DVDVR Message Board

SHARKNADO~!

RIPPA

2 HEADED SHARK ATTACK in it's first four minutes has managed to

1) show a 2 headed shark eat some people

2) introduce and outline every needed stereotype (the nerd, the heel jock, the expendable stoner, the sarcastic girl, the virginal good girl, the hunky but inept leader, sassy black woman).

We have antagonist, landscape, and complete cast of archetypes within minutes...rather than hours.

That is efficiency.  Are you watching, Christopher Nolan?  ARE YOU??????

• Like 1

I am convinced that Sharknado resurrected the board by the power of Steve MOTHERFUCKING Sanders.

I eagerly await Sharknado II, starring Brian Austin Green & Shannon Elizabeth.

• Like 3

Right now the SyFy schedule doesn't have it replaying until August 22 (7 PM)

But I feel like they are going to have to add at least one replay earlier.

it should be on SyFy another 459 times.  I don't understand what you guys are kvetching about, unless you are cord cutters....

Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the Pacific at the present time. So my options are either 1) hope that AFN picks it up in the near future or 2) find a torrent to download somewhere.

I'm guessing that second one isn't going to be much of a problem.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the Pacific at the present time. So my options are either 1) hope that AFN picks it up in the near future or 2) find a torrent to download somewhere.

I'm guessing that second one isn't going to be much of a problem.

Prolly not.

It seems like the SyFy stuff has ended up on Hulu Plus or Netflix fairly quickly too

I'm begging for this to be on Hulu.  My DVR got a little over an hour of it and crapped out.  I need to see the exciting conclusion to this.  Can't believe their schedule has the next showing in late August.  Who would do such a thing?

In the meantime, I'll settle for Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus this weekend!  Good times.

I got curious about other SyFy "original movies" when I was looking for a Sharknado torrent.

And that's when I learned about Chupacabras vs. The Alamo. Starring Erik Estrada.

I must see this.

• Like 3

I am convinced that Sharknado resurrected the board by the power of Steve MOTHERFUCKING Sanders.

I eagerly await Sharknado II, starring Brian Austin Green & Shannon Elizabeth.

Ian Ziering was surprisingly affective action lead and really the key to holding the whole thing together. If you want to do a sequel you don't replace him, you replace the monster. Ian Zieiring in Pirranhacane, Perchquake, or Sharkano..

• Like 3

My darling wife, being the outstanding, loving, beautiful, gracious mother of my children and love of my life that she is, notice my oversight and set the DVR for me to record this.  And told me today.  I watched it.

THIS IS THE FUCKING GREATEST B-MOVIE EVER CREATED!!!

This was everything I wanted and more.  Shit, there was even a Doctor moment in there!

Posted Image

There was one death lacking though, that's my only issue.

But you can't beat STEVE MOTHERFUCKING SANDERS chainsawing his way OUT OF THE BELLY OF A FUCKING SHARK!!!!!

There needs to be like, 23424352345 sequels of this made.

I can honestly see, with the buzz this got, a big budget sequel being made, for real.

Ian Ziering was surprisingly affective action lead and really the key to holding the whole thing together. If you want to do a sequel you don't replace him, you replace the monster. Ian Zieiring in Pirranhacane, Perchquake, or Sharkano..

I am okay with this. While Tara Reid was kind hilariously wooden, Ziering did commit all the way to this.

I didn't care much for Sharknado, but I must say that someone needs to make a GIF of this one scene in particular early in 2-Headed Shark Attack. At one point, Brooke Hogan is talking to four nondescript actors and actresses (including Carmen Electra) while facing in front of them. She starts talking about someone stealing a boat and then the dialogue just stops cold. The camera pans towards the four people trying to their best to emote without using words and then pans back to a wooden Brooke Hogan trying her best to convey this dire situation with facial expressions. It's simply the most brilliant shit I ever seen. You don't learn that shit at Julliard, folks.