DVDVR Message Board

Raw is MSG - 9/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

ALL HAIL. King Corbin. Just glad it wasn't the most predictable route after all. I can accept Gable going over more than Ricochet wins everything. Rest of the show was pretty much the usual. Opening just made me want to see Austin vs. Styles.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There were a bunch of tickets available last night.  I feel like Michael Cole screaming "WE'RE SOLD OUT" was... probably BS or some manipulation of the numbers. 

If you had Vince in your ear, most of what you said would probably be bullshit as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Elpatrongrande said:

So the clock at the firefly funhouse said 11:19 

hmmmmm the Undertaker debut on WWF/WWE on 11-19 1990 and he is supposed to be at smackdown tomorrow, and the fiend never forgets.....

Could be overthinking things or not.

I like the theory but Let me get back to you on that  @Flair’s Shadow

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, just drew said:

They cannot get out of their own way trying to get Seth Rollins over by having legends give him the rub. At the end of the day, it's still captain charisma-less. 

The 4HW deserved better than they got. I was shocked at how well Bayley worked heel and how much fun she seemed to be having doing it. Good for her.

As much as smarks mock “You’re the real big dog, Roman”, Seth’s has way more of those moments, and he’s still, well, Seth.

As for Bayley, it was basically the first time she’s worked heel since her indie days, so I can see how it was refreshing.

Oh yeah I wanted to credit AJ Styles mic work tonight he was the only one in the ring who seemed like he belonged with Stone Cold.  Him and Daniel Bryan used to be discussed (maybe AJ more than Bryan) as having average mic work or even outright bad and that it would hold them back in WWE.  

They've been tremendous. AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan would have been stars in the 90's too. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh yeah I wanted to credit AJ Styles mic work tonight he was the only one in the ring who seemed like he belonged with Stone Cold.  Him and Daniel Bryan used to be discussed (maybe AJ more than Bryan) as having average mic work or even outright bad and that it would hold them back in WWE.  

They've been tremendous. AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan would have been stars in the 90's too. 

AJ as a heel 100% puts that narrative to bed. Anyone talking shit after the Prince AJ gimmick in TNA didn’t have a clue. 

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't think that moonsault had any actual contact. That was one of the strangest things I've seen in the ring. 

It's not the first time she's gone over and landed on her feet first. But that may have been the ugliest example of it.

Even when she does her twisting deal to the outside and lands on her feet, presumably knocking people down with the back of her arms (?), I hate it. It looks too much like a gymnastic routine when we know she has the goods to just put on a great pro wrestling performance without all that stuff.

But it's 2019. Nobody wants to cut a moonsault out of their repertoire. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I wish Charlotte wouldn’t moonsalt. Easily my least favourite thing she does.

What Ziggy said.  She is rotating too much in an effort not to land total belly because she doesn't want to take the knee bump.

I wish she wouldn't do it because she either kills whomever she lands on or she totally whiffs.

If she's going to insist on using a big flippy move, I would suggest that she switch to the Moonsault Footstomp so that she doesn't take any knee bumps at all but again, I don't trust her not to totally fucking kill whomever she lands on.

I would say that the problem is that she's too tall, but you know... Vader.

8 hours ago, Elpatrongrande said:

Also it's kind of funny to give the Viking Raiders beer considering both are straight edge, I was watching to see if they actually drank beer or not and they didn't.

Oh that's right -- Ray Rowe used to come to the ring at Firestorm Pro Wrestling in Cleveland with his own straight-edge posse.

2 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Oh that's right -- Ray Rowe used to come to the ring at Firestorm Pro Wrestling in Cleveland with his own straight-edge posse.

Didn’t know that, but l was watching it and was saying to myself yeah this should be interesting.

They just toasted and sprayed the beer around, but l guess for their gimmick, you would think some big bad Vikings would be drinking beer so it made sense I guess, and a nice rub for both them and Cedric. I bet he never thought he would be on the main event at MSG, having a beer with Stone Cold.

• Like 1