DVDVR Message Board

uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩ sᴉ ʍɐɹ - 9/16/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Wow, I thought this show kicked ass and was the best Raw in, shit, months. 

Rey/Cesaro was incredible, the women’s tag was great, Rusev looks amazing. The production with the backstage interviews facing the camera by Banks and Lynch. The KOTR finals was very good and the Corbin cheers are real.

Shit,  Kane walking tall in HIS town like fucking Bill Watts, leading to the obvious Wyatt bit but in an organic way.

This was a Heyman show through and through and this ruled.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN RRRUUUUUUUUUSEV

Spoiler

v1.bjs3ODU1NDA7ajsxODE4OTsxMjAwOzU0MDs3M

No but seriously...Rusev.

Spoiler

8031701283067799936.jpg

Also in that pizza commercial does Shaq say "I've been eating that parmesan cheese since I was 17 years old" because that's a weird brag.

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 1

As much as I may dislike him, I gotta admit Corbin is perfectly fine in the ring. Watch him come at the crowd whenever they started to quiet down. Of course, Gable should have won, but he got beaten on and beaten on. Kudos for him stealing the end of Angle/Benoit too. 

So who's Rey going to face next week? Maybe there's somebody he wants in NXT to come up? 

EDIT: If I was Shaq I would have bragged about the garlic butter instead. That's the only stuff that makes the mass of dough they claim is pizza edible. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Here comes Baron Corbin push #423 that will go over like a wet fart. The match was pretty decent, though most of that was on Gable.

I would be quick to write off the Cucknelis segment as Attitude Era wrestlecrap did it not give us the return of Russev and his mustache. 

The rest of the show was good overall. I have little confidence Bray's new schtick will have legs but time will tell.

At this stage, I think they should just go all in on Corbin to get a short term massive heat moment at the first Smackdown to impress the execs who won't realize that a live moment like that doesn't actually transfer to money or ratings in any way. Then have him get his comeuppance later in the night for a big pop and hover him at the mid card belt level for the next four years.

The final visual ending of Raw was spectacular. When the 5-on-1 beating occurred, I was wondering how/if The Fiend was going to arrive, especially when it was clear Rollins wasn't going to do a Hogan comeback. Then Kane comes to the cheers of his hometown crowd... only for The Fiend to mandible claw him. That was cool enough, but then Bray crawling over to Rollins and taunting him without even touching him was so great. It looked like the scene in Alien with Jodi Foster. That's the kind of scene where someone flipping through the channels or sees something on Twitter and is just baffled as to WTF that's all about and wants to learn more. 

Women's tag match was super fun. Heel Bayley is such a great spineless toad.

Corbin/Gable was pretty damn good, but it was still stupid to have Corbin win.

Dana/Lacey was pretty decent. I did enjoy Lacey using the sharpshooter as an FU to Nattie.

I skipped the Kanellis stuff though it was nice to see Rusev back.

The 24/7 stuff with Truth and Kane was fun.

Rey/Cesaro was nice.

The Authors of Pain promo was so damn awesome and felt like the first time the two didn't needed a manager.

Bayley/Sasha vs. BlissCross was good. We always knew Sasha was at her best as a heel, but Bayley has taken to it so damn well. Dug the promos building to an actual HIAC match between Sasha & Becky.

Thought they might have used FFFH just a bit too much tonight though I enjoyed the Fiend appearance at the end. Seth looked like such a bitch though cowering away from the Fiend. If he wasn't dead in the water before, he probably is after that.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is WWE running Kansas City this year? If so, Corbin is getting a title reign. It worked so well with Jinder in India; what could possibly go wrong?

Truly the heir to late era Central States. A veritable Bulldog Bob Brown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4