DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Has there every been anyone who piled up this many badly booked PPV matches as Bray Wyatt over the last five years? Between the New Day fake Hardy Compound match, Randy Orton and the haunted house match...Dean Ambrose and the exploding monitor...Cena burying him in chairs.

What am I missing?

The Orton Mania match with the bugs and worms projected on the mat.

• Like 3

Just finished the show.

Lacey/Nattie was pretty solid. I'm actually lookign forward to the Last Woman Standing match tomorrow.

Becky/Sasha was fantastic though I have no idea why the hell it was the opening match. Nothing was goign to be able to follow it. Also not sure where they go with Banks who arguably needed the win more than Becky.

Roman/Bryan vs. Rowan/Harper was a good brawl. I'm only disappoitned it had to Sasha/Becky and that we did not get Rowan powerbombing Bryan into Roman at any point.

Orton/Ali seemed nice enough form what I saw of it. Ali's RKO dodge.

Kabuki Warriors vs. BlissCross was decent. Was nice getting a different dynamic with KW playing heels though it was also a weird and random change.

I didn't pay much attention to the 6-man tag. 

Gable/Corbin was good once again. The two just have great chemistry.

Charlotte/Bayley was good. Hopefully Bayley's breakdown at the end leads to something good.

Bray/Seth was interesting to say the least. I actually thought they were doing well working it as a spectacle. Then they got very fucking stupid and tried to go too far in telling a story of Seth losing himself to beat Bray and all that shit. The audience just does not give enough of a fuck about Seth for that to work, and Bray as the Fiend is way the hell too new and liked for them to get behind the idea. This was such a shitty note to end the show on. Seth is dead w/o question after this. Bray and the Fiend? who knows.

Even without the shit done n the main event I'm not sure I could have called this a good show because of how half ass everything was put together outside of 4 matches. Everything but the main event managed to be decent, but that main event was so shitty it casts a dark on the show as whole. I feel sorry for everyone else who did a good job tonight

42 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I just feel awful for Bray. The guy came up with that gimmick himself and made himself the most over act going after years of being booked to shit. .

.Bray is not the most over act. Becky is.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

I get Bayley losing wasn't a popular decision around here,  but you can understand the logic right ahead of the draft and Charlotte being a central part of Fox's advertising/promotion.  (My theory is we're going to see Charlotte/Becky main event at Survivor Series and that's when Ronda and co return...) Charlotte's been all class about it, too.

• Like 6

What I liked:

Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks delivering inside Hell in a Cell. Still think the Legit Boss should've gone over. 

Daniel Bryan/Roman Reigns vs. Luke Harper/Erick Rowan with a welcome return to tornado tag team rules. 

Kabuki Warriors winning the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles from Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross. 

All this was overshadowed by the fucking booking in the Rollins/Fiend main event.

• Like 2

I think the women carried this show, honestly. Becky/Sasha was great and Becky's best match since TLC last year (Becky thrives in gimmick matches), the women's tag overdelivered and I'm delighted to see heel Asuka on the main roster, and Charlotte/Bayley got the crowd back into it even with the over-long Corbin/Gable match before it.  With the Lacey/Nattie preshow match it was also the second PPV this year to have four women's matches and three on the main card, that's progress.

Yeah, the main event and its ending sucked, but there's still strong positives to take out of this show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well there was that Hell in a Cell against Ambrose where Dean got distracted by a hologram.  At least Bray won that.  

that was Seth actually winning the Cell match against Dean, Bray was just that hologram. The exploding monitor at TLC was the one bray did win.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You can make an argument against Charlotte winning without having to call her a tranny for fuck sakes 

I'm not the one that said that. I thought that was gross.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I think the Fiend was always, to Vince at least, just another monster to feed to the babyface hero. We were never ready to accept that because we all like the guy and by jumping right to PPV they got into a situation where you know there's no way he's going to get a title run...He's a fucking fiend. So they had to try and finesse yet another Bray Wyatt PPV failure without "beating him".  It's an impossible ask and guaranteed catastrophe, and here we are.

That's what I don't get. What on God's green earth do they see in Seth Rollins that males them think he's a babyface hero?

Somewhere Jon Moxley is smiling right now. Mostly because Renee tweeted that she's home this weekend, but also a little bc the guy who called him out over his burying the WWE creative process just took a wet shit on PPV. That was truly, truly wretched.

And something else just occurred to me; the demographic that I think was most turned-off by this was the 18-49 yr old male, which they're already struggling to retain and AEW seems to have made an impression on. If wwe thinks Seth Rollins is gonna lead that demographic back to their programming, they are delusional...

• Like 5

I can't wait until they force the CC guy to have the audio they're transcribing in one ear and Vince in the other telling them how to spin crowd noise.

"Cole: and the Fiend has to be out now DON"T YOU FUCKING DARE PUT THOSE CHANTS IN THEY"RE CHANTING SETH SETH SETH YOU FUCKING WORM I COULD HAVE YO KILLED AND NO ONE WOULD ASK A QUESTION"

"Graves: I hate this babyface they're so lame not like Alexa bliss CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY IS FUCKING CARMELLA? TYPE SOMETHING IN THERE ABOUT HOW THE CROWD IS SCREAMING WE WANT SETH WE WANT SETH WAIT ARE YOU TYPING THIS YOU FUCKING MORON STOP TYPING THIS YOURSE STILL TYPING I"M RIGHT OUTSIDE THE TRUCK AND I"M GOING TO ARRARRAROHO HO HGHFHOERAORUEOIEOG"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5