DVDVR Message Board

uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩ sᴉ ʍɐɹ - 9/16/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1. Yes it does. Masks are almost always better.

2. They were never as all in on Bray as they are now. And ANYTHING is better than "Captain Flippydoo" as top guy. I hope Wyatt hands him his ass in the Cell.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh yeah,  Corey saying "beta cuck" is ridiculous.  He needs to get off TV and soon.  

Well they finally managed to give us a commentator I hate more than Michael Cole. Didn't know it was possible. 

Please don't let Rusev be sucked into this pile of shit angle for longer than a week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

So Big Dave "has been told" that Vince has been personally booking Cedric this way to BuRy him.  So I expect Cedric to win the US belt in 3 weeks.

"This way?" Like, having competitive matches in a mini-feud with a main eventer?

• Like 1

The commentary last night was quite possibly as bad as it has ever been.  The way Graves and Cole, and to a lesser extent Young, just wait to pounce on one or the other and point out a mistake they made is like listening to a Twitter feed come to life.  It leads to horrible exchanges like when Graves mocked Cole for talking about pinning the champ, only to realize he was right and trying to simultaneously backpedal but not concede that he was wrong.  

Then you had the stupid part where Graves talked about how Cedric took AJ to the limit.  Then Cole, clearly after getting an earful from backstage, disagreed with him leading to Graves talking about what a tough night it was for Cedric only minutes after he called it a good night for him!

I really hated last nights show.  It was the first time I’ve watched in about a year where I thought “They genuinely have no idea what people want, so they?”  King Corbin.  Going to a commercial on a Lacey Evans entrance like that’s going to motivate fans who largely detest her to not change the channel.  Hyping Smackdown with Corbin’s coronation.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

It's the same thing that was happening on wwe tv 4 years ago.

Lights out, attack wrestler, rambling promos, repeat. Doing it in a mask doesn't make it better.

I definitely see this point. But at the same time, they suddenly have a semi-hot hand. Might as well play it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swiftian said:

The guy on the left, the Canadian, is speaking Punjabi. The other guy is presumably speaking Albanian (it definitely wasn't Dutch, and had an eastern European sound to it)

Thanks, it was a bit confusing. Must say, despite the language dissimilarity, they look like they could be brothers. This is probably only the fourth or fifth time I've ever seen them so it's nice that they're doing a proper reintroduction instead of dropping them in cold. 

Oh, and Graves really needs to fuck off

Edited by Curt McGirt

It's vampire invitation logic. 

Seth Rollins, by accepting The Fiend's challenge, has "let him in", and now the Funhouse is able to directly fuck with the WWE universe, including turning graphics upside down and hacking the show in other ways. 

I like it.*

*nevermind that the puppets were already making backstage cameos weeks ago

• Like 4