DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Mountain and The Viper - 9/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is that what they billed Rusev as, 305 lbs? And he's even slimmed down.

He's double slimmed down. Pecs and Traps have got smaller. BF% is down too but it hasn't got him visible abs so not really sure what he's going for aesthetically. 

I wouldn't put him at much more than a legit 230 at this point.

Edited by ComingToAmerica

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Honestly, Seth being booked like this feels like some Bruce Pritchard bullshit. It's precisely the type of garbage that Bruce would defend until he's blue in the face. He would say that you're building a story and blah blah blah, but in reality, you're taking your top babyface and making him look like a total bitch.

This company has no idea how to book babyfaces with any kind of consistency.

And Niners is right. They're going to completely fuck up the Fiend too by probably inserting Braun into the match and the match will either end in a no decision or Braun will take the fall.

Your top babyface has been making himself look like a bitch for a long time. At least now there’s some storyline value.

On one hand, you want Rollins to show fear, because that gets over how menacing The Fiend really is. But at the same time, you don't want the Universal Champion to look like an extra from Prom Night 3.

Then again, it does tie into the notion that Rollins, for all his bluster, has always been something of a wimp. First he was part of The Shield, and that offered him protection. When he turned, he went running into the arms of The Authority. Over the past nine months, he's been endorsed by Triple H, Bret Hart and Stone Cold. Other than Ambrose going after him a couple of times, Rollins hasn't been challenged on what a garbage person he is. The Fiend reminding him of his past mistakes gives Rollins another dimension, and forces him to think about all the hurt he's caused. The Fiend messing with and ultimately breaking Rollins' spirit would be interesting.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

AoP have way better delivery and actually went beat someone's ass instead of just waiting for a fight. That is way better than whatever the fuck Black's is supposed to be doing.

I just want to see AOP and the War Viking Raiders Experience fight over the tag titles for about six months.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Swiftian said:

So they're calling him King Corbin now. Does that mean that his actual first name is Corbin and that Baron just meant he was the head of a barony?

I'd be cool with that.  And the cape/crown/scepter are a big upgrade from the one that got trashed.

The 5-way elimination match was very well done.  It got me excited for potential matchups (Ricochet/Rey, Nakamura/Rey) and it had callbacks to past moments like Nakamura/AJ and Roode/AJ due to their TNA run.  And the action in it was really fun on top of that.  As far as Raw matches this year it's likely my favorite due to all that was going on.

This wasn't a bad episode of RAW, in my opinion. I breezed through it. The five-way match was really fun. Even the Lacey/Ember match was decent. I really liked this move Lacey pulled out that started like a Rainmaker and ended with her using her knees to take Ember down by the arm. I don't know that I've seen anyone do that before (or if I have, I don't remember it) and it looked cool. I also thought Ember's "skin the cat into a stunner" on the outside was really cool. Honestly, it was probably too cool to have busted out in a nothing match on RAW but, and I really hate to say this, I don't think Ember is likely to get any big showcase matches anytime soon so she may as well throw it out there and maybe get noticed by someone in the back. 

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The 5-way elimination match was very well done.  It got me excited for potential matchups (Ricochet/Rey, Nakamura/Rey) and it had callbacks to past moments like Nakamura/AJ and Roode/AJ due to their TNA run.  

I'd throw Rey-Ricochet in as a callback as well. They had a banger of a match in Lucha Underground. And their match in WCPW is free on Youtube, so I should probably check that out eventually.

Hope they get to do that one in front of a wider audience before Rey and the company part ways again. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'd throw Rey-Ricochet in as a callback as well. They had a banger of a match in Lucha Underground. And their match in WCPW is free on Youtube, so I should probably check that out eventually.

Hope they get to do that one in front of a wider audience before Rey and the company part ways again. 

Whoops, forgot to clarify it's a potential matchup in WWE.  I haven't seen the WCPW one (yet) but definitely saw the LU one.  I do know that when meeting him at Evolve last year the idea of him and Rey in WWE excited him a great deal (his eyes lit up like at kid at Christmas)  And this was after the two aforementioned matches he already had.  So he definitely wants it and before they did anything I could tell he was feeling it.  So hopefully they do get that match in WWE before Rey leaves.

Edited by NikoBaltimore