DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Randy dropping the N bomb endless discussion and now this, what a week for this board it's been...

and Rippa when he reads it all

BTW, the final of Chikara's King of Trios made for great Sunday viewing.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Just now, piranesi said:

Guys Guys.  It's obvious how to fix this. Open Raw tomorrow by having Seth come out and do a 20 minute promo winning the crowd over with his popular culture references and cool attitude!

The sad part is that's exactly what will happen.

Dude ended the PPV with blood spewing out of his mouth like Linda Blair in The Exorcist and the show is going to open tomorrow with a Seth Rollins promo. We all know it already.

• Sad 1

Wow. I've lurked here for like 15 years and that ending was sooo bad it compelled me to actually comment.

First the positive... Becky & Sasha had a killer match. Probably the best HIAC match I've seen since it became it's own PPV concept. This is the match they should have ended on. Solid work with two super over characters, and a clean decisive finish. If you're gonna do that hokey hee-haw rasslin finish with Seth & Bray open the show with it and just get it over with.

This show was in Sacramento too. Not some hot bed of rebellious insider internet fans like Philly or Boston. This was about as normal of a town as you'll get for a WWE PPV and even they booed the shit out of that horrible finish. My first gripe, one that no one mentioned yet, is the HORRIBLE red light effect for the match. It sucked when they did it for Kane. It sucked when they did it for Sin Cara. And it still sucks now. Its like watching a Virtual Boy from the 90s. Pictures from inside the arena were even worse. Probably as bad as the Orton AJ lighting issue from Mania this year. They also already changed the lighting effects of his entrance and made it considerably worse (I'm a nerd for lighting / production cues).

But this company is so stuck in their formula that they will never ever shake it up and go with the hot hand. It's really simple. If you don't wanna put the title on Bray... don't book him in the title match. Ugh. What they delivered was bad. It's not Seth's fault. It's not Bray's fault. It's 100% on creative. I'm fairly sure with the vibe Bray created with this character it wasn't his idea to do a ridiculous oversized cartoon mallet. It's the same guy that thought Moxley should drag a wagon. Or get a shot to inoculate him from "a town like this". It's all good shit in Vince's head.

When a crowd stays way after the show ends to boo your product, chant refund & bullshit, and chant for the other product... you have a major problem. Especially in Sacramento of all places. But history has a tendency to repeat it's self. And WWE def feels like it's 1995 all over again with cartoony non-sensical stuff that makes you embarrassed to admit you watch. Thank god for AEW. Even if you don't prefer their product (I do), it will push WWE to stop booking for one guy's tastes (Vince), and start actually pushing what fans want.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

so they managed to kill The Fiend, Seth Rollins, and The Cell Itself in one match.

that's an achievement.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Way to devalue your hottest act, keep your World title on someone who shouldn't have it and the gimmick match, Hell in a Cell.

In full agreement.

• Like 4

I really liked the Becky/Sasha match, but I'm going to go against the grain and pick a different favorite. Rowan and Harper / Roman and Bryan was the best match. I was excited for the whole thing. If I rewatched them both though, my mind could change. I don't know. But all the matches were good except for the HORRIBLE main event. Plenty of Bayley fans that didn't want her to lose the title (including me), but I figure it's mostly out of fear of WWE mistreating her in the booking again. Charlotte is also great and probably the best choice to end Bayley's reign now.

I don't know who the "shorty" stuff is supposed to be funny to. Is it Vince? Is Vince the one who thinks just saying "shorty" over and over again is funny? It nearly made the otherwise decent Corbin/Gable match unwatchable for me.

• Like 2