DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Thanks all! So yesterday Austrian government announced a full lockdown starting on Tuesday (as had been expected since Friday). At least there were no bigger demonstations so far, so the idiots writing on the internet and sending in letters to newspapers seem only to be a vocal minority.

To give you an update: Apparently my cousing is showing some improvement, though my aunt does not seem to do well (though it seems no Corona, "just" depression; at least my uncle - who is obviously not doing well mentally himself - did not get any information that she has tested positive so far, and more than 48 h later, you would expect getting a notification, if the test were positive).

• Like 3

Washington has announced new restrictions starting Wednesday. No indoor gatherings, lots of businesses closed, and others allowed only 25% capacity. 

We had 2200 new cases yesterday. By contrast, when we had a full lockdown announced in March, we had 225 cases. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Washington has announced new restrictions starting Wednesday. No indoor gatherings, lots of businesses closed, and others allowed only 25% capacity. 

We had 2200 new cases yesterday. By contrast, when we had a full lockdown announced in March, we had 225 cases. 

And already I've heard people saying "But but but it's THANKSGIVING"

I've spent 1 out of the past 10 Thanksgivings with my family. If I can go without seeing them on that one specific day year after year after year, everyone else can suck it up and do it for one year. 

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 10:01 PM, Tabe said:

It sucks for my mom as she'll most likely be alone on Thanksgiving. 

And, in the least surprising news ever, people have cleaned out the local stores of meat & TP. 

And bottled water around here

My cat is really sick again. I used my paltry life savings last time. I'm really worried, I was up half the night taking care of her. You know how they grow to become part of the family? I normally watch wrestling on my laptop and she lies by me because of the battery being warm. My only wrestling buddy, none of my friends have ever liked it. Hoping for the best. 

Sorry to hear that @The Natural, I never knew you dealt with that. I always, and still do, think you to be one of the more chipper posters on here. I hope you feel better and soon. 

• Sad 7

Well, New Mexico is on full lockdown again. Looks like SubWay for dinner. All best to @The Natural  and @Six String Orchestra; having eight kitties, I know how upsetting it can be when one of the little guys is sick. The good news is 90% of the time it's because they ate something they shouldn't have and they will either throw it up or poop it out in a day or so. Cats are really smart except when it comes to anything that might be edible.

• Thanks 1

*sigh* So my Dad, who turned 69 this year and has been a computer programmer since the 1970's, got RIF'd by the company he's been working with for the last 15+ years today. He got enough of a severance that we'll be OK through the end of the year (he says), but after that? Who know.

This leads to all kind of "OH FUCK THIS YEAR" stuff, because Mom and Dad haven't spoken in YEARS, and now the money's not there to keep them separate. I am sure looking forward to being the adult in the room when they finally have to hash this out.

• Sad 6

18 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

My cat is really sick again. I used my paltry life savings last time. I'm really worried, I was up half the night taking care of her. You know how they grow to become part of the family? I normally watch wrestling on my laptop and she lies by me because of the battery being warm. My only wrestling buddy, none of my friends have ever liked it. Hoping for the best. 

Sorry to hear that @The Natural, I never knew you dealt with that. I always, and still do, think you to be one of the more chipper posters on here. I hope you feel better and soon. 

Sorry to hear about your cat. I hope she gets better ASAP. As you note, pets are family. Pets offer such loyal love. You'd do anything for them.

Thank you for the kind words you said about me, @Six String Orchestra. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OSJ said:

Well, New Mexico is on full lockdown again. Looks like SubWay for dinner. All best to @The Natural  and @Six String Orchestra; having eight kitties, I know how upsetting it can be when one of the little guys is sick. The good news is 90% of the time it's because they ate something they shouldn't have and they will either throw it up or poop it out in a day or so. Cats are really smart except when it comes to anything that might be edible.

Cheers, @OSJ. Best wishes to you in New Mexico.

12 hours ago, JLSigman said:

*sigh* So my Dad, who turned 69 this year and has been a computer programmer since the 1970's, got RIF'd by the company he's been working with for the last 15+ years today. He got enough of a severance that we'll be OK through the end of the year (he says), but after that? Who know.

This leads to all kind of "OH FUCK THIS YEAR" stuff, because Mom and Dad haven't spoken in YEARS, and now the money's not there to keep them separate. I am sure looking forward to being the adult in the room when they finally have to hash this out.

Sorry to hear that, @JLSigman. We're in the same boat in regards to your first paragraph. My Dad is 60, worked 30+ years at his work to find he lost his job an hour before it went public. Bastards treating him, my late Mum, me, my Sister and others that way.

• Like 1

I may be an idiot for not canceling the trip, and who knows what California will look like or what I'll have to do to get back in when it's over, but we're taking a trip to Florida and going to Disney World new week.  

Cheap airfare + cheap hotels + withdrawl from not being able to go to Disneyland was just too much to pass up.  

Welp. I have COVID. Or at least my wife does. My rapid test came back negative despite feeling like shit yesterday and today. I'm almost totally sure I'm positive. I don't see how I couldn't be.

• Sad 5

Honestly, we're pretty ok for the most part. Feels like a cold, but I've also managed to go 2 years without having a cold. I think this is my wife's first cold in over a year too.

• Sad 2