DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

How could anyone see that as a finish by ref stoppage?! Seth is warned multiple times to NOT use the sledgehammer. Seth proceeds to use the sledgehammer and the ref immediately calls for the bell. That's a DQ finish damn near EVERY time.

It's just like in other matches where the ref repeatedly warns someone to not use a chair, then they do so anyway, and the ref immediately calls for the bell. That's a DQ finish. This reeks of them trying to save any kind of face by calling it a finish by ref stoppage. Technically it is a ref stoppage because the ref stopped the match just like they would in other DQ finishes. WWE has done ref stoppages before and the ref checks on the person to see if they're out and then they call for the finish and announce a winner.

Trying to say this was a ref stoppage after the fact just shows how much more of a clusterfuck it was and how poorly thought out it was.

• Like 7

IMHO a referee stoppage is a TKO and a decisive finish. That's not what happened here.

And also, it's a Hell in a Cell match. When has a HIAC ever been stopped for use of a weapon like that? And also the referee having a moral argument with Seth Rollins like he's a fucking superhero talking down Punisher or Wolverine from killing someone.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I'm always down for heel Asuka.

Too bad about the rest of the show, but luckily for WWE, AEW thinks a Jack Swagger debut is a "first live weekly show closing" worthy moment, so they didn't fall too far behind in the booking race this week.

5 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm always down for heel Asuka.

Too bad about the rest of the show, but luckily for WWE, AEW thinks a Jack Swagger debut is a "first live weekly show closing" worthy moment, so they didn't fall too far behind in the booking race this week.

Judging by live reactions, you can’t compare the two.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Judging by live reactions, you can’t compare the two.

Agreed.  I don't like Swagger one bit but the reactions for him and last night are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

• Like 3

Remember about 22 years ago (#ChristI'mOld) when they used red lighting for all of Kane's matches for about two months before apparently realizing how bad it looked?

Neither do they, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

How could anyone see that as a finish by ref stoppage?! Seth is warned multiple times to NOT use the sledgehammer. Seth proceeds to use the sledgehammer and the ref immediately calls for the bell. That's a DQ finish damn near EVERY time.

It's just like in other matches where the ref repeatedly warns someone to not use a chair, then they do so anyway, and the ref immediately calls for the bell. That's a DQ finish. This reeks of them trying to save any kind of face by calling it a finish by ref stoppage. Technically it is a ref stoppage because the ref stopped the match just like they would in other DQ finishes. WWE has done ref stoppages before and the ref checks on the person to see if they're out and then they call for the finish and announce a winner.

Trying to say this was a ref stoppage after the fact just shows how much more of a clusterfuck it was and how poorly thought out it was.

The ref asked Seth not to do it because it wasn't who he was. He didn't warn that it would qualify as a dq. I mean no matter what it was a shitty and just generally piss poorly executed finish. 

10 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

I did crack up at the ref apparently not noticing or caring that Nikki’s face is green and that Asuka has green down the front of her. It’s cool. ?

I thought Cross turned her head away from the ref and Asuka pulled Cross' hair over here face, so I think it was done in the best way possible. 

I really thought the Tornado Tag was the best match on the show. I wasn't too high on Becky vs Sasha (and I'm a huge Becky Fan), but it was pretty much what people praise in modern wrestling so I can see what people liked about it. 

Edit: The main Event is amazing. It killed multiple finishes, two characters, a few thousand eyesights and an entire crowd. 

Edited by ReiseReise
  • Like 2

That's lame as fuck and overly theatrical. If you're in the crowd, all you see is the ref arguing with Seth. Hell, even watching it at home, he looks like he's warning Seth.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The ref asked Seth not to do it because it wasn't who he was. He didn't warn that it would qualify as a dq. I mean no matter what it was a shitty and just generally piss poorly executed finish. 

Fuck that referee having a moral debate with Seth Rollins over a use of a weapon in a damned hell in a cell match. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Remember about 22 years ago (#ChristI'mOld) when they used red lighting for all of Kane's matches for about two months before apparently realizing how bad it looked?

Neither do they, I guess.

Hell they did it more recently with Sin Cara. It looks like shit. No one wants to watch a wrestling match bathed in some bad lighting filter 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

I like Becky and all but she makes things boring by constantly clearing out the top contenders in the division. 

Sasha comes back to major heat and fanfare only to be killed dead decisively in two straight title matches?  

Whose the next challenger?  Ruby Riott? Ember Moon? Natalya? Fuck that division.

alexa-bliss-590.jpg?w=640

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

But if you don't like Alvarez then might wanna listen to B&V as I think this finally drove him into a state of madness.

I'm listening. Sounds like the same smug dweeb he is the rest of the time. And now I'm listening to Bryan Alvarez. Curses! 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Surely Corey Graves isn't referring to the Fiend and Seth Rollins being separated by The Draft, because that means The Fiend is the lame ass kind of monster that is respectful of mandates telling him which brand he's exiled to. Also they'll have to make Seth Rollins exclusive to one brand even though he's Universal Champion.

Edited by FluffSnackwell
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Ok, Corey.

WWE is approaching DC Comics levels of resetting their universe at this point. Shit they’ve probably already passed that. Bisch should rename his podcast to 52 Weeks.

That would make sense if WWE didn't already have an annual "reset" every April or so.

But they do, so it doesn't.

And besides. . .nobody is forgetting what happened last night any time soon.

• Like 1

Sasha losing was the right result. Becky should not be beaten decisively yet. Not when the Ronda match is on the table. As for Becky's next potential opponents, Ruby Riott is a good suggestion. Hell give Liv Morgan a shot. I wouldn't be mad at extending the Sasha feud through Survivor Series. Plenty of options. 

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick

Sasha losing again might cause her fans to march on Stamford, or just bitch about it on Twitter and still watch the show.  One of those two.

Still, Becky doesn't really have anywhere to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2