DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:42 PM, gatling said:

Depression sucks.  I dealt with it for a lot of last year after my grandma passed away.  If painting can help pull you out of it, get going man!  In case you're struggling for inspiration, may I offer a suggestion for your first work?

3fa9846b5a7b2f04f0ce8323499eb4dd_zpseqs3

The timeless art of seduction

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going through a rough/down spell myself. I even said so on Facebook today which is really out of character for me. I like to keep it away from there but I'm more open with it here as I know we've a great community. I'm thankful for that. I try and think of the good times with Mum as those outweigh the bad by far but cleaning around the house, I came across unwelcome reminders when Mum was gravely ill. It's just not fair. Mental health issues, depression and grief. Your thoughts and feelings in mind. Care is crucial xxx

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 8

Sorry to hear that, Natural. It is a great community, and you’re among the best of us on here. I hope things look up for you, and my thoughts are with you, Eddie, Brian,  and everyone else going through it right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Going through a rough/down spell myself. I even said so on Facebook today which is really out of character for me. I like to keep it away from there but I'm more open with it here as I know we've a great community. I'm thankful for that. I try and think of the good times with Mum as those outweigh the bad by far but cleaning around the house, I came across unwelcome reminders when Mum was gravely ill. It's just not fair. Mental health issues, depression and grief. Your thoughts and feelings in mind. Care is crucial xxx

Buddy, I wish had words that could pull you out of this.  Sending good vibes your way, I hope this passes quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

hang in there, buddy.  You have friends here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hang in there my friend, you can PM me 24/7 if you feel the need to chat. I keep odd hours and am always available for friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I start my new job Tuesday. I got a helping hand from a former co-worker that reached out and needed to fill a position quickly. It's not much less than what I was making at my last job. Thank you to my DVDVR family for always having encouraging words and being understanding of what kind of hell depression and anxiety can cause.

"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."- Layne Staley

• Like 16

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I start my new job Tuesday. I got a helping hand from a former co-worker that reached out and needed to fill a position quickly. It's not much less than what I was making at my last job. Thank you to my DVDVR family for always having encouraging words and being understanding of what kind of hell depression and anxiety can cause.

"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."- Layne Staley

Great news, little brother! Hope it works out into a career rather than just a job. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Super Ape said:

I’m not looking forward to having to start a new hobby from scratch once WWE takes over all of wrestling and I can’t watch it anymore.

That isn't going to happen and you are being overly paranoid.

36 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Decided to never drink soda again.

Seltzer water is your friend. Can't recall the last time I had an actual soda.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Super Ape said:

I’m not looking forward to having to start a new hobby from scratch once WWE takes over all of wrestling and I can’t watch it anymore.

There is always copious footage of Saitama Pro Wrestling to enjoy and study. Consider if you will the high-end offense of Bauxite Medium as opposed to the old-school limb work of the Lantern Ghost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Decided to never drink soda again.

I only drink soda as a treat sometimes if I go out to dinner. Otherwise, it's all seltzer and Arnold Palmer's with unsweetened iced tea for me. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Super Ape said:

I quit cold turkey about 15 years ago after Wildside shut down. Sometimes you just gotta walk away.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I quit cold turkey about 15 years ago after Wildside shut down. Sometimes you just gotta walk away.

Battle of the Billionaires made me swear to never give WWE a dime again, and I haven’t to this day. But I shoulda just thrown the baby out with the bath water too.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, The Natural said:

When I posted the above, I withheld I’m a self-harmer and have suicidal thoughts. I went back and forth whether to say . I’ve mentioned that briefly in the past. I didn’t want to put upon you when you’ve got your own things going on, trigger anybody and you thinking less of me. I trust and hope this remains here.

I want to send thanks to those reacting to my post about my mental health and the posts of support. Those are most appreciated. Thanks to @(BP), @Nice Guy Eddie, @gatling, @Technico Support, @OSJ, @OctopusCinema, @Execproducer, @Eivion, @Matt D and @AxB. Apologies if I missed anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I was just thinking you hadn't posted in a couple of days. You're in Bradford, right? Tidal Wrestling are running a show (technically a couple of shows, it's a double header) in Leeds in April I'm planning on going to, if you want to come with. Warhorse is booked.

• Like 3