DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Mountain and The Viper - 9/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I can only assume that the words Tyrion Lannister made it to WWE airwaves is because Vince has finally begun watching Game of Thrones. 

Plus the title works with the main.  Because Braun is huge, and Seth is a slimy disgusting reptile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

..and there's the way out....     Braun added to Hell in a Cell making it a triple threat.  He takes the loss as he usually does and The Fiend is protected with Rollins going over.  

Honestly,  I'd just pull the trigger on The Fiend why the fuck not?  He's by far the most over act right now.  He's red hot.  Run with it. 

• Like 1

Corbin is a world-class heel. Gable is a great Ricky Morton. They had a crowd in 2019 eating out of their hand rooting for an undersized technical wizard to take out the jerk bully douche. There was no "this is awesome" chants or anything like that. Just a "Let's go Chad!" That was how wrestling is supposed to be -- a pompous jerk heel (who looks super ridiculous whilst he thinks he's awesome with his faux-fur) about to get his comeuppance before using a weapon to attack a man who was about to beat him fair-and-square. 

The five way match was really a lot of fun. They had a lot of cool little spots. I wish we had like one or two more Rey vs. Richochet spots. I like where this could be headed as an intro for Dominick to turn on his father at some point. 

Bayley's face when getting whipped into the seats was pretty awesome cowardice. Sasha/Becky is going to be pretty incredible. On an unconnected note, the AOP segments are also really fun. 

The Fiend stuff absolutely rules. It's some of the best and most unique presentation any character has ever had. They have the insane Firehouse segments AND the whole supernatural element with the lights going down and The Fiend taking down all in his path as Seth can do nothing but not make a sudden move for fear of his life. 

• Like 7

I feel that comparing Seth to Oberyn is a bit of an insult to Oberyn. 

OC/Viking Raiders was ok. Did enjoy Cedric goign after AJ again.

Dug both women's matches. I assume we get are the Boss n Hug Connection taking the tag titles back so their friendship can continue on both shows. I'm ok with that if it happens. I like that they are continuing to build Lacey and Nattie's feud. Its a pity Lacey didn't look as good as she has recently a few months ago when she was feuding with Becky.

Corbin/Gable was pretty damn good once again. I like actually like the black cape and crown for Corbin. That said, a cape and crown on Corbin will never not look ridiculous. That man should be applauded for embracing this. Hopefully we see Gable tap Corbin out in whatever rubber match they have.

Really nice to see AOP gettting buuilt up.

Glad Carmella won the 24/7 Title. I like that Truth actually celebrated with her until they had to run away from the women's lockerroom. Loved Mella trying to carry Truth real quick before the getaway.

The 5-way elimination match was good stuff. I assume the Fiend murders Rey either during or before the match.

Seth/Braun was good while it lasted. Loved the attack from the Fiend. I liked that Braun had to be put down twice.+

Good episode of Raw.

• Like 1

Corbin's gear is way better than the dollar store crap Gable tore up last week.

What are the odds on Rey winning the belt? We're gonna get another Fiend DQ, right? I mean it might be cool to have a title switch for the "season premiere" (yeah, sure) but you know they probably have other ideas. 

Nattie bringing up the crappiness of the Sharpshooter was great

Edited by Curt McGirt

Jesus Murphy...the Universal Champion looks like a whimpering, scared child frightened by The Fiend...again. 

And did they basically do the same gimmick with AOP that they tried doing with Aliester?

Edited by Infinit

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Seth looks like the world’s biggest dork lying there and looking over at the Fiend.

And the rest of the time too. Huge dork. 

I know what they're going for with Seth being scared of The Fiend. But you're right. Seth was crying more than Braun, who was actually getting Clawed. At least have Rollins crawl out of the ring to watch the drama from a distance. Don't have him crying in the corner like he just wet himself.

AOP's vignettes are better than Aleister's by a mile. They have focus and they got up to beat down some chumps already instead of reciting Edgar Allan Poe poems while drunk at Boiler Room Karaoke. 

• Like 1

So lame. I remember 2011 when Kane came back (with a mask!) and used a claw hold too.

Crowd was dead til Corbin/Gable stole the show again. Gable was the most over dude on the show, crowd got super hot for that, good stuff. Digging this feud and both guys work.

I know it’s supposed to be like a horror movie. But that was an awful visual. Worse than last week somehow. I struggle to imagine Hogan or Austin agreeing to look that bad, and they’ve been booked in some trash too. 

It’s not just Rollins though. That shit with Owens a couple weeks ago was also unspeakably neutering. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Infinit said:

And did they basically do the same gimmick with AOP that they tried doing with Aliester?

AoP have way better delivery and actually went beat someone's ass instead of just waiting for a fight. That is way better than whatever the fuck Black's is supposed to be doing.

Edited by Eivion

Honestly, Seth being booked like this feels like some Bruce Pritchard bullshit. It's precisely the type of garbage that Bruce would defend until he's blue in the face. He would say that you're building a story and blah blah blah, but in reality, you're taking your top babyface and making him look like a total bitch.

This company has no idea how to book babyfaces with any kind of consistency.

And Niners is right. They're going to completely fuck up the Fiend too by probably inserting Braun into the match and the match will either end in a no decision or Braun will take the fall.

• Like 1