DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a BLUDGEONING 9/17/19

Niners Fan in CT

New Day vs. Orton/Revival was good stuff. A shame we didn't get it during the build to CoC. Brock coming out would have been such a big deal had they not wasted MITB and Summerslam all so he could take a loss to Seth Rollins. I have zero interest in Brock/Kofi unless Kofi somehow wins.

Charlotte/Sasha was good. I continue to love heel Bayley. Carmella coming out for the save was a nice surprise. I love how she had no qualms kicking Sasha's ass while she kept pushing down Bayley, all pissed at her her good friend's recent bs.

Gable getting a badass moment like tonight made me ok with Corbin winning KotR.

Rowan and Harper destroying all in their path was wonderful. I'm really starting to wonder why the hell they kept Rowan so quiet all these years. He is way better talker than expected. With tonight it seems we aren't going down the path of Bryan vs. Roman which is a little sad, but I can't complain much since I'm digging the Rowan/Harper push.

I am an unabashed Wyatt Family mark and was from the jump. Rowan has been this secretly really good worker even back since NXT. His interview with Mike was more than just a little bit meta about him being overlooked and etc. He always played his role very well and was a great monster "grunt." He was next level frightening wearing a sheep's mask and a jump suit. The few words he said in his promos were always delivered as intended. He didn't do much more than basic power moves, which is all he should have been doing. And he was always there to take the fall or lose control for The Family but because of his size and how well he played his role it always felt like a triumph to even get him down. 

I love that we have this new Rowan. He's been really good since his return. But he's been awesome the past few weeks. I thought he was awesome this weekend in his first big one-on-one singles match ever. And he absolutely nailed his first promo beyond just being a grunt in the back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Considering that they once sent Dolph Ziggler out with a "MegaDEATH" patch on his vest, do you really think Rowan's finding these imperfections in his metal T-shirts and searching them out himself?

Do I believe Dolph is too dumb to know how to spell Megadeth and is also such a huge dork that he thinks that’s the actual way to spell it?

Yes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, w. josh said:

The metal shirts are completely lost on me. I need someone to start rocking 90s indie rock shirts. They should have kept Simon Gotch around and thrown him in Archers of Loaf and Yo La Tengo shirts every week.

There have to be some good shirts based on the YLT album "I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass." 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

True

EDIT: Rowan is never gonna get my true support unless he's wearing this though

54f4767d7b5b620b5f7547104b917d8d.jpg

(and goddamn I wish I had that)

I know nothing about them but I also really want to that shirt (will need to look them up anyway)

The show itself was better than last week.  Enjoyed what we got of Charlotte/Sasha and Carmella helping was a nice surprise.  I hate the idea of Brock taking the title in two weeks (has that inevitable feeling like Thanos did) so hoping Kofi wins somehow.  And Harper/Rowan going wild was a joy to watch.  Can't wait to see the matches that come out of all this.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

6 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

WWE.com have been compiling an updated gallery of all the metal shirts Rowan has been wearing - https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/gallery/rowans-heavy-metal-t-shirts-photos#fid-40358936

Most of the shirts he is wearing look new and clean, I wouldn't be surprised if after the first few weeks Nuclear Blast and Metal Blade just started sending him promo packages. About 90 percent of the shirts he has been wearing has been bands from those two labels. 

I am still mad that when he and Daniel Bryan were in full "pro-environment" swing that he didnt come out wearing a Wolves In The Throne Room t-shirt. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Like 2

One of my favourite low-key heelish things Rowan seems to be doing is shortening people’s names.  Last night he called Cole “Mike” and I thought it was weird because no one ever calls him Mike.  Then when he came out at the end he called Daniel Bryan “Dan” and I now think that it’s part of his gimmick to shorten their names to indicate familiarity in a real patronizing way.  I dig it.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Do I believe Dolph is too dumb to know how to spell Megadeth and is also such a huge dork that he thinks that’s the actual way to spell it?

Yes.

Dolph absolutely picked the MegadeAth patch, thinking it was correct. Consider his other patches were Poison, Twisted Sister, and Judas Priest. Priest is fine, but I feel like Dolph felt like he needed something heavier and faster to up his metal cred. As we know, Dolph is a fully grown Stewart from Beavis & Butthead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

Brock to me is like the uber-powered secret boss. I thought Kofi did a good job of visually conveying “shit, I finally beat Sepiroth and Ultima Weapon shows up”

The Ultima Weapon was pretty easy. Ruby or Emerald would be the choices here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Newcastle's almighty Venom

Reveal hidden contents

venom1.jpg

Thank you very much, I'll be checking these out soon.  I really need to peruse the metal thread some more as I'm so ungodly out of touch with it all, but that's what I get for mainly listening to podcasts.

• Like 2