DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 9/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

No spoilers because nothing's taped. First hour is on USA, second hour is on the Network. 

The preview has three huge matches:

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP: Velveteen Dream (c) vs. Roderick Strong

STREET FIGHT:  Killian Dain vs. Matt Riddle

FATAL 4 WAY FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:  Mia Yim vs. Candace LaRae vs. EVIL~ Io Shirai vs. Bianca Belair

I'm guessing the 4 way opens, with the NA title match closing out the USA hour - probably with a title switch.  

Just now, The Natural said:

Figure both titles to change hands and make a statement. If it was up to me, the Velveteen Dream retains. 

What's the second title match?

The women's match is a #1 contenders match

Unless the Cruiserweight Title is being defended and I missed it

4 minutes ago, PB-13 said:

Could have sworn reDRagon va. Street Profits was on the show as well but maybe that's next week.

Yeah - that match is nowhere to be found on the WWE's website in promoting the show so if it is happening, it is not this week

(Or it could be that would be a really shitty way to set up a title rematch)

I'd think they'd save Profits vs Era for the first H2H with AEW in a few weeks.   

I mean, I'm fully expecting AEW to win that first night, but NXT has to get something huge on that night.  (Assuming he's cleared*, Ciampa laying out Cole setting up Takeover Chicago would be the way I'd go.)

--

* - I am well aware he's saying he's not clear.  I am also aware that bald fuck is a lying son of a bitch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'd think they'd save Profits vs Era for the first H2H with AEW in a few weeks.   

I mean, I'm fully expecting AEW to win that first night, but NXT has to get something huge on that night.  (Assuming he's cleared*, Ciampa laying out Cole setting up Takeover Chicago would be the way I'd go.)

--

* - I am well aware he's saying he's not clear.  I am also aware that bald fuck is a lying son of a bitch. 

Be a hell of a moment and ahead of schedule. Ciampa needs to be reunited with Goldie. 

The fatal 4-way was good. Candice winning was an interesting choice since she probably deserved to be in the match the least. Still she is the most fresh of participants at this point.

Dug some of Dream/Strong, but I thought it dragged. Was hoping Dream's reign would go longer though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. 

Dunne/Ruas was fun while it lasted.

Xia/Aliyah was decent outside of that failed spring board attempt. That was a little scary.

Lio/Oney kind of came out of nowhere though it was probably the best match on the show. Not sure what Lio did though to deserve a no. 1 contender's match.

Imperium was a nice surprise. Hopefully they get the War Games spot instead of Undisputed Era. Its nice to finally see them do something with Kushida.

Riddle/Dain was nice before it became a brawl between everyone. Not sure what to think of that ending.

I lost my voice for the first time ever at a wrestling event. I blame Imperium, WALTER and Symphony No. 9. What a taping. Loved every second of it.

Full Sail was into it tonight. 

This may sound strange, but my initial reaction was about the venue. While I always knew Full Sail was small and intimate before, it seems super small and intimate on linear TV. Like this thing came on after SVU.

Likely two decades of conditioning on ballyhoo arena shots to open a show. Damn you Dunn.

The atmosphere was incredible at Full Sail. The live element really made a difference. Everyone was super excited and energetic.

And I'm all for WALTER vs. KUSHIDA. I'm actually all for WALTER vs. anyone honestly.

^^^ What a bunch of goobers.

Anyway, I saw the USA version so I guess I've still never seen a whole episode of NXT. Mauro seems way more irritating than he used to, I thought he was gonna have a coronary over the four-way. It was a mindless spotfest for those into such things. I preferred the title match which was a nice bit of wrestling instead with some good psychology. Velveteen is a bit lanky and gawky but looks like a star to me. I look forward to switching between this and AEW like I used to do Raw and Nitro.