DVDVR Message Board

SHARKNADO~!

RIPPA

I think that is topped by the loooooong scene where Charlie O'Connel is selling his injured leg by moaning through an entire scene where they are helping him back to a boat.  Read this rhythmically, like the beat of a techno song:

"Ow Ow ow Oh Oh Oh Oooh ow ow Oh Oh OOOW Ow OW Oh Mah Mah Mah Oh Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Oh Oh Ow Ow Oh Oh"

My darling wife, being the outstanding, loving, beautiful, gracious mother of my children and love of my life that she is, notice my oversight and set the DVR for me to record this.  And told me today.  I watched it.

THIS IS THE FUCKING GREATEST B-MOVIE EVER CREATED!!!

This was everything I wanted and more.  Shit, there was even a Doctor moment in there!

Posted Image

There was one death lacking though, that's my only issue.

But you can't beat STEVE MOTHERFUCKING SANDERS chainsawing his way OUT OF THE BELLY OF A FUCKING SHARK!!!!!

There needs to be like, 23424352345 sequels of this made.

I can honestly see, with the buzz this got, a big budget sequel being made, for real.

I'm thinking Bearnami.

See, it's a tsunami. . .with BEARS!

Should probably set up a Kickstarter. . .Gary Busey's salary isn't going to pay itself.

No no no... Bearthquake!!

An experiment by an alcoholic scientist (Tiffany Amber-Thiessen) goes wrong, leading to giant bears rampaging through the city Godzilla-style. Grizzlies, black bears, even pandas and polar bears. Have the polar bear attack a giant Coca-Cola sign for meta laughs. Throw in a giant Koala too, mad because of the dearth of eucalyptus trees in LA. Also stars Dean Cain, and Eric Roberts as the love interest. Also, at one point, someone has to look into the camera and scream the word BEAAARTHQUAAAAKE!!!

Sharknado was one of the most awesome syfy channel b-movies, hell any b-movie, of all time. So much fun and hearing about how the internet blew up talking about it just added to the legend that it is now.

Oh, man, I finally saw Sharknado.  I absolutely loved everything about this.  Ian definitely gave a shit about this, Tara was there but whatever, the other hot girl was likeable, and John Herd was awesome.  It was a spectacle that was for damn sure.  I loved this so much.  And the ending especially (spoikered for spoilers and all caps:

HE DOVE IN A FUCKING SHARK AND CHAINSAWED HIS WAY THROUGH IT!!!!!!  AAAAAND, THE GIRL WAS STILL ALIVE IN THE SHARK!!!  WHAT THE FUCK?!  THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

I am beyond thrilled they're doing Sharknado 2.  Oh, the possibilities.

And the song/video for it is nifty:

I think they gotta keep Ian Ziering. Make this his fucking Die Hard.

It's like SHARKNADO in a hockey rink.

It's like SHARKNADO on a bus.

This only gets better once we start getting vs.

SHARKNADO VS. BEARCANO

WInner takes on PIRANHAFOG.

I stopped ever trying to watch Syfy Channel Original Pictures a loooooong damn time ago.  Have they finally become watchable?  Because the few I've caught over the years weren't anything close to cheesy awesomeness, they were mostly just so-bad-it's-not-good-it's-just-fucking-worthless.  Lousy pieces of joyless shit which were trying and failing to be real movies, and usually managed to smother the actors I liked into giving sullen check-cashing performances.  They were NOTHING like what you're describing here, especially the aforementioned Brooke Hogan moment.  

I stopped ever trying to watch Syfy Channel Original Pictures a loooooong damn time ago.  Have they finally become watchable?  Because the few I've caught over the years weren't anything close to cheesy awesomeness, they were mostly just so-bad-it's-not-good-it's-just-fucking-worthless.  Lousy pieces of joyless shit which were trying and failing to be real movies, and usually managed to smother the actors I liked into giving sullen check-cashing performances.  They were NOTHING like what you're describing here, especially the aforementioned Brooke Hogan moment.  

They turned a corner when they became self aware.  Since then the actors involved are all seem pretty into the fact that they are starring in the 2010s equivalent of 50s drive-in movies that will be rewatched with amusement for years.

The writers and directors all get that too.  That joy you were missing showed up in a big way when they cast Tiffany vs. Debbie Gibson in MEGAPYTHON VS. GATOROID complete with Micky Dolenz getting pretty awesomely eated.  From that point on, they seem to be approaching these as the equivalent to, like, THE HORROR OF PARTY BEACH, which I've watched in its entirety (three times) more than CITIZEN KANE (0.7 times).

They are also embracing the "find the most insane concept and just make it happen as best you can."  This seemed to really take off with SHARKTOPUS.