DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Was there an event that started it? Storm? Some one started an electrical device(hairdryer, vaccuum, AC kicked on, etc) and it kicked off after that? Neighbors suffering from the same issues?

If resetting all the circuits doesn't do it, then it might be wiring(not fun, but if you're renting your landlord is on the hook for that) or a problem from the supply end. In that case you'll need to call your elec company to see if they know of any outages. They can answer that fairly quickly, if you can get a hold of them.

Hopefully it's not super serious.

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the health thread, I've been diagnosed with stress induced tachycardia and high blood pressure. I'm sure the bill I will be getting from the cardiologist will do wonders for me, since I don't have health insurance but I could no longer ignore the symptoms. Thankfully the pacemaker in my chest is working fine. Also, the beta blockers he prescribed were cheap.

Now it's the un-fun part of changing my diet, which Mom will not want to participate in (*sigh*), and figuring out the grocery bills.

• Sad 3

48 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

As I mentioned in the health thread, I've been diagnosed with stress induced tachycardia and high blood pressure. I'm sure the bill I will be getting from the cardiologist will do wonders for me, since I don't have health insurance but I could no longer ignore the symptoms. Thankfully the pacemaker in my chest is working fine. Also, the beta blockers he prescribed were cheap.

Now it's the un-fun part of changing my diet, which Mom will not want to participate in (*sigh*), and figuring out the grocery bills.

Oh, man. Best wishes, @JLSigman xxx.

• Like 1

My parents house once had the 220 go out I guess you'd call it(I'm no expert in this) while the 110 volt stuff still worked, so everything was dim, but anything requiring tons of power like oven and washer and dryer and all that was kaput, I forget what they had to fix, but there's basically nothing you can do, just whomever is in charge of power stuff. It was outside.

Re: the power, something down south went out and there were like 1200 people without power/browned out. After awhile the entire grid shut down as they were repairing, so I watched The Exterminator with the juice left on the laptop. Thankfully it only lasted from about 7-9, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in that space of time so we could open the windows, and dinner was already finished. 

I'm only 36 and I'm already on two blood pressure meds. Thankfully not on Obamacare either, considering the future. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Re: the power, something down south went out and there were like 1200 people without power/browned out. After awhile the entire grid shut down as they were repairing, so I watched The Exterminator with the juice left on the laptop. Thankfully it only lasted from about 7-9, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in that space of time so we could open the windows, and dinner was already finished. 

I'm only 36 and I'm already on two blood pressure meds. Thankfully not on Obamacare either, considering the future. 

I went from two to one blood pressure meds but my one was increased last week as my blood pressure's gone up. Not surprised by that. Combination of 2020 and antidepressants. Best wishes, @Curt McGirt.

• Like 1

I'm glad the edible I took hasn't kicked in yet. If I had to empathize even more with what I just saw I think I would have straight up just lost my damned mind. 

I will just leave with this:

We could all use a laugh right now I think.

Edited by Jiji

You are all stronger than me. I took a nap, woke up in time for Daily Show and Colbert to see a fallout, and cracked the pint of poison. Funny thing is I listened to a little music in the meantime and left the Watchtower album I was listening to paused on... wait for it...

"TYRANTS IN DISTRESS" 

EDIT: BTW, Fred Perry denounced the Proud Boys and quit selling the gold and black shirt. So a clothing manufacturer did better than the president of the United States. 

EDIT II: The song right after "Tyrants in Distress"? "Social Fears"

Edited by Curt McGirt

ELECTIONS
HAVE
CONSEQUENCES

People are going to die because this fucking asshole literally HAS to stay in office. Re-election is literally the only thing that will keep him out of jail. If you vote third-party or stay home because you're not INSPIRED by Biden, you're a spoiled GD child and you get the politicians you deserve.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

slowclap.gif

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

ELECTIONS
HAVE
CONSEQUENCES

People are going to die because this fucking asshole literally HAS to stay in office. Re-election is literally the only thing that will keep him out of jail. If you vote third-party or stay home because you're not INSPIRED by Biden, you're a spoiled GD child and you get the politicians you deserve.

slowclap.gif

• Like 3

I didn't watch that shit.  I'm just sad that we have got to the point where these two clowns are our choices.  Seriously, we could choose any American born citizen who is over 35, and these are the two people we decided were most deserving of the highest office in the land.  We're doomed.  If these are the two people who most people look at and think are qualified to lead a country, we can't possibly fix any of this shit.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you vote third-party or stay home because you're not INSPIRED by Biden, you're a spoiled GD child and you get the politicians you deserve.

Yes, we deserve the elderly, weak candidates they force on us because we’re bad people. That must be it. 

• Like 1