DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, iowanole said:

And AEW thinks they have the first transgender woman on roster...

Randy dropping the N bomb endless discussion and now this, what a week for this board it's been...

Thing is, the rest of the show was good. The first two matches were hot, and the crowd was completely into them. The rest of the show was entertaining. But that main event--WOOF, WOOF. I knew something dumb would happen, and somehow it was even worse than I imagined.

Rollins is going to wish he was Reigns in 2015, the heat coming his way is past nuclear. And at least Roman learned how to use the heat to his advantage. Rollins shows no indication of being that self-aware.

They may as well shot Rollins in the head as far as being a top guy is concerned.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Whoa that was bad. I don't think they're burying The Fiend so much as going with the classic horror movie trope of "you have defeated the monster...but now YOU are the monster!" Seth is supposed to be Dennis Hopper in TCM2.

Only they won't pull it off and it will be shit. HHH surely whipped some ass in the Cell with a sledgehammer and never got DQ'd, no?

The only thing that could have made this work is if they'd just gone all out and done it at a Halloween Havic.

I guess that was their way of acknowledging that Triple H was always using a rubber sledgehammer. That's how come he never killed Sting or any of those other poor assholes he nailed in the temple at point blank range. Not Seth though. HE'S A MADMAN!

Edited by FluffSnackwell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Way to devalue your hottest act, keep your World title on someone who shouldn't have it and the gimmick match, Hell in a Cell.

Yeah I agree I think this match pretty much killed Hell in a Cell as a gimmick too.    If you can't have a fucking finish in a Hell in a Cell then what good is it?   Completely ridiculous.  

This is at least the second time over the past several years where they booked themselves into something they didn't want for a Cell match and went on to deliver some major fuckery.  

The Ryback thing was bad but that was WWE bad...      This was all time ever in the history of wrestling bad...   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

I mean, you could, but I'm not the monster that thinks Charlotte winning is a good thing...

You can make an argument against Charlotte winning without having to call her a tranny for fuck sakes 

And yes I know you didn't call her that but point still stands

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

You can make an argument against Charlotte winning without having to call her a tranny for fuck sakes 

He wasn't the shitstain that did that.  

I reported the shitstain that did.

EDIT: Not callng drew a shitstain.  Shitstain was directed directly at the shitstain that thinks it was funny.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I guess that was their way of acknowledging that Triple H was always using a rubber sledgehammer. Not Seth, though. HE'S A MADMAN!

Wouldn't be shocked if Wyatt's hammer was the old Bludgeon Brothers hammer all taped up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Asuka channeling her inner Muta was low-key one of the best parts of the show.

I'm not sure I've had a wrestling moment where I've been so happy and so pissed off.  Asuka winning was awesome...but using the green mist was so fucking 1980s...

And then Corey Graves cemented the bullshit with his "Asuka thought outside the box!" comment.  No, in WWE-land "Japanese wrestler spews green mist" IS THE FUCKING BOX, ASSHOLE.

• Like 7

Has there every been anyone who piled up this many badly booked PPV matches as Bray Wyatt over the last five years? Between the New Day fake Hardy Compound match, Randy Orton and the haunted house match...Dean Ambrose and the exploding monitor...Cena burying him in chairs.

What am I missing?

• Like 3