DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK THREE

RIPPA

I don’t get what Miami is doing. These players (Tunsil, Fitzpatrick) are proven good players and are exchanging for unproven future rookies where the bust rate is not 0%. I understand trading aging veterans, but not young proven players.

Texans did the same thing in trading Clowney and they didn’t even get a 1st. I don’t get it.

Talk about rearranging the chairs on the TItanic.(The Steelers, not the Dolphins)  Unless a miracle happens, Pitt ain't making the playoffs, so you just gave up a top 15(?) pick for a corner. Good Job?. As for the Dolphins, NFL teams are getting soft. Who gives a shit if a guy requests a trade or release? What are you worried about, that the chemistry of your shitty team will get worse?

If I haven't said it recently enough....

I hate football and all of you.  

(Also, the Dolphins are going for the late 80's Cowboys rebuild of getting ~80 picks for the next two years and seeing what sticks. Frankly, I am okay with this, because bringing in a couple of free agents every season has left them mediocre for more than a decade. So, fuck it.  Blow it up.) 

As for Minkah...  You don't want to be here for the bad times?  You don't get to be here when the times are good.   Fuck him, I'm glad we conned a 1 out of idiot Pittsburgh for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

(Also, the Dolphins are going for the late 80's Cowboys rebuild of getting ~80 picks for the next two years and seeing what sticks. Frankly, I am okay with this, because bringing in a couple of free agents every season has left them mediocre for more than a decade. So, fuck it.  Blow it up.) 

As per usual - it is do you trust the people actually making the picks not how many picks do you actually have

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's #TankForTua (Or, if they don't like what they see in Tua, #TankforTaylor) because alliteration makes my toes tingle.

Alliteration works too, but #SuckForLuck from the Colts is the template the Dolphins are working off of right now.

I would probably #TankForTrevor even with the slow start this season. 

Edited by cubbymark

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If Eli never starts another game - he will finish with a career record of 116-116

(QB wins are meaningless but that is still amusing)

I'd need to look it up, but since he's a mortal lock for Canton... I'm going to guess he's going to be in the bottom 10 for QB records in the HoF. 

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'd need to look it up, but since he's a mortal lock for Canton... I'm going to guess he's going to be in the bottom 10 for QB records in the HoF. 

He's better than Joe Namath. 

He's better than Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon the aforementioned Namath, Doug William's, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler as Super Bowl winning QBs.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Considering he is 12th all time in career wins... no

Unless you mean winning percentage

Or unless you mean "leader" in a stats category

EDIT - I should clarify that probably the two biggest "strikes" against Eli and his Hall of Fame credentials (and I am not aruging for or against because I am biased) are, yes, his win/loss record and his INTs

All I will say that I already mentioned that QB W/L record is bullshit in general and one could argue he is actually getting punished for never missing a game due to injury.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

He's better than Joe Namath. 

He's better than Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon the aforementioned Namath, Doug William's, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler as Super Bowl winning QBs.

Other than Namath, none of them are in the HOF. . . . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As for Minkah...  You don't want to be here for the bad times?  You don't get to be here when the times are good. 

To be fair, he'll probably be long retired by the time there are good times in Miami.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Considering he is 12th all time in career wins... no

Unless you mean winning percentage

Or unless you mean "leader" in a stats category

EDIT - I should clarify that probably the two biggest "strikes" against Eli and his Hall of Fame credentials (and I am not aruging for or against because I am biased) are, yes, his win/loss record and his INTs

All I will say that I already mentioned that QB W/L record is bullshit in general and one could argue he is actually getting punished for never missing a game due to injury.

Anyone who uses W/L record to evaluate someone in a team sport is a fool.

And since someone mentioned Broadway Joe: These days everyone pushes the narrative that he is overrated so hard (and they are almost all people who never saw him play and are basing it on stats) that I feel he is actually underrated. He is actually a lot like Mickey Mantle in that they are both all time greats but serious injuries prevented both from having even greater careers.