DVDVR Message Board

uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩ sᴉ ʍɐɹ - 9/16/2019

Dolfan in NYC

39 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

It looked like the scene in Alien with Jodi Foster. That's the kind of scene where someone flipping through the channels or sees something on Twitter and is just baffled as to WTF that's all about and wants to learn more. 

I'm more baffled that you think Jodie Foster is in Alien.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Lots of stuff going on with this show.

Corbin-Gable was fantastic. Corbin winning was the better outcome. The gimmick is built for a heel and Corbin is a great sleaze when given room.

The gender reveal party was trainwreck TV elevated by everyone's performance. From Street Profits' animated responses to Titus' "His life is about to CHANGE!" to Slater and Hawkins' facial expressions--it all worked. Ricochet trying to talk reasonably to Bennett only to make things worse was also good. Graves calling Bennett a beta cuck was wild. I still have issues with the Maria/Mike story, but the segment was good.

Authors of Pain get a great reintroduction. And someone finally realized letting charismatic people express that charisma in their native language in pre-taped interviews is the way to go!

Women's tag match was fun. Lacey-Dana was short but good with both displaying solid offense.

Kane's "I still got it!" chant to himself was perfect, as was him coming to save Rollins (nice callback on their history) only to get Clawed by The Fiend.

My one big concern is how much they used The Fiend. They have to use him in small doses. Everything is working now because they leave us wanting more. If they go to the well too often, we know it's all downhill. 

Can't say it was a boring episode.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What was Cesaro wearing btw? Those shoes were worse than Charlotte's heels. I have no idea why you would wear heels to do a run-in, too; she's lucky she didn't break an ankle on the ramp. 

Seeing Rusev again and hearing about Luke Harper honestly has me disappointed. I was ready for both of those guys to be AEW shoe-ins and sure enough they get dragged back. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What was Cesaro wearing btw? Those shoes were worse than Charlotte's heels. I have no idea why you would wear heels to do a run-in, too; she's lucky she didn't break an ankle on the ramp. 

Seeing Rusev again and hearing about Luke Harper honestly has me disappointed. I was ready for both of those guys to be AEW shoe-ins and sure enough they get dragged back. 

So was I...so was I.

2 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Corbin/Gable was great. nothing else was. If I wasn't already sick of Bray, they sure went out of their way to drive the firefly funhouse into the ground tonight.

How is that possible? It's the best thing happening on wwe tv happening right now...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

She did a full run-in in heels on the 7/31/18 SDL which started the build to her and Becky’s feud last year.

• Like 1

Madeline Rogero versus Glenn Jacobs at Hell In A Cell, right?

I think Titus was wearing the UT shirt that was designed by a bullied younger fan, so that's pretty cool. But fuck Michael Cole for saying UT sucks more than Mike Kanellis. I mean, it's true, but goddamnit, I still don't want to hear it!

Also, is this the first time they've openly admitted the Mike & Maria angle is basically a cuck angle? I legit LOL'd and was kinda shocked when Corey Graves called him a beta male cuck.

Nice to see Dana Brooke return to tv. and a decent match between her and Lacey. Surprised that they are continuing this Nattie/Lacey feud after all. So with Dana’s return and Sarah Logan at the gender reveal, I think Naomi, Lana, and Alicia Fox are the only non-injured Raw woman still stuck in catering. 

The women’s tag match was pretty good. Heel Sasha is the best Sasha but who knew heel Bayley could be so much fun.