DVDVR Message Board

Picture/GIF Thread

Elsalvajeloco

3sIz.gif

ip7dx0.jpg

Last month meant THAT KO was five years old. I decided on a whim to watch the show live, by doing so I got to see one of the most historic KO's. Anderson Silva lost his UFC Middleweight Championship, most consecutive defenses and his first defeat in the UFC.

The way it happened, Silva tried dodging strikes like he's done in the past but Chris Weidman caught him and then bounced Spider's head off the mat like a fucking basketball. Weidman's highpoint and shit for Silva since.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 12:31 PM, The Natural said:

3sIz.gif

ip7dx0.jpg

Last month meant THAT KO was five years old. I decided on a whim to watch the show live, by doing so I got to see one of the most historic KO's. Anderson Silva lost his UFC Middleweight Championship, most consecutive defenses and his first defeat in the UFC.

The way it happened, Silva tried dodging strikes like he's done in the past but Chris Weidman caught him and then bounced Spider's head off the mat like a fucking basketball. Weidman's highpoint and shit for Silva since.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hearns is my favourite boxer of all time. I remember watching that on a career set I picked up and thinking Cuevas was just a guy. Pipino is a hall of famer and Hearns did that to him. Those welterweights of the '80s were just on another level. Duran also annihilated Cuevas too, in arguably even more violent fashion. 

Hearns vs. Cuevas is certainly in the top spot in terms of meaningful boxing bouts, but I believe the final knockdown (not the stoppage the next round) of a young Miguel Cotto vs. Justin Juuko on the undercard of Barrera vs. Morales II. Cotto hits Juuko with one of those sledgehammer left hooks on top of the head and makes him hit a ballet move on one leg. Never seen anything like that before.