DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Kevin Owens to AEW CONFIRMED - 9/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

MSG, like this Shane-filled Smackdown, gave me a headache. 

They're clearly building to a Loser Leaves Town Hell in a Cell for Owens and Shane, and I have no interest. 

Congrats on Gable and Rowan for earning the biggest singles matches of their respective careers. Despite both being fucking toast at the PPV.

I would love to know if ANYONE in the booking not McMahon meeting went up to Vince and tried to convince him of a Baron Corbin vs Shane McMahon KOTR final.  I don't think Gable has a snowball chance in hell of beating Corbin but getting this far given how nothing they have used him in about a year and given how incredibly talented he is

I think they missed an opportunity tonight. They should have had Shane win, everyone expect Corbin to lay down on Sunday, Corbin kick out, Corbin kick Shane's ass and turn face. Hear me out.

We are so far down the Corbin heat rabbit hole at this point that there have been notable cheers over the past few weeks, most notably last night. We're so far down that hole that I don't know if those are ironic un-ironic kayfabed legit cheers or what, but they were there. They should just keep digging further and turn the dude face just to see what happens. Who the hell knows at this point.

• Like 1

Miz/Almas was nice. As was Bayley/Ember. 

The Kofi/Orton segment was decent enough though I was hoping for a  New Day vs. Orton/Revival brawl.

The Rowan/Roman brawl was awesome. It feels weird seeing them give Rowan a big moment like this in a feud that likely will just bring us to Bryan/Roman, but I'm not going to complain after getting to see a "fan" powerbombed into Roman and various security.

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I think they missed an opportunity tonight. They should have had Shane win, everyone expect Corbin to lay down on Sunday, Corbin kick out, Corbin kick Shane's ass and turn face. Hear me out.

We are so far down the Corbin heat rabbit hole at this point that there have been notable cheers over the past few weeks, most notably last night. We're so far down that hole that I don't know if those are ironic un-ironic kayfabed legit cheers or what, but they were there. They should just keep digging further and turn the dude face just to see what happens. Who the hell knows at this point.

Too early for that. 

15 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Babyface Kevin Owens says be careful what you wish for.

34 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Owens reaallly should've pulled a "that doesn't work for me, brother" tonight. Way to make him look like an absolute chump-ass loser. Felt like the crowd was boo'ing that booking as much as they were playing along and boo'ing what was happening.

He looked like shit and got jumped for his troubles. Gable should have come across strong by overcoming the 2 on 1 odds, but instead he just whined to Owens every time Shane pulled his shit. Horribly booked segment. Time for Shane to fuck off and go away.

Even by WWE babyface booking standards, I’m astonished at how poorly this has been going. I figured he has enough of an edge and they seem to like him enough that this was going to go well. Worst case scenario had to be him getting saddled with some lame Vince humour, right?

Wrong. The bottom is always deeper than I imagine. 

• Like 2

We all knew the Shane shit was going down so just be happy he didn't win and had Corbin lay down for him like one of us predicted (I think). 

Otherwise I didn't really have a problem with what I paid attention to. Two decent brawls to underline the PPV matches. MSG felt better tonight. Mandy Rose saying the one woman on the roster that truly floats my boat aside from Sarah Logan* is ugly is particularly amusing; they didn't even get a really rough photo of her with the bad hair FFS. 

* Okay, maybe that's a bit untrue but I'm not Corey Graves and it's none of your business

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

King Corbin is a lot more useful storyline-wise, but with AEW less than a month away this might be the time to put every possible babyface over and make the neo(s)marks happy. Granted, if Gable wins Corbin needs to steal the crown from him on the next PPV and keep it/falsely defend it for awhile.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

I can believe that Vince or the rest of creative would come up with such a totally horseshit angle for Owens that has made him look stupid or spineless at every turn.

What I can't believe is that KO never said "this is stupid, I'm not doing it, write me something better" and when they go to their "well what should we do" you tell them "how about I just act like Stone Cold and fuck Shane up and not get outsmarted and not look like a little bitch."

This fucking company.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I can believe that Vince or the rest of creative would come up with such a totally horseshit angle for Owens that has made him look stupid or spineless at every turn.

What I can't believe is that KO never said "this is stupid, I'm not doing it, write me something better" and when they go to their "well what should we do" you tell them "how about I just act like Stone Cold and fuck Shane up and not get outsmarted and not look like a little bitch."

This fucking company.

Well why do you think Moxley left? The thing is they don't learn from their mistakes over there and if they keep doing crap like that it might happen again. 

Or: See thread title

• Like 1

1) They have established over the past few weeks there were stakes to KO getting any sort of licks into Shane. Now KO has nothing to lose, which is when he can act freely.

2) Kofi got to do a badass act on the same show. Having two faces walking away standing tall on the same diminishes each one.