DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2019

Guest Edwin

Yeah, you gotta try to give the manager time to turn things around and Arsenal's backline isn't exactly great but this isn't good enough for them. I can't even mock my Arsenal supporting friend at this stage, it's too real. Spiciest of meatballs would see Poch join Arsenal and turn them around while Jose's Spurs flounder.

In other news, 2-1 for Liverpool is the new 1-0 to the Arsenal.

• Like 1

Oh absolutely. I don't think it'll happen but they'd be foolish not to see if he would be at least willing to listen. There are Allegri and Benitez too. Lots of talk about Arteta but I don't think this is the right time to experiment with an inexperienced manager.

Chelsea score on the break. Really nice pace from Kovacic and lovely little finish from Kante. 

One of the damndest goals you'll ever see happened in Liga MX last night. Chivas goalkeeper Toño Rodriguez scored his first ever goal, off a goal kick from his own penalty box! 

This was in some ways Chivas' tribute game to former owner Jorge Vergara who passed away last week.

Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl reacts after Alexandre Lacazette score the equaliser in the 96th minute to draw the game.

Ralph Hasenhüttl was so shaken by that late Lacazette goal. I've rarely seen a manager wear his emotion on his sleeves like that in terms of showing disbelief and despondence (I've seen Klopp share all of the other emotions pretty damn well but he's almost always defiant or raging if Liverpool aren't doing well). Felt for Hasenhüttl because he's a good manager in a shit situation. I hope they turn it around and stay up. The gap isn't as bad as I thought, with only two points separating them from 17th Villa (who do have a game in hand). West Ham and Everton are lurking just above the drop zone too, so they have some teams just about in touching distance. 

As for Chelsea, they played well, having more possession than City at the Etihad. I'm pretty shocked by how well they are doing this campaign and they didn't have Pulisic yesterday either.

Sheffield United's fans chanting "there's only one United" today while 2-nil up made me feel so good. They almost fucked it up and really should've come away with three points but good on them for coming back after conceding 3 in 7 minutes. I hope they win the race for 5th now that there is separation between the top 4 and the rest. What a season so far. GOOD SHIT.

11 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Meanwhile, Unai Emery's hot seat at the Emirates gets even hotter with Arsenal losing to Frankfurt in the Europa League. 

There's talk the Arsenal board are having a meeting today so Emery Out might happen. It's definitely going to at some point.

Edited by The Natural

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

There's talk the Arsenal board are having a meeting today so Emery Out might happen. It's definitely going to at some point.

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

Arsenal have just sacked Unai Emery.

Edited by The Natural

Just another 2-1 for Liverpool. We are now without Alisson for the derby on Wednesday after he was sent off for using his hands outside of the box to stop a shot. More importantly, Fabinho is out until January sometime after Lovren bungled over a Napoli attacker on Fabinho's ankle. They conceded with a minute of his substitution. Guy does it all and is the ideal holding midfielder, so he'll be sorely missed. We already knew how fucking dumb the fixture list is for Liverpool in December but to be without our best midfielder is going to be scary stuff. Henderson played a little deeper and is the obvious choice to replace him. We've really been lucky to continue to win games with how tight the games have been. Eventually the string of 2-1 nail-biters is going to come to an end. 

No disrespect to Leicester but people claiming them as the biggest threat to Liverpool's lead at the top are insane. I would be shocked if City don't have a centre back arriving in early January. They'll get gouged in the winter market but they have the funds and it's a desperate need for them at this point. Laporte is also returning in either January or February. They'll have the backline sorted and the machine-like efficiency will continue.