DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Mountain and The Viper - 9/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Thought Nikki/Sasha was a fun match and enjoyed Sasha looking dominant by taking out Bliss too. 

Watching Lacey Vs Ember made me wonder when they are going to finally pull the trigger on Ember. She’s great. Nattie shitting on Lacey’s sharpshooter was awesome especially after Cole and Corey we’re giving her props for it earlier. I give them crap for usually struggling to find stuff for women outside of the title picture so it’s cool that we are getting these little side feuds again. 

As I see more of the Fiend in action, I ask myself "Why is the Fiend a better Demon King Finn Balor gimmick than the Demon King Finn Balor gimmick?" and I don't have an answer.

I feel that a Fiend gimmick vs. Demon King gimmick title match is the way to go after Bray inevitably wins the belt and I think that Finn might up his game if he got a push, but I am not sure if I really want the blow off match to conclude with Finn emerging victorious.

I think that a Fiend defeat to happen at some point because the gimmick will eventually get stale if no one can stop him.

And speaking of pushes, I'm really tired of Ember jobbing.  Tapping out to one of the worst Scorpion Deathlocks ever was very business exposing but she sold it, God bless her.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am old and do not have the time to check Twitter for the angle bridges so thanks for keeping me up on it.

I love the fact that they still acknowledge the kayfabe of the gimmick that started Braun's WWE career.

I am probably overanalyzing this, but it sounds like this is the set-up for a Braun vs. The Fiend feud once Bray (hopefully) kicks the living shit out of Seth at HIAC.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As I see more of the Fiend in action, I ask myself "Why is the Fiend a better Demon King Finn Balor gimmick than the Demon King Finn Balor gimmick?" and I don't have an answer.

I love Finn and the Demon form but unlike him The Fiend is very much different in damn near every way.  With Finn it's a matter of putting on paint and cool entrance then he snarls a bit more.  That's cool, but Fiend takes it to the next level.  For starters you have the whole dual personality thing with the Funhouse and Fiend versions.  Then there's the puppets who resemble various things.  From Abigail just wanting to die to the rabbit wanting to GTFO and being held prisoner to even the pig representing Husky Harris (my interpretation on it) there's a lot to unpack.  It has these callbacks to Bray's time in WWE so far and at the same time with The Fiend it's like he's got this mega evolution going on.

Then there's when The Fiend comes out.  He'll drop people with the claw and while Seth was looked like a goober the attacks establish that he's to be feared.  And when he does make his entrance unsettling but in a great way (how they cleared a sewn-up head on the lantern I have no idea)  I'm hopped up on caffeine so for all I know half of this might not make sense.  But there's a lot going on that I just really fucking love.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was hoping for a Braun title win to give him some heat back and Raw some unpredictability but given how silent the crowd was right before the blackout when Strowman was stalking Rollins for the win, maybe he is totally done. Was that my imagination? Or was something distracting the audience?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I love Finn and the Demon form but unlike him The Fiend is very much different in damn near every way.  With Finn it's a matter of putting on paint and cool entrance then he snarls a bit more.  That's cool, but Fiend takes it to the next level.  For starters you have the whole dual personality thing with the Funhouse and Fiend versions.  Then there's the puppets who resemble various things.  From Abigail just wanting to die to the rabbit wanting to GTFO and being held prisoner to even the pig representing Husky Harris (my interpretation on it) there's a lot to unpack.  It has these callbacks to Bray's time in WWE so far and at the same time with The Fiend it's like he's got this mega evolution going on.  Then there's when The Fiend comes out.  He'll drop people with the claw and while Seth was looked like a goober the attacks establish that he's to be feared.  And when he does make his entrance unsettling but in a great way (how they cleared a sewn-up head on the lantern I have no idea)  I'm hopped up on caffeine so for all I know half of this might not make sense.  But there's a lot going on that I just really fucking love.

I know you are hopped up on caffeine because there are no paragraph breaks, but I get what you're saying, man, and I agree with all points.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I was hoping for a Braun title win to give him some heat back and Raw some unpredictability but given how silent the crowd was right before the blackout when Strowman was stalking Rollins for the win, maybe he is totally done. Was that my imagination? Or was something distracting the audience?

If Braun wins a world title, it should've happened sooner. 2017 was Braun's peak. The fans support for Braun has diminished as he always loses the world title match. I don't think Braun will ever get one.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I know you are hopped up on caffeine because there are no paragraph breaks, but I get what you're saying, man, and I agree with all points.

FWIW I just put on paragraph break in there.  And holy bats whatever I had this morning may need to become a thing when it's time to study.  I feel like I can see sounds or something.

Oh, right, the show.  I only saw up to Sasha's entrance so far but still maintain that Seth looks like a goober.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I love Finn and the Demon form but unlike him The Fiend is very much different in damn near every way.  With Finn it's a matter of putting on paint and cool entrance then he snarls a bit more.  That's cool, but Fiend takes it to the next level.  For starters you have the whole dual personality thing with the Funhouse and Fiend versions.  Then there's the puppets who resemble various things.  From Abigail just wanting to die to the rabbit wanting to GTFO and being held prisoner to even the pig representing Husky Harris (my interpretation on it) there's a lot to unpack.  It has these callbacks to Bray's time in WWE so far and at the same time with The Fiend it's like he's got this mega evolution going on.  Then there's when The Fiend comes out.  He'll drop people with the claw and while Seth was looked like a goober the attacks establish that he's to be feared.  And when he does make his entrance unsettling but in a great way (how they cleared a sewn-up head on the lantern I have no idea)  I'm hopped up on caffeine so for all I know half of this might not make sense.  But there's a lot going on that I just really fucking love.

Great post! I agree with all you say. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Struggling to make sense of this one.

I think he's trying to say that it's something Bruce would defend (which is true) rather than it being something Bruce came up with (which isn't information we have access to). Not sure what the point was supposed to be, though. Bruce defends like 95% of WWE angles, so that could be said in reference to just about anything.