DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 17: Rodriguez vs. Stephens (9/21/2019) - Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico (Arena Ciudad de México)

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah, that was an awesome job on his part. Mad respect for that. He's had some high profile fuckups in his 1000s of fights refereed but his even keeled personality is perfect for situations like this. 

I doubt Mexico gets to see that fight, which is a god damn shame but they need to run it back. Those two have a barn burner in them. It was just the first exchange but Yair's speed, Jesus Christ. But he throws so much that his chin is exposed and the threat of a flash KO with Stephens is always present. I need that. 

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Fans wild'n out made up for it somewhat. They do have two stars to build around long-term with Yair and Grasso (obviously more so Rodriguez). I hope they can inspire more Mexican fighters to get into MMA.

With Polo Reyes about to get his pink slip, it's Yair, Grasso, a small gap, Aldana, a long gap, Moreno, Alejandro Perez, Moggly, Jose Quinonez, and then a whole bunch of nothing else. If they want to run more than one show in Mexico a year or on the border like Hidalgo in 2016, they need more fighters ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, that was an awesome job on his part. Mad respect for that. He's had some high profile fuckups in his 1000s of fights refereed but his even keeled personality is perfect for situations like this. 

I doubt Mexico gets to see that fight, which is a god damn shame but they need to run it back. Those two have a barn burner in them. It was just the first exchange but Yair's speed, Jesus Christ. But he throws so much that his chin is exposed and the threat of a flash KO with Stephens is always present. I need that. 

I agree but I would love if they could sneak Yair on a card in the interim if Jeremy has some damage to his eye. Toss him a softball because the guy has still only had one fight since 2017 after tonight.

• Like 1

What we really want is Bisping's recording of it. Because he clearly stopped talking so he could film the situation on his phone. And he made sure to get an actual shot of B-Fitz under the table in there.

• Like 1