DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a BLUDGEONING 9/17/19

Niners Fan in CT

The closing angle was good- but having said that, it seems weird that we see all the complaints about "Charlotte's just getting this big face turn because Fox demanded it!", despite being an ineffective heel...and yet Bryan was killing it as a heel all year and was a revelation, and Daniel Bryan suddenly being a good guy reeked of "Fox wanted the YES! guy as a hero", and it's not getting as much outcry.

44 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

The closing angle was good- but having said that, it seems weird that we see all the complaints about "Charlotte's just getting this big face turn because Fox demanded it!", despite being an ineffective heel...and yet Bryan was killing it as a heel all year and was a revelation, and Daniel Bryan suddenly being a good guy reeked of "Fox wanted the YES! guy as a hero", and it's not getting as much outcry.

I really don't think Bryan came off as a good guy or a hero in that segment - that promo was still total heel Bryan.

I still feel like this ends in Bryan turning on Roman - either being the mastermind behind it all or a "if you can't beat them, join them" situation with the dynamic of Rowan being in charge of the faction with Bryan as his little bulldog.  

57 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

I think a lot of people are holding out hope that Roman is Sting and Bryan is taking some knocks to make his ultimate betrayal more convincing. 

7 minutes ago, CSC said:

I really don't think Bryan came off as a good guy or a hero in that segment - that promo was still total heel Bryan.

I still feel like this ends in Bryan turning on Roman - either being the mastermind behind it all or a "if you can't beat them, join them" situation with the dynamic of Rowan being in charge of the faction with Bryan as his little bulldog.  

If Nakamura didn't just pull out a cape I'd say that I would love to see Bryan do this and bring back the cape. 

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

I haven't seen complaints about Charlotte turning face due to Fox, but I mostly just hang around here. Not really sure Fox would care much much one way or the other about who is face or heel as long as the featured talent is helping in ratings.

Bryan doesn't come across as a face quite yet. The gradual turn feels more like a case of someone realizing that Bryan being the attacker on Roman was too obvious and maybe running with Harper/Rowan on their own isn't the worst idea.

1 hour ago, CSC said:

I would assume it's still heel Bryan, but a lot of the other little things- Rowan making it clear Bryan was beneath him and was not equal to him, Bryan going more against Rowan than Roman- all would point more to "Rowan vs. Bryan" instead of "Bryan is the bad guy." It could easily lead to a swerve, but for now it looked less like "pure heel Bryan" and more like one of the "the face turn's imminent but I haven't officially become a good guy yet so I'm still going to be a little heelish...but if you're cheering me I'm not exactly going to stop it either" promos. 

It's a long con. Shinsuke's been pulling the strings since he turned on AJ. It will all become clear in some efed level write-up someone puts on a wikia read by 18 people.