DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Lost another former wrestling buddy. Norko Kipte, Wildside pal and recently working with Mr. Delicious himself on ACTION wrestling, died suddenly yesterday afternoon. 

I should be seeing a doctor about this blood pressure, because I don't want to be the next one. But Mom's just finished burning her bridges with her own doc which has me running around seeing what (if anything) I can do about her medication, and I don't have insurance, so I have no idea who'd even give me the time of day. 

So, be good y'all. Take care of yourselves. I'll check in tomorrow.

• Sad 1

I'm basically home bound for the next few months, because I take two immunosuppressant medicines, they warned me to restrict my travel to absolutely necessary and to avoid gatherings of twenty or more people during the age of COVID-19

Folks, there ain't much you can do in this world this day that involves less than 20 people. Grocery shopping? Nope. Library? Probably not (not that they would be open anyway).

So, I'll make the best of it.

• Like 2

My five year old's school got cancelled starting this morning.  My wife's and my employer just sent us non-essential folks home worldwide.  Gonna have to come up with a lot of stuff to distract the boy for the next few weeks.  At least he didn't catch the lice that most of his class got last week.

• Like 1

My wife just got an alert that Northwestern University got their first case. That's where she works. She's supposed to start working from home until April 27th on Monday.

So dinner just got awkward.

23 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

My immediate family has a lot of the things that makes this thing a killer

me: asthma, history of pneumonia

brother: asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure

mother: diabetes, high blood pressure, pre-existing lung conditions, over 65

so uh yeah we're holed up, good luck to the rest of y'all

Asthma, high blood pressure. check and check

I'm supposed to be picking up my mother and step-father at Newark airport tomorrow. They've been in the Bahamas since Sunday.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

23 hours ago, JLSigman said:

So, be good y'all. Take care of yourselves. I'll check in tomorrow.

Mom's deciding to self isolate - diabetes, needing a BiPap, and post polio syndrome make that the smart choice. The guy who comes in a couple times a month to help me do deep cleaning helped me get her bathroom basically spotless and left a couple things to clean her bedroom with. He also is going to give me the number of the place her daughter works as a PA, as they take people without insurance. 

So, feeling a bit better than yesterday. Will do some shopping tomorrow during local church times, when the stores are less crowded. Then it's just hunkering down, making sure the internet doesn't go out so Mom has her Kindle and NetFlix and me my FF XIV and D+. 

So was the story I read about Mexico considering closing their Northern Border to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus a joke, or a serious policy proposal?

• Haha 2

My work has a likely exposure, scarcity of tests is keeping us from knowing anything for sure yet, so that isn’t great. I purposely was self isolating at work this week because I knew there was people who had been traveling around recently so I’m not too worried about myself personally. But there are quite a few people at my work who are in the risk categories so I’m concerned for my coworkers.

My company suspended all of their meetings through June 30. This includes our annual Vegas show which is huge as you might imagine. In the meantime we're working from home at least through next week. OTOH, Cindy's firm is doing the "half staff" thing... she's stomping mad at that for obvious reasons.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:43 AM, J.T. said:

Stay safe, man.

Thanks!  We just announced a liberal work from home policy but I wonder, with The Big Orange One announcing a national emergency, if that’s won’t change to “everybody just stay home.”

Everybody stay safe, stay clean, maybe stay home and have a drink and watch some wrestling.  That’s working out for me at the moment.

Edited by Technico Support

Meanwhile, the UK still has a policy of pursuing Herd Immunity through Mass Infection. #BoristheButcher is trending on twitter, shockingly enough.

The governor of Pennsylvania ordered all schools in the state to be closed for two weeks. Thankfully my sister-in-law has stepped in to be a day camp for my kiddo (she has two school-aged kids already).

I’m also a state employee, and I’m waiting on a call for my office to be closed; the governor called for employees who either live or work in three counties surrounding mine to self-quarantine, so we think it’s only a matter of time.

Idaho State went to spring break a week early with plans to go online after. This doesn't effect me, as I am online only anyway. As of this second school is still in session here in Pocatello and in Fort Hall where I work. The Tribe announced a fairly liberal leave policy, as far as I can tell anyway. Its evolving, and the stores here(In fucking POCATELLO!) have the grocery shelves fairly bare. Our Refrigerator died on us, but I found a mini fridge for cheap anyway. I have high blood pressure, so does my brother and my mom has fibromayalga, but I'm not that worried yet. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I have very sensitive seasonal allergies. The pollen count where I live has been pretty bad.

I could really do without the horrified stares whenever I sniffle or sneeze.

51 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I have very sensitive seasonal allergies. The pollen count where I live has been pretty bad.

See the positive side: at least your allergies and possible Corona-restrictions coincide time-wise. For me, my hayfever will start when I suspect Corona to wind down.

Oh and by the way, sneezing, a running nose or whatever is not a typical Cov-19 sign (compared to a "common" flu).

Edited by Robert s

3 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I quit smoking last Sunday. I'm coughing up all the gunk. I'm a bartender. It's such a bad look. Luckily, no one has said anything, but that might have everything to do with the fact that the people I'm serving aren't taking this seriously at all. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Robert s said:

Oh and by the way, sneezing, a running nose or whatever is not a typical Cov-19 sign (compared to a "common" flu).

See, I know that, and you know that. The people who glared at me at the grocery store today whenever I sneezed? I don't think they know that.

This sounds callous, but the reaction of some means they almost deserve to get it. Almost. The partisan divide applies to even this in this damn country. So damn stupid.

The thing with partisan divides and social media echo chambers is, if one side starts downplaying the seriousness of something like this, you get a situation where a big chunk of the population isn't taking it seriously.

Which is why with Fox News and the government starting to treat it at least semi-seriously, maybe that will change and it'll filter around, but there are a lot of people who "don't like to be told what to do". They're not telling you what to do, by all means, go get yourself infected, but stop acting immortal or like this isn't killing people and a big deal.

• Like 1