats do better than anyone. 

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This take might cause third degree burns but the Dem establishment rallying behind the establishment candidate in senile Joe Biden has only proven to me that the presidents seat is nothing but a puppet position. Permanent Washington and it's bureaucracy run the show. Trump riggled through and shocked the world. His presidency has been nullified and has been reduced to dopamine hits to his supporters provided by his tweets. His populist platform, curated, nurtured and cooked by Buchananism was nothing but a sham. Trump is useless. And Hilary, to her faults, would have absolutely been more effective at handling this pandemic than the GOP. 

Anyway there should really be a politics thread on here. I have seen political takes bleed through on various sections of the board. I understand the divisive nature of party politics may create hostility, and I respect the admins decisions. But it's going to keep happening. It's here. It's not going to go away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I know is it's been a few short weeks and I feel like my anxiety (which is usually under control) is going haywire. Everything I liked to do has been pretty much wiped away except work... and on that front I am lucky to be essential but on the other side of that coin every time I step outside of the house I feel like I'm going to catch this shit and I'm worried about my family. Pretty soon I'm going to look like Charles McGill going to get the morning paper. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

This take might cause third degree burns but the Dem establishment rallying behind the establishment candidate in senile Joe Biden has only proven to me that the presidents seat is nothing but a puppet position. Permanent Washington and it's bureaucracy run the show. Trump riggled through and shocked the world. His presidency has been nullified and has been reduced to dopamine hits to his supporters provided by his tweets. His populist platform, curated, nurtured and cooked by Buchananism was nothing but a sham. Trump is useless. And Hilary, to her faults, would have absolutely been more effective at handling this pandemic than the GOP. 

Anyway there should really be a politics thread on here. I have seen political takes bleed through on various sections of the board. I understand the divisive nature of party politics may create hostility, and I respect the admins decisions. But it's going to keep happening. It's here. It's not going to go away. 

We've had it in the past. It does not end well, even with restricting who can post here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joe Wick's PE lessons on youtube can go and fuck themselves. Tried keeping up with my 7 year old daughter.

I'll let you know if I regain feeling in my thighs. Right now they feel as if I've rubbed deep heat on them then let Negan go ten rounds on them with Lucille.

• Haha 6

Seeing all the local and national news anchors broadcasting from their homes, looking rough with non-professional lighting and non-studio makeup, reminds me of those scenes in the first Batman movie where the news reporters all look like shit because they can't use makeup due to the Joker poisoning it all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Seeing all the local and national news anchors broadcasting from their homes, looking rough with non-professional lighting and non-studio makeup, reminds me of those scenes in the first Batman movie where the news reporters all look like shit because they can't use makeup due to the Joker poisoning it all.

• Haha 5

Quick note:

Saying "I don't mean to get political, but...." is just like people saying "I don't mean to offend you but...."

Please stop doing both.

My patience is at zero right now especially with Wednesday looming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

We've had it in the past. It does not end well, even with restricting who can post here.

Free Jersey Kidd!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Quick note:

Saying "I don't mean to get political, but...." is just like people saying "I don't mean to offend you but...."

Please stop doing both.

My patience is at zero right now especially with Wednesday looming

What happens Weds? Oh, never mind... 4/1... Is that even a thing anymore?

18 minutes ago, OSJ said:

What happens Weds? Oh, never mind... 4/1... Is that even a thing anymore?

I don't recall anybody trying that shit here for awhile.  Not to say that it can't/won't happen but I would like to think even the more "contentious" people know better.

And Maryland has just gone into "Stay-at-Home" orders as of 8pm.  So for me it's business as usual since I've been WFH and I'm not as antsy as I was the first week.  But my wife works in Baltimore and it's going to be interesting to see how things work out for her.  Saturdays have normally been where we would go out but with all this we're starting to really like just staying home as she plays Animal Crossing and I read a book or some rasslin'.

• Like 1