DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 9/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, nofuture said:

7 minutes ago, Edwin said:

The bit with HHH at the end didn't air? Dude went into the crowd to chant NXT. It was great, yet hilarious.

Neither of these aired for whatever reason. They ended things at the brawl.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Neither of these aired for whatever reason. They ended things at the brawl.

That's lame on their end.

Regal walked out pissed after the brawl and made the announcement. Sean Maluta losing his red shoes in the melee was hilarious. That entire brawl was fantastic. Hope it came off well on video.

HHH came out all pumped after the brawl and put NXT over and then began running through the crowd chanting NXT. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

That's lame on their end.

Regal walked out pissed after the brawl and made the announcement. Sean Maluta losing his red shoes in the melee was hilarious. That entire brawl was fantastic. Hope it came off well on video.

HHH came out all pumped after the brawl and put NXT over and then began running through the crowd chanting NXT. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

The brawl came off pretty well. I'm sure we will see the Regal segment on next week's show. nofuture is right though about the HHH part likely ending up on youtube.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Are these motherfuckers serious?   They put the network version in the on-demand section but nothing from USA.   Yeah, it'll probably be up tomorrow but it's still dumb.  Why pay $9.99 a month if they are removing content? 

Well I asked a couple weeks ago if NXT will be like RAW and Smackdown where they are about a month or two behind on the Network.  Before I knew there was an hour version on the Network as well.  I would think that remains the same.  Which makes binge watching NXT tough if you don't DVR the TV show

Anyway if I would have told you 2 years ago that Trevor Lee would have a match on national TV that was about 8 SECONDS LONG AND HE WON nobody would have believed me.  I mean 2 years ago the idea of Trevor working less than 8 minutes outside of TNA was a huge stretch

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Anyway if I would have told you 2 years ago that Trevor Lee would have a match on national TV that was about 8 SECONDS LONG AND HE WON nobody would have believed me.  I mean 2 years ago the idea of Trevor working less than 8 minutes outside of TNA was a huge stretch

I'm a big Trevor Lee fan. He's struggled a bit to get over with the FS crowd, but they erupted for him after he pinned Maluta tonight.

There were 2 dark matches today -- Ángel Garza def. Raúl Mendoza and Damien Priest def. Kona Reeves.

And despite the new gimmick giving Priest a bit more of personality, he is still pretty uninteresting

Edited by Edwin

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Good call:

Triple H running through the crowd chanting NXT is like that 40+ year old dude who gets a midlife crisis and goes to a show and gets in a mosh pit trying to relive the glory days of his youth.

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well I asked a couple weeks ago if NXT will be like RAW and Smackdown where they are about a month or two behind on the Network.  Before I knew there was an hour version on the Network as well.  I would think that remains the same.  Which makes binge watching NXT tough if you don't DVR the TV show

It's just these two weeks where it's one hour USA and then one hour Network because of Suits on USA.   After that it'll be two hours live on USA and then it's supposed to go up on the network sometime Thursday which I guess will be fine.  

But there's no reason why for these two weeks to have the show split into two parts on the Network. 

It will also be interesting to see if that vast majority of WWE fans are as tired about Mauro as the hardcore NXT fans are.  If this was your first view of Mauro and didn't really know his story then man not very good.  

Right now there are really only two things that AEW does better than NXT.  Tag team wrestling and play by play/commentary.   Maybe the 2nd part isn't that much better.  I mean it really depends on how much Excalibur has to carry JR and the others some times.  

Edited by hammerva

"JUST LIKE HIP HOP ICON MISSY ELLIOT, Bianca Belair can't stand the REIGN! of Shayna Baszler!"   still the best.

Followed by MA MA MIA.........YIM!

I haven't watched NXT TV since June 2018, figured being on USA I'd give it another shot. Very pleasantly surprised to not see either of the garbage shit that drove me away in the first place. I'm here for it as long as I don't have to endure that crap. I'll try to stomach as much Gargano as one can but I feel once i see Ciampa again I'm out.

4 way was a hot start, seemed like a smart way to open. Hadn't seen Bianca in awhile, still great. Io is star quality. Was hoping Bianca would win but I guess Candice is the fresher opponent and maybe the one to dethrone Shayna. Was very pleased that the poison rana actually led directly into the finish considering recent events to the contrary. Why does Trevor Lee have the name of soap opera actress Camryn Grimes

Dream/Strong was good but the basically popping up TWICE from the "dream valley driver" was bizarre and took me out of the finish a bit.

Xia/Aliyah was rough but Xia has charisma and shows potential. Never cared much for Lio but pretty good match there. Fun ending brawl.

Edited by DreamBroken