DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, Technico Support said:

I've been called for jury duty many times.  I only actually made it into the courtroom twice and wasn't chosen either time.

A  more cynical man than I once said, "the problem with our judicial system is that we're being judged by 12 people too dumb to get off jury duty."

There was an episode of Law and Order with the same remark. She was talking about how clever she was, to have outsmarted so many people and she said something like "I'm sure I can outsmart twelve people who can't even get out of doing jury duty."

• Like 2

I have a go fund me set up to try and help my mom pay for the arrangements. Nobody feel pressured, but if you do have a couple bucks you can spare, I'd deeply appreciate it 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/k5658y-dave039s-funeral-costs?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:30 AM, Brian Fowler said:

My stepdad died late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

Sorry to hear about it.  Hang in there, friend.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:55 AM, Robert C said:

The flu is welcome to go out and fuck itself right about now.  

Same here!  Everybody in the house has it.  On the plus side, I can work from home, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2/16/2020 at 3:30 AM, Brian Fowler said:

My stepdad died late Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

@Brian Fowler I am sorry for your loss, Brian.  I am especially sad for you since I consider you to be family I've never met.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

Depression has been kicking my ass lately. I've been unemployed for nearly four months, save for two funerals I worked because the firm was short-handed. I'm still collecting unemployment, but I'm getting worried about it running out and still being unemployed. Everything I've tried has come up empty so far. I've had some bad thoughts creeping into my head. I have an interview tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow, so hopefully he has some words of wisdom for me.

On the bright side, I want to get back into painting, and there's an art school in my town. I was really into art and won an award for it when I was younger. My confidence was destroyed by a shitty teacher I had in high school who would shit all over my work. I've been watching the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross a lot lately. I watched that as a kid, so it's inspiring me to get back into painting.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Depression has been kicking my ass lately. I've been unemployed for nearly four months, save for two funerals I worked because the firm was short-handed. I'm still collecting unemployment, but I'm getting worried about it running out and still being unemployed. Everything I've tried has come up empty so far. I've had some bad thoughts creeping into my head. I have an interview tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow, so hopefully he has some words of wisdom for me.

On the bright side, I want to get back into painting, and there's an art school in my town. I was really into art and won an award for it when I was younger. My confidence was destroyed by a shitty teacher I had in high school who would shit all over my work. I've been watching the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross a lot lately. I watched that as a kid, so it's inspiring me to get back into painting.

Depression sucks, speaking from someone who has it. Hope the fog lifts ASAP. I used to watch Bob Ross on The Joy of Painting when I was younger with my Mum. I sometimes watch them still on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss, @Brian Fowler. A loss like that is so heartbreaking. I’ll have you and your family in my prayers. 

Depression is an asskicker. Thankfully you’re a badass, @Nice Guy Eddie. Take the time you need to return to a less dark place, and as @The Natural said, hopefully that fog lifts. You’re a good dude and I’ll be pulling for ya. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Catching up on this but like others have said sorry for your loss @Brian Fowler

And @Nice Guy Eddie unemployment sucks.  With me it took about 5 or so months before I landed a job and it was just soul crushing the longer things went.  I remember applying to every damn place I could and treated it like a job in itself.  But the longer I kept going with no results the less I tried and went into a pretty bad depression.  I think at some point in that I just said "Fuck this shit" and kept going because I realized that feeling sorry myself wasn't going to pay the bills.  Thankfully I found something that got me in the door and have been working here since.  So while we have different experiences all I can say is even if the interview doesn't pan out (which I hope it does) then just keep at it.  Eventually the proverbial fog will lift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If depression is starting to get the better of you, then painting could be the outlet that literally saves your life, man.

Get back into that shit!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hang in there Nice Guy.  SAY THE GODDAMN WORDS!  YOU'RE GONNA BE OKAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I always think of you when some IRL Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction shit comes up.  We have a DBA at work with a name very similar to Toby Chu and I laugh my ass off every time someone mentions him.  "Toby...Toby....Toby Chu....fuckin Charlie Chan."

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Hang in there Nice Guy.  SAY THE GODDAMN WORDS!  YOU'RE GONNA BE OKAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I always think of you when some IRL Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction shit comes up.  We have a DBA at work with a name very similar to Toby Chu and I laugh my ass off every time someone mentions him.  "Toby...Toby....Toby Chu....fuckin Charlie Chan."

I'm gonna be ok, Larry.

:::bleeds like a stuck pig in the back of a 1966 Cadillac:::

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Depression sucks.  I dealt with it for a lot of last year after my grandma passed away.  If painting can help pull you out of it, get going man!  In case you're struggling for inspiration, may I offer a suggestion for your first work?

3fa9846b5a7b2f04f0ce8323499eb4dd_zpseqs3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm gonna be ok, Larry.

:::bleeds like a stuck pig in the back of a 1966 Cadillac:::

Get back with the painting, my brother! Remember, there is no right or wrong in art, there is just your vision and the realization of it and anyone who says different can just fuck right off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Eddie, have you put out your resume? I can't imagine that there isn't a need for experienced people in a business that most people don't want to even consider working in. Get painting and get out there and sell yourself to the Funeral biz.

I've put my resume out there both in and outside of the funeral biz. I'm trying to sell myself to whomever I can.

I appreciate the support from everybody here. It means more to me than you all know. When anyone here is going through rough times, I've got your back, even if it's a botched jewelry heist.

• Haha 1