DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XI - 10/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I mean, they're trying to do the old Hulk Hogan faces a monster and beats him but

1) In an era when the monster has to be so over the top that it's not really believable or manageable to build someone up as a supernatural monster without straying into the absurd

2) No one wants to see Seth Rollins beat anyone let alone a cool monster.

• Like 1

So hitting someone with a tool box while there is ladder and a chair on them is perfectly fine.   But a sledgehammer is where we are drawing the line.  I mean there was a fucking mallet in the match that was 3 times the size.   

It must suck to know that you have been in 3 or 4 of these Hell in a Cell matches and your girlfriend is in her FIRST one and it was one of the best in many years. With Sasha of course. 

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Fiend is dead.   They are just too fucking stupid to realize it yet.  Also,  Seth Rollins is dead too.  If he wasn't already,  he's about to be another Roman.   

Good job Vince! 

I think the Fiend was always, to Vince at least, just another monster to feed to the babyface hero. We were never ready to accept that because we all like the guy and by jumping right to PPV they got into a situation where you know there's no way he's going to get a title run...He's a fucking fiend. So they had to try and finesse yet another Bray Wyatt PPV failure without "beating him".  It's an impossible ask and guaranteed catastrophe, and here we are.

The Mallet was straight out of Looney Tunes.

I dunno, I watched HUSTLE, watch DDT, dug early LU, did e-wrestling in the 90's... and that match broke right past my tolerances for insane shit.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

Not to be that guy, but to be fair, I can't believe you folks watch as many hours of this garbage a week as y'all do.

Counting the 1 1/2 matches I watched tonight, that brings my WWE viewing total for the month to 1 1/2 matches...

Like I saw someone on Twitter say, this is the WWE version of Starrcade '97.

They had the obvious ending right there in front of them, and instead they went with what had to be the worst possible ending for that match.

• Like 7