DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Fightful is saying the ending went off exactly how Vince wanted and according to one of the sources “laughed off the crowd reaction”.

If that is true then Vince does not know the difference between good carny and bad carny.  X-Pac Heat is not good heat; it's bad heat.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

Basically, this finish tonight is what you can do to set up the Hell in a Cell match.

The whole point of Hell in a Cell is like there's no escape, or that sledgehammers and weapons are legal. When has a Hell in a Cell match ever been stopped due to excessive weapons or carnage? I guess other than the two instances mentioned here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

PWInsider is saying differently.

Post it, I haven’t seen what they’re saying about it. All I’ve seen is tweets and Reddit stuff about the event while I’m at work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Post it, I haven’t seen what they’re saying about it. All I’ve seen is tweets and Reddit stuff about the event while I’m at work.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/130206/wwe-hell-in-a-cell-main-event-notes.html?p=1

The idea behind the Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt finish was that the referee officially stopped the match after Rollins smashed Wyatt with a sledgehammer as he lay under a pile of weapons.

While it was certainly plausible why someone would think the match ended with Rollins disqualified, we are told the official idea is that the bout was stopped.

The aftermath of the match, which saw the two battle inside the Cell bathed in red light, the non-finish and Bray Wyatt putting Seth Rollins in a Mandible Claw on the floor as fake blood poured from his mouth, led to loud chants of "restart the match", "AEW", "Refund" and "Bullsh**." from the fans in Sacramento.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Besides there being a winner? Probably not.

So a No Contest in this type of match is basically worse because this is the one kind of match where there almost has to be a winner. Sort of like AJ Styles and Nakamura ending in a double countout last year.

• Like 2

There's no way WWE would laugh at that reaction, for no other reason than someone backstage must know by now Rollins can't handle rejection from the crowd.

Like how is it possible for anyone to think The Fiend can be defeated? Rollins was seconds away from pulling out a sawed-off 12 gauge because chairs, ladders, toolboxes, and sledgehammers didn't work. The Fiend still left Rollins in a bloody heap at the end. Good luck with figuring out what takes him down now.

What's worse is you can see what they were trying to do. That Rollins is rotten at his core, and The Fiend wants to show how rotten Rollins is, that he shouldn't be forgiven for being such a jerk for all these years. Good stuff. So if they insisted on having the match with Rollins still being champ, have Rollins show how depraved he is, let The Fiend beat Rollins bloody, then he disappears into a red mist without going for the pin. Rollins is left with a bruised body and a broken mind. And The Fiend still keeps messing with him.

They got every step of it wrong.

We got. . .THAT. 

That's a tough pill to take.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

Fightful is saying the ending went off exactly how Vince wanted and according to one of the sources “laughed off the crowd reaction”.

"I'm not mad, I'm actually very calm.  I meant to do that!"

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

Besides there being a winner? Probably not.

I am completely baffled by the concept of a No DQ match ending by ref stoppage and being thrown out..

I suppose the booking achieved its desired effect..

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/5/2019 at 4:42 PM, L_W_P said:

I've only read a recap and watched YouTube highlights but if I could delete one guys career from pro wrestling it would be Lesnar.

I wish he went straight to MMA or became a football star.

Dude is almost single handedly responsible for Vince deciding that "The BRAND is the Star" and watering down anyone who wasn't a locked in, yes sir, WWE lifer.

Now he walks in and out as he likes, winning titles and doing NOTHING to elevate anyone.

What was the point of Rollins beating him if he was just going to turn around and squash Kofi? Why not save the MITB case and do it that way?

Whydoes Rey want to call up Cain? Is he not man enough to step up to Brock himself? Hasn't his whole WWE career been built on fighting big bully types?

Its the same as Balor going to NXT. Great moment but what's the character motivation for doing that? Is he afraid of The Fiend? Can he not summon The Demon for at least 1 rematch to try and restore some pride? Or do we just sweep that away because "Hey hey, don't watch AEW, we have Finn Balor on NXT!"?

I mean honestly... They aren't even trying any more. Its just booking for a series of "moments" that get people talking before any serious thought reveals how badly it's been done.

By the time people are on board with the issues another "moment" rolls along and its onto the next...

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Trying to think of a show's main event ending on such a negative crowd reaction as this did. Really loud boos, clear chants of bullshit, refund back and AEW.

Royal Rumble 2015 is up there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The rest of the show was whatever. I just can't believe that main event. Easily one of the worst things I've seen in awhile. They killed Bray and Seth. And Pritchard can say some bullshit like Bray doesn't need the title and that can be their mindset or whatever the fuck, but they're full of shit.

That's the thing.  I 100% agree that the Fiend gimmick does not need a title in order to be over.

My problem is how you can book Seth vs. Fiend in a gimmick match where the whole point is to have a decisive winner and then kill them both by booking a No Contest? 

That makes zero sense from a booking perspective or from a mat psychology perspective.   It's the X-Pac Heat version of sending them home unhappy.  It's the polar opposite of the NWO Hogan heel turn or the debut of CONTRA on MLW.

I am almost tempted to DVR RAW on Monday Night since I'm working graveyard and will be passed out when it's on television, and see how they intend to clean this up and maybe that was the real objective of that shitshow of a PPV.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3