DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

31 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Is that true, because everywhere I’ve read is that Bray by disqualification.

As far as I can tell, yes. People have just gone with a dq assumption because WWE stupidly laid the foundations for it with their dumbass poll and the lack of an official announcement at the ppv.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

Instead of watching the show I was at a friend's house smoking a cigar while knocking back a couple brewskis.  Much like @Elsalvajeloco I very much don't regret my decision.

I would add some much-deserved hate to what I read about this but the hate is flowing quite nicely without needing me to pile on.  But if you don't like Alvarez then might wanna listen to B&V as I think this finally drove him into a state of madness.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Instead of watching the show I was at a friend's house smoking a cigar while knocking back a couple brewskis.  Much like @Elsalvajeloco I very much don't regret my decision.

I would add some much-deserved hate to what I read about this but the hate is flowing quite nicely without needing me to pile on.  But if you don't like Alvarez then might wanna listen to B&V as I think this finally drove him into a state of madness.

Watch Becky/Sasha and Roman/Bryan vs. Rowan/Harper. They were great and should be watched.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Holy shit, there is a guy walking around the Publix parking lot right now yelling about the ending to Hell in A Cell.

We don't have Publix in my part of the country.

There is a Wawa near my job however, which isn't unusual being in New Jersey. One of the clerks, who'd I guess is in his late teens-early 20s always talks to me about wrestling because I'm usually wearing a Bullet Club or LIJ shirt. He and I have similar taste, being more into indies; New Japan; and AEW. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

I don't mean to be an interenet tough guy, but as someone who has seen Jackie Chan's Police Story 120 times and who recognizes the words muay Thay as having something to do with elbows, I am 100% sure I could have kicked John Wayne Gacye's ass.

Not with handcuffs on

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eivion said:

As far as I can tell, yes. People have just gone with a dq assumption because WWE stupidly laid the foundations for it with their dumbass poll and the lack of an official announcement at the ppv.

That is so dumb. It’s such a Vince-ism when the announcers, and onscreen officials can’t make it clear what the finish was. Or it was in fact a DQ, and the company is trying to backtrack on it. 

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Vince/HHH/Shane/Steph private meeting

Shane to Vince: "Pop, they were booing us out there."

Vince to all: "Aw, pal, it's no big deal. It was controversial. Controversy creates cash!"

Everyone: *blank stare*

It must be frustrating as fuck to be Steph and HHH having to deal with shit like this. With Shane I assume less so since he is only there as a performer now.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Watch Becky/Sasha and Roman/Bryan vs. Rowan/Harper. They were great and should be watched.

Yeah, those I'm aiming to watch sometime this week.  I surprisingly like Gable's matches against Corbin so if that's up to par may give that a watch as well.  And Seven Dieties help me I may watch that goddamn main event but only if it's after a couple beers.  The way it sounds no way can I watch that shit sober.

Just now, steve said:

In real time last night, I always thought it was Seth via ref stoppage.

Because, well, like X-Pac said, how do you get DQ'ed in HIAC?

I thought the same as well.

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

Yeah, those I'm aiming to watch sometime this week.  I surprisingly like Gable's matches against Corbin so if that's up to par may give that a watch as well.  And Seven Dieties help me I may watch that goddamn main event but only if it's after a couple beers.  The way it sounds no way can I watch that shit sober.

Gable's match with Corbin was good though not as good as the first two. Honestly the rest of the show aside from the main event was generally solid-good match wise. It just that the main event's bs is overshadowing the positive sadly.  I only highlighted the opening matches as much see because Sasha/Becky of them is an easy MOTYC while the tag was still pretty great and might have been a MOTYC as well had it not had to follow HIAC.

• Like 1