DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NCAAF: Week 5

Dolfan in NYC

THE Ohio State moved into the top 5. Zero U drops down one. 

And to give you some idea of the bullshit that is the ratings:  Michigan (rightly) drops to 20 after getting handed their heads.  But Utah drops just as far in a close loss, and WaSu got knocked out of the top 25 altogether.   

Meanwhile stupid Notre Dame only drops 3 spots after their loss.   

yuck.

Yeah. There is no way to argue Michigan is one of the twenty five best teams in the country. An uninspired win over a bad small program, a double overtime win over a service academy, and then got absolutely waxed by the first real opponent they faced... You can't find 25 better teams than that?!?

I mean, I want them to suddenly turn it around and win out and yada yada, but they are not a team that belongs in the polls.

Houston has announced that starting QB D'Eriq King and WR Keith Corbin (who is their 2nd leading receiver) will be sit out the rest of the season in order to redshirt

Both are seniors and will finish their degrees in the meantime.

Both claim they will return to Houston next year

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yup.

And the defensive drop off ain't helping either. 

The dirty little secret is that Don Brown is not a good defensive coach. His system puts up spectacular numbers against bad teams and gets exposed by good ones. This past weekend, Michigan's defense looked poorly coached. 

How dumb do you have to be to dig up 7 year old racist tweets from someone but not scrub your own account for the racist and homophobic tweets you'd made, some more recent than his?

I mean, in a perfect world, neither of them ever would've tweeted any of it, but glass house, stones, ya know?

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Those first 2 weeks of the season must feel like decades ago for Maryland.  I mean Penn State was the clear favorite but 38-0 at the half ?

The thing that was most absurd about it was LOOK HOW MANY POINTS THEY SCORED AGAINST HOWARD!!!!

Like - if they didn't score that many against Howard the team should have been disbanded

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Ah, there's nothing quite like a game against Rutgers to make you mentally pretend your team has turned it around.

Just reminds me what a catastrophe for the sport the Big East falling apart was. It basically killed the programs of Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, UCONN and BC. The Big East was perfect for Rutgers because it was a level they could be competitive at, they have no prayer in the Big 10 and never will.

Edited by sabremike

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

Just reminds me what a catastrophe for the sport the Big East falling apart was. It basically killed the programs of Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, UCONN and BC. The Big East was perfect for Rutgers because it was a level they could be competitive at, they have no prayer in the Big 10 and never will.

Rutgers and Maryland were outscored a combined 111-0 this weekend

Guess the money is worth it to them

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HA! Apparently Rutgers contacted Greg Schiano about returning

You can laugh but seriously what better option do they have? I fear it ends up ala Randy Edsel at UCONN where you can't go home again.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:55 PM, RIPPA said:

Oklahoma becomes the 6th BCS program with 900 wins

Notre Dame will become the 7th this season... possibly today

Well, FWIW, ND hit 900 a couple/few years ago, but vacated games and all that.