DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This isn't some serious investigation, this is some weirdo on their computer who has a theory and is using the internet to support the theory without taking into consideration any reason their theory may be false.  

It's even a step beyond that. EVERYTHING is confirmation of the theory.

• Wayfair releases half-assed statement denying it -- Of course they'd deny it! Just what a human trafficker would do!
  • Mainstream media largely ignore loons shitposting online -- Media blackout! They're hiding something!
  • Some items get taken down, either to avoid further harassment or for some other purpose -- They're scared, we're over the target!

There's literally nothing that can burst that bubble for some people. It's wild. 

If I were presented with reasonable evidence to suggest this were a real thing, I'd happily reconsider my position. I'm mostly just disturbed by how easily people, some who I used to think were reasonable, will buy into something. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

. I'm mostly just disturbed by how easily people, some who I used to think were reasonable, will buy into something. 

I'm sorry, have you BEEN to a Far Left/Right Message board?

Edit: Or fuck it, have you seen AMERICA?

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

It's even a step beyond that. EVERYTHING is confirmation of the theory.

• Wayfair releases half-assed statement denying it -- Of course they'd deny it! Just what a human trafficker would do!
  • Mainstream media largely ignore loons shitposting online -- Media blackout! They're hiding something!
  • Some items get taken down, either to avoid further harassment or for some other purpose -- They're scared, we're over the target!

There's literally nothing that can burst that bubble for some people. It's wild. 

If I were presented with reasonable evidence to suggest this were a real thing, I'd happily reconsider my position. I'm mostly just disturbed by how easily people, some who I used to think were reasonable, will buy into something. 

I 100% agree with what you are saying, but there is no way anyone buying a storage cabinet for $15,000 unless they are actually buying something else.  We don't know if they're buying humans, cocaine, or laundering money, but if you are buying single storage cabinets for that kind of money you're buying something other than the cabinet.  Otherwise, you'd actually pay $500 dollars for the same cabinet and you'd be able to buy more than one.  

Does anyone remember the Mattress Firm conspiracy theory?  It turned out that there were so many Mattress Firm's around, because they tried to buy out all their competition and just changed the signage on all the existing stores.  It turned out it was a huge mistake and they filed for bankruptcy.  But, they had stores literally everywhere.  There were places where there were multiple on the same block, and someone noticed and started formulating their theory.  It isn't crazy to ask the questions, when you notice something as nonsensical as multiple stores from the same company on the same block or people selling relatively cheap items for insanely expensive prices.  It is crazy to make up some theory and present it as fact with absolutely no proof of wrongdoing.

• Like 2

Florida, man. What the fuck? I can't wait for the documentary that comes out on the corruption in how governments around the world handled the pandemic, but particularly the Florida state government. 15,000 new cases confirmed in a single day.

• Sad 2

On 7/11/2020 at 7:24 PM, Raziel said:

I'm sorry, have you BEEN to a Far Left/Right Message board?

Edit: Or fuck it, have you seen AMERICA?

No, "I'd rather be dead." And, yes, we suck.

23 hours ago, Casey said:

Where are these far left websites and someone please give me some links. I need like minded people, Reddit is full of libs.

They're all on tankie sub reddits yelling the greatness of Stalin instead.

14 hours ago, Jiji said:

Florida, man. What the fuck? I can't wait for the documentary that comes out on the corruption in how governments around the world handled the pandemic, but particularly the Florida state government. 15,000 new cases confirmed in a single day.

This has been something I've used way, way too many times this year alone.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made the terrible, awful decision to download Nextdoor. 2 months I've learned my neighbors are all super racist. So I deleted it. In fact I should probably delete all social media and rely on this board for all my news.