DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

We did not see a single trick or treater this year. Usually they load up the school bus on the rez and bring all the kids into town. You have to watch out because if you've got good stuff the little rascals will go around the block and try to double or even triple dip.  

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Last day before the second national lockdown in the UK, I went to the hairdressers today. I didn't time that when the first lockdown came about.

I made the mistake of growing my hair long during the first lockdown and now my wife likes it and I can never go back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I made the mistake of growing my hair long during the first lockdown and now my wife likes it and I can never go back 

My partner has the mustache I've been asking him to grow for like 5 years.  Yeah, he's not shaving it. ? 

Meanwhile... to every American, regardless of whatever side of the aisle you're on:

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I grew my hair out during the lockdown. Unfortunately, I don't have a wife or partner. My first haircut post lockdown, the barber messed it up. Thankfully one I saw today who only started four weeks ago there did a cracking job.

I cut my own hair with the 1/2 guard, short as fuck as that shit ain’t coming back in any appreciable way in the front, every other week or so.  So the pandemic has made no difference when it comes to my sparse locks. When I go out running and wearing a bandana, my only hope is that I’m not mistaken for Nick Gage.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I cut my own hair with the 1/2 guard, short as fuck as that shit ain’t coming back in any appreciable way in the front, every other week or so.  So the pandemic has made no difference when it comes to my sparse locks. When I go out running and wearing a bandana, my only hope is that I’m not mistaken for Nick Gage.  

So as long as you wear a bandana, it's all good! And if you are concerned about mistaken identity, you can also wear another one over your nose and mouth!

That should solve the problem, lest it gets you shot by the authorities. One obviously would hope that this is a time when not everyone covering their face and running is automatically assumed a felon on the run. Still, you may want to take your chances with the Nick Cage thing, all things considered!

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

So as long as you wear a bandana, it's all good! And if you are concerned about mistaken identity, you can also wear another one over your nose and mouth!

That should solve the problem, lest it gets you shot by the authorities. One obviously would hope that this is a time when not everyone covering their face and running is automatically assumed a felon on the run. Still, you may want to take your chances with the Nick Cage thing, all things considered!

My wife usually cuts mine, she heard me say "#1 with the clippers at the stylist, but since our clippers are shite, she resorts to "#1 with the damn scissors", (I have to confess not being able to discern any appreciable difference).

9 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Wait, are we rioting yet?  Did everyone else already get their check?

There won't be any rioting. All the Trump supporters have publically stated that they believe Political Anger is not a justification for violence or destruction of property.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

He's got an ankle injury, he can't run.

I shave my head with the type of razor you'd use to shave your face. So no haircut issues for me.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, OSJ said:

My wife usually cuts mine, she heard me say "#1 with the clippers at the stylist, but since our clippers are shite, she resorts to "#1 with the damn scissors", (I have to confess not being able to discern any appreciable difference).

Coincidentally, my wife gave me a very light trim with your basic kitchen scissors the last time around, since I was not willing to risk going to a barber at a time like this. I go to have a haircut maybe once a year, just to get rid of the split ends, but I shall be using the DIY method (by the way of my wife) for the foreseeable future .

I've got a great pandemic mullet going. I went for a trim in June, but mostly just had him even it out so I could keep growing it out.

I still keep my beard trimmed though, I don't think I look good with it long.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

What's with all you hippies growing your hair and/or beards out? 

My beard wouldn't really grow out if I wanted it to, but I trim what I have about once a week. Otherwise, it's mostly a matter of convenience for me. You either keep your hair long or so short that you can use a trimmer or a blade. I've never tried to keep it DYI short, but even the idea of having to go to a barber once every 3 or so weeks (with the prices over here) seems like needless pain in the ass and waste of money to me.

Also, having a full head of hair with no grey that I've noticed, at 43, is a blessing. I think I'm keeping it long as long as the universe and genetics will allow me to. Unlike Edge ( said when he first retired), I don't mind being the 40(+)-year old with a ponytail. Hell, even he gave up and grew it back out, since he still could.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

debt collection agencies for hospitals are vultures and shouldn't be a thing in fucking America

I think that the word you're looking for is "ghouls". 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Shartnado said:

My beard wouldn't really grow out if I wanted it to, but I trim what I have about once a week. Otherwise, it's mostly a matter of convenience for me. You either keep your hair long or so short that you can use a trimmer or a blade. I've never tried to keep it DYI short, but even the idea of having to go to a barber once every 3 or so weeks (with the prices over here) seems like needless pain in the ass and waste of money to me.

Also, having a full head of hair with no grey that I've noticed, at 43, is a blessing. I think I'm keeping it long as long as the universe and genetics will allow me to. Unlike Edge ( said when he first retired), I don't mind being the 40(+)-year old with a ponytail. Hell, even he gave up and grew it back out, since he still could.

I've just started going grey in the sides this year (I'm also 43), but still have a full head of hair (though I do have a little more forehead than I did 10 years ago). I've heard before that as far as hair goes, you should go by your mother's father (which if true for me means I'll be a cueball in about 10 more years). There may be some truth to that as my grandpa had George The Animal Steele levels of body hair and so do I (thankfully it's patchy on my back and not quite all over). 

4 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I've just started going grey in the sides this year (I'm also 43), but still have a full head of hair (though I do have a little more forehead than I did 10 years ago). I've heard before that as far as hair goes, you should go by your mother's father (which if true for me means I'll be a cueball in about 10 more years). There may be some truth to that as my grandpa had George The Animal Steele levels of body hair and so do I (thankfully it's patchy on my back and not quite all over). 

I've heard this mother's father theory before and my granpa was pretty much completely bald from as early as I can remember and by the looks of some old pictures things didn't even start out all that great! Going to war may have had something to do with it, I'm not sure? So, I have been hoping that it sometimes skips a generation. My dad has a full head of hair at 71 and if I recall correctly, only started going grey well into his 50's, so I'm really hoping some of that sprinkled over here as well! The having a little more forehead than a decade ago is absolutely true over here as well, there is no denying it.

I got the gray hair and receding hairline from my dad and the curly hair from my mom.  So since 25 I've been dealing with it for the past 12 years.  The only time I dyed my hair was for my wedding and have come to accept it for what it is.  Luckily it doesn't look too bad since there's a patch hanging on in the front but once that's gone then I'll be one step closer to skullet city.  And if it goes too far back then I'm just shaving my head and being done with it.

As for my hair growing out due to its curly nature it doesn't work that way.  So if it goes too long I can pull off the clown look quite easily.  Which is just as well as I prefer short haircuts anyway.