DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, iowanole said:

Counting the 1 1/2 matches I watched tonight, that brings my WWE viewing total for the month to 1 1/2 matches...

I'm up to 0 since uh...Mania? I think I watched something from Mania.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gonzo said:

Like I saw someone on Twitter say, this is the WWE version of Starrcade '97.

They had the obvious ending right there in front of them, and instead they went with what had to be the worst possible ending for that match.

I'm thinking it was more like Starrcade 99. We're quite a bit further down the road here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The only way to save this is if RAW opens up with the ref being found dead with a puppet stuffed down his throat, Seth then leaves the building and announces he is taking a vacation and it ends with Vince being found dead with a puppet stuffed down his throat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, we've established that nothing less than a Full Reactor Shot from the Death Star is going to put Bray down, so whoever beats him with 1 finisher now is toast, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lmao. Always knew the corny clown bullshit was exactly that, goofy and cornball, but HOLY SHIT they took it to a whole nother level of cartoon tonight. Legit one of the worst things I have ever watched, still wondering what exactly we witnessed. Laying on the mat for 10 minutes, No selling 20 curb stomps, a sledgehammer treated like an axe where Seths about to break down crying about murdering bray only for that to get no sold too despite it causing a DQ. Absolutely hysterical.

I came into this show expecting to hate most of it, but shockingly actually really liked almost all of the rest of it. The opener was pretty good, a bit shocked that Sasha didn't go over and got tapped out. Don't know who else takes that title next. Some of the spots were a bit too contrived/pointless in setting up but the match was solid. Don't usually enjoy Becky matches so this was a plus. Tornado tag was very good. Orton/Ali was pretty awesome, great RKO counter and finish. Gable/Corbin always deliver the goods. Actually laughed at Cole saying give Chad some cake and Corey quips "Shortcake?!" Nice to see the green mist, wondered if Asuka & Kairi were turning heel there, fun match. And thank God, Charlotte's back on top! End it there and I call it an almost great show. but that main event embarrassment will be what is remembered, just awful. Can do without ever seeing this bray crap again.

• Like 3

Whoa that was bad. I don't think they're burying The Fiend so much as going with the classic horror movie trope of "you have defeated the monster...but now YOU are the monster!" Seth is supposed to be Dennis Hopper in TCM2.

Only they won't pull it off and it will be shit. HHH surely whipped some ass in the Cell with a sledgehammer and never got DQ'd, no?

The only thing that could have made this work is if they'd just gone all out and done it at a Halloween Havic.