DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

9 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

From something I just got sent, apparently a quick way to test if it's COVID or not: Take a deep breath and hold it for ten seconds. If you can do it without any problems, you should be fine. 

Nope

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

From something I just got sent, apparently a quick way to test if it's COVID or not: Take a deep breath and hold it for ten seconds. If you can do it without any problems, you should be fine. 

Also, if you can hold your breath for two minutes while pulling your dick, COVID is the least of your worries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Went for a run in the woods this morning (a large wooded area is basically 100 ft. from my front door), unexpectedly saw a guy.... and he ran from me in terror.  Seriously.  Closest I ever came to him was 20-30 ft. away.

I mean, if this is the new normal, what the h*ll's the point? Our college town apparently has an awful lot of newly-minted doomsday preppers who think everything will be fine if they never go outside and watch Netflix for a few weeks.  Sure, that could work, but you can't have a community without an economy or people.  Most of us don't want to live alone and never talk to friends and neighbors in person.  Long-term isolation is harder for most of us than you'd think.

I think I am about to kick social distancing up a notch.  Wife is likely going to move into a vacant townhouse we own on the other side of town.  Not for health reasons.  We're just sick of each other already.  Wonder what the divorce rate will be after this is over (if we can wait that long).

On 3/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, The Natural said:

Someone I don't know on Facebook thought it would be fun to share my profile picture/post I made the fucking day after my Mum passed away. Of all the things to do. Found that out today. Off the scale livid and upset what this fucker has done.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, OSJ said:

1. Ignore it, the world is full of assholes and you don't need to respond.

2. Send a carefully-worded complaint to Facebook and they will likely turf the motherfucker. 

3. Let us all know his name and account and I guarantee you he will pray for death before I get done with him and I'm a NICE guy compared to some of the people I would give his info to.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, RolandTHTG said:

I'm sure between everyone's.....particular set of....well, not quite skills, but yeah, you get where I'm going with this. 

Let me know if I can help.

Fucker made me very angry/upset.

Cheers, @OSJ and @RolandTHTG, appreciate that.

Likewise: @J.T., @NikoBaltimore, @Niners Fan in CT, @SorceressKnight and @Ryan.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

the president is a complete and total fucking idiot and continuously leads the country and ultimately the world down the wrong path. Sorry for the political talk, but fuck him, fuck that entire administration, and bless Fauci and others trying to do what they can for as long as they can until they're fired.

I just wanted to quote this because your post was the last one of the page and I wanted to bump it to the next page, because it's a very important thing for everyone to keep in mind.  Fuck this clusterfuck of an administration, headed by a disgusting grifter/conman/salesman who gutted the agencies that could have helped, ignored all warnings, then claimed "nobody could have seen this coming."  If there's justice in this world he'll be prosecuted when it's all over.

I'm seriously hoping this thing will cause a change in how we view the real people who work hard as fuck in our society as opposed to those oh so sacred "job creators."  Why do we need to bail out companies when CEOs are there to generate so much wealth?  Oh you mean businesses can't run without those people on the bottom? 

Be sure to thank a grocery store clerk today, friends.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

They’re talking about quarantining NY, CT, and NJ, or parts of them anyway. Fuck it, fine. I’m tired of being essential and traveling through the wasteland every day feeling both guilty that there’s not much for me to do and aggravated that I’m in a position to be sick or pass it around. 

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

They’re talking about quarantining NY, CT, and NJ, or parts of them anyway. Fuck it, fine. I’m tired of being essential and traveling through the wasteland every day feeling both guilty that there’s not much for me to do and aggravated that I’m in a position to be sick or pass it around. 

Cuomo called a potential quarantine "an act of war" (and he's right), so I dunno where we go if Trump plays that card.  The government isn't the only one not responding well to the crisis.  People are generally - maybe understandably - responding in the worst way possible and pushing into chaos even faster.

Human beings are inherently idiots. The dipshit in charge wants to try and ride this as a wave to victory in the Fall and couldn't care less if the entire North East dropped dead since he's not winning up there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is how pathetic it is here.

I was able to buy a package of toilet paper yesterday.

That alleviated 50% of the stress I had

You aren't joking! Walking out of Target with a 12-pack of 4x TP and a gallon of distilled water about had me in tears earlier this week.

• Sad 3

My opposite called out so I can an extra day of pay this week, assuming we stay open. 

They thought about closing post for 2 weeks starting monday but changed their minds. 

We had one this week of screening people as they came on post which resulted in at least a mile back up at 0600. By the time I came in that night, it was SOP.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He's probably going to win regardless, but it seems like he forgot over the last couple days that he needs Michigan to vote for him. 

I;m not at all convinced we have elections in November.

Marital law would probably be one of the best case scenarios.  We may not be in any shape to hold elections seven months from now.

• Sad 3

I don't think that's technically even legal by the true definition of martial law, unless you really do want it to be marital law.

44 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I don't think that's technically even legal by the true definition of martial law, unless you really do want it to be marital law.

Probably not.  I can't imagine elections being suspended or anything close to martial law being declared.  Then again, if you told me a year ago that Americans would tolerate being told to stay at home and shut down their businesses.....

24 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Probably not.  I can't imagine elections being suspended or anything close to martial law being declared.  Then again, if you told me a year ago that Americans would tolerate being told to stay at home and shut down their businesses.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Honestly, given how close a vaccine is and how some of them are being tested, I'd be more likely to assume the positive "the vaccine will be fast-tracked and it'll be released to the public in October so Trump can manufacture his own October Surprise in an attempt to lock up the election", than the negative "they'll use the excuse to cancel the election and crown Trump King."

October is too soon to create a vaccine. If they release a vaccine as soon as October, it will be a fake vaccine that will be unproven to actually protect against the Covid.

Some chunk of his base will refuse to take it thinking it will give them cancer or The Jimmy Legs or something or other and it will backfire.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He's probably going to win regardless, but it seems like he forgot over the last couple days that he needs Michigan to vote for him. 

I hate to get political, but with the way that he's not handling the crises and being shown up by Andrew Cuomo every step of the way, Joe Biden could soil himself on tv, eat a baby and would still overwhelmingly squash the orange shit-gibbon in November.

• Thanks 3

Or sexually assault a woman and not even address it at all? I am not so sure. I know until he supports meaningful healthcare reform and amnesty for literally every nonviolent marijuana offense, he won't get a MORELOCK vote.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

October is too soon to create a vaccine. If they release a vaccine as soon as October, it will be a fake vaccine that will be unproven to actually protect against the Covid.

So, if it'd be a fake vaccine that'd be lying to people, you're...not exactly saying they wouldn't.

29 minutes ago, Control said:

Literal nightmare scenario is that they release a vaccine to the public without sufficient testing and in 14 months everyone’s suffering crippling side-effects.

Yeah, they can come up with a vaccine by fall (at least one company has already started human trials, I think).   The real delay is in human testing and observation, which normally takes at least a year to watch for unexpected side effects.

• Like 1